Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-10-2020, 07:15 AM  
The Boom Boom Room

The CW'S New Batwoman

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
Ain't no relax!

The CW superhero shows have been trash.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #3
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Some are so bad they are great, kind of like 80's action flicks.

Oh, and she is smokin'.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:20 AM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The first few seasons of Arrow and the first season of flash were pretty good. Other than that? Balls.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:36 AM   #5
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The first few seasons of Arrow and the first season of flash were pretty good. Other than that? Balls.
FLASH IS THE MOTHER EFFFING BOMB,YO!!! FIGHT ME BRO!!!
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #6
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Same. I thought Flash was going to be good the way it started. But it got ridiculous pretty quickly.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #7
Still Lurking

Is it a problem with them bringing to many super heroes into the mix. Meaning it was originally just the Arrow. Then he started bringing in everyone and their grandmother to Team Arrow and the lair. And everyone has super powers or training or whatever now. Same thing with the Flash. Everyone is a super hero or Bad guy.

I think the CW likes their Tween Romance shows and tries to force the same thing into the super hero shows they have. Everyone is in a relationship or what are the problems with X and Y in this episode. Should X tell Y about their secret identity, how will that effect the love triangle with X y and z???
Barret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBarret 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #8
Needs more middle fingers

The CW?

Im out.

The CW makes shows for chicks, man.

I can promise you right now, without knowing dick about this series, that it'll be mostly aimed at teenage girls.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech94 View Post
FLASH IS THE MOTHER EFFFING BOMB,YO!!! FIGHT ME BRO!!!
It could be. I just couldn’t sign up for another 24 hours of flash.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #10
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The CW?

Im out.

The CW makes shows for chicks, man.

I can promise you right now, without knowing dick about this series, that it'll be mostly aimed at teenage girls.
This to go along with it feels like we're reaching some point of critical mass with superhero entertainment. I'm not sure even Marvel and their MCU will retain the enthusiasm people had leading up to Endgame (although I will admit I'm geeked to see their cosmic side, but I digress).
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
This to go along with it feels like we're reaching some point of critical mass with superhero entertainment. I'm not sure even Marvel and their MCU will retain the enthusiasm people had leading up to Endgame (although I will admit I'm geeked to see their cosmic side, but I digress).
I think this pause in the TV/FILM world might actually benefit from the potential over saturation.. but a good film is a good film.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #12
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barret View Post
Is it a problem with them bringing to many super heroes into the mix. Meaning it was originally just the Arrow. Then he started bringing in everyone and their grandmother to Team Arrow and the lair. And everyone has super powers or training or whatever now. Same thing with the Flash. Everyone is a super hero or Bad guy.

I think the CW likes their Tween Romance shows and tries to force the same thing into the super hero shows they have. Everyone is in a relationship or what are the problems with X and Y in this episode. Should X tell Y about their secret identity, how will that effect the love triangle with X y and z???
I gave Green Arrow a try but it is just as you said. I am not the target demographic. The new Batwoman actress looks pretty good. She has more of a superhero face with strong features. I doubt I'll like it but I may give it a shot at some point.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #13