Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-09-2017, 12:59 PM  
The Boom Boom Room

Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #781
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Meh.

I'd have rather spent the $25 million given to Berry elsewhere.

At this point, he's held together by Super Glue and Duct Tape.

The Chiefs would be a better team had they invested it elsewhere.
When the dust settles you might be right.

I'm choosing to wait before I pass judgement. If the dude has another few seasons approaching the ones he had in 2013, 2015, 2016 or his incredible game in 2017, we'll come out of this deal in the green.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #782
Snacks Are Under My Apron

If we don't fix our run defense, we better have CBs that take the wood to the beaver. DLine especially.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #783
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
The sample size is too small. It's not interesting at all.

A team just doesn't simply get better while losing an All-Pro player. The Chiefs with Peters>>>>>the Chiefs without Peters.
I get it. We have a small sample size on Mahomes too. One game. Vs a QB who threw for 4,000 yards. I'm thinking we upgraded the QB spot based on what I saw that one game.

I get the whole argument for Peters, and am not jumping on the Peters needs to go bandwagon. But I also don't think the 28th ranked defense is going in the tank without him.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #784
Supporter

Quote:
When the dust settles you might be right.

I'm choosing to wait before I pass judgement. If the dude has another few seasons approaching the ones he had in 2013, 2015, 2016 or his incredible game in 2017, we'll come out of this deal in the green.
That's a big if at this point, Dude, but yes, time will tell.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #785
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
That's exactly where I'm at.

I want Berry to be a Chief for life, but not for a blank check.

He has serious concerns, medically.

Cancer returns and he's on a huge money guaranteed deal...were ****ed
His weak Achilles tears (that's been a concern for 2 years), were ****ed
He doesn't replicate his best season ever each year, were ****ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
There were plenty of people on here who thought Berry wasn’t worth the money we were going to pay him.
I was of the opinion that Berry wasn’t worth the mega deal he was sure to be offered...my reasoning was solid.

I still have concerns that his other Achilles will tear when he returns, or the cancer will return, causing him to retire early.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #786
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
That's a big if at this point, Dude, but yes, time will tell.
I doubted the dude when he had cancer and he came back to play the best ball of his life. I won't doubt him now.

But anyway, at this current juncture I'm feeling OK about his deal. Yeah, he didn't earn it this season, but who's to say that $13m would help us more than he can in the future?

$13m could potentially net us an Allen Bailey and a Daniel Sorenson. A Ron Parker, a Steven Nelson and a Demetrius Harris. An Eric Fisher.

Give me the injury prone safety who plays at a HOF level over any combination of those bags of dicks any day.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #787
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I'm tired of being overlooked when I have legitimate football inquires - also (while I'm at it) I'm sick and tired of being used for my culinary knowledge - you guys need to reciprocate!
Landry is the new Anquan Boldin.

Slow, but fights for the ball every time (usually wins) and is a good blocker for the run game. Bad times speed, good game speed. Fights through CB arm tackles and is a savvy player.

Hope that helps.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #788
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Landry is the new Anquan Boldin.

Slow, but fights for the ball every time (usually wins) and is a good blocker for the run game. Bad times speed, good game speed. Fights through CB arm tackles and is a savvy player.

Hope that helps.
That's very sweet of you to follow-up like that - I'm glad we're connected on CP - you're a perfect gentleman
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:40 PM   #789
MVP

Quote:
Oh, Lord. First it was Philip Gaines' mom and now I've found Jarvis Landry's girlfriend..

The dude averages 10 YPC. You want to trade picks and $16m of cap space for a guy who needs to catch 120 balls to crack 1,000 yards. You're a real ****ing genius.

I understand completely how differently they're used. Doesn't change the fact that they're both possession receivers. We've got the one who's bigger, stronger, faster and can jump higher at a fraction of the cost. And I'm honestly not convinced that Chris couldn't match the mighty Landry's 60 yards per game if we targeted him as frequently as the Fins do JL. Conley>Landry all ****ing day.

My boyfriend is reality. It's the only thing worth defending. If you're calling Conley a possession receiver you don't know what one is.

First and foremost I never said I wanted Landry on the Chiefs at that price. It's a ridiculous price for a slot receiver. I just scoffed at your complete ignorance by saying Conley and Landry are the same. I mean seriously?

Your YPC argument is being bandied about the internet as we speak since Landry got franchised and people in the know are roasting it. Just so you understand. I'm not going to take the time to go into great detail why you don't know what you're talking about but I'll cross-post this anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Also you'll hear people bitch about Landry's ypc being low and that's because they didn't watch the Dolphins throw passes to Landry three yards behind the line of scrimmage and the line falling apart and say "go get that first down" and then him catch it from his own shoelaces and then inexplicably go get that first down.

He made Cutler look decent if you just looked at the numbers. My biggest fear is Landry somehow ending up with New England.

Yes I was a Landry fantasy owner in PPR.

