Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2018, 08:04 AM   Topic Starter
MVP

Andy's Presser and Play calling

Great game. I'm very encouraged moving forward with this team. Lost on the road, by 3 pts, to one of the best offenses in the league. And, had a chance to end it with a dropped INT and a drive with 1:50 to go. I'll take it.

However, Andy Reid mentioned he could've called better plays in the game, and I couldn't agree more. Particularly on the second from last drive. Chiefs get the ball back with 1:50 to go, down by 3 and all 3 timeouts, Rams have none. They get the ball to the 45 ish with a pass to Tyreek with about 1:20 left if I remember correctly, and still 3 timeouts and the clock stopped. They need maybe 20 yards to be in FG range, but obviously want a TD for the win.

Next play is the play where Mahomes is hit as he throws and it's picked by Peters. When the strength of the defense is the D line and it's rush, why not use the screen, draw, WR screens, bubbles, etc to work down the field instead of having Mahomes drop back with nothing but slow developing plays? I'm guessing that's what Andy is talking about. I know, you can second guess anything, but I was watching and thinking, don't try to get it all right here. Next play, game over. Frustrating. I'd think having Hunt in the mix at the end, with high percentage passes would have been the way to go rather than 5-7 step drop plays. Anyhow, great game. Chiefs gonna end up 14-2 with HVA throughout.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.