In fact, just watch this and listen. There isn't one thing said in this video that applies to Conley. And I like Conley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMI28nDxT8Q

Last edited by Kiimo; 02-22-2018 at 07:14 PM..
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #790
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
My boyfriend is reality. It's the only thing worth defending. If you're calling Conley a possession receiver you don't know what one is.

First and foremost I never said I wanted Landry on the Chiefs at that price. It's a ridiculous price for a slot receiver. I just scoffed at your complete ignorance by saying Conley and Landry are the same. I mean seriously?

Your YPC argument is being bandied about the internet as we speak since Landry got franchised and people in the know are roasting it. Just so you understand. I'm not going to take the time to go into great detail why you don't know what you're talking about but I'll cross-post this anyway...

In fact, just watch this and listen. There isn't one thing said in this video that applies to Conley. And I like Conley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMI28nDxT8Q
"Landry is forced to pick up all of his yards on screen passes"

Links a vid that doesn't show him being thrown a single screen

Lol riiiiight. The dude's averaged 10 YPC over a four year career. He's just not explosive. He ran slow in the combine and doesn't play fast; therefore, he's best described as a slow possession receiver.

I'm curious as to which Chiefs games you're watching to call Conley a vertical threat. He has not been a burner in his time in KC. Not even a little bit.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #791
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
We can't afford him...
Quote:
I never said I wanted Landry on the Chiefs at that price
Sounds like a HARD pass then lol
Old 02-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #792
MVP

Quote:
"Landry is forced to pick up all of his yards on screen passes"

Links a vid that doesn't show him being thrown a single screen

Almost done with work and defending a player who won't be a Chief ever. But one last thing.

That video was made before this season. After he averaged 12.1 ypc. He averaged 8.8 this season, the season I was referring to with Cutler. I linked it because people are describing his attributes. This stuff isn't hard. My solitary point is Conley and Landry are not comparable. They are different heights, weights, play the game differently, have different speed, tenaciousness, run different routes with different effort levels and finally...play different positions.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #793
Unsparing

Quote:
That's what I don't get. Unless Peters flat comes out and says that he isn't playing under the franchise tag.....then it would be stupid of us to not let him play out his rookie deal, franchise him AND THEN see if anyone wants to trade for him.

I guarantee you that his attitude will go back to normal with Mahomes running the offense and a competent CB2 across from him.
Agreed. People are discounting this far too much. Winners want to win, and we ALL KNOW who the major roadblock in the equation was. If you think that...QB sucked the life out of YOU, just imagine what it must have been like to PLAY with him and watch the world fall to shit BECAUSE of him.

You are correct, I fully agree, and we WILL be proven right in this matter.

Quote:
You keep bringing up the QB position.......so yeah.....you're talking about it.
As did I, in a roundabout way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Team chemistry
Guy writing the check says so
Something known only to a few inside
Disgruntled player
Sometimes pieces just don't fit without any explanation
Maybe a shift in team dynamics maybe we are going to go all out on offense now?
It's all speculation at this point.
"But...but...MUH cHUNT"!
Thank you for being a part of the ongoing problem.

Quote:
Your getting all lathered up like the black stallions been mounting you up all morning.
^^^^What a piece of shit.

Quote:
There were plenty of people on here who thought Berry wasn’t worth the money we were going to pay him.
The character of this fan base, or lack thereof, was FULLY on display at that time. One minute these pricks couldn't praise him enough for beating cancer, and the next minute their panties were fully wadded in the most grotesque display of schizophrenic selfishness I've ever seen.

There's a LOT to hate about football fans.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:38 PM   #794
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Almost done with work and defending a player who won't be a Chief ever. But one last thing.

That video was made before this season. After he averaged 12.1 ypc. He averaged 8.8 this season, the season I was referring to with Cutler. I linked it because people are describing his attributes. This stuff isn't hard. My solitary point is Conley and Landry are not comparable. They are different heights, weights, play the game differently, have different speed, tenaciousness, run different routes with different effort levels and finally...play different positions.
Ah, it's almo- it's almost like I said that already.

Quote:
Difference is Conley is 6'3", ran a 4.35 and had like a 44 inch vertical while Landry is 5'11, ran a 4.7 and had a 28 inch vertical.
Quote:
We've got the one who's bigger, stronger, faster and can jump higher at a fraction of the cost.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:42 PM   #795
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Fescoe said on 610 AM this morning that Terez said Peters is probably not going to sign here.

http://www.610sports.com/media/audio...-marcus-peters

At 4:45
From what I gathered there, all Terez was saying was that he didn’t see Peters being re-signed at the time of the suspension last year. He didn’t say anything along the lines of “Marcus doesn’t want to be in KC”...

A lot has changed since then.

I will say that Peters definitely seems like the type to hold out this Summer at training camp, as it is his first year that he can do so. He missed OTAs last year, so I’d say a holdout should be the expectation.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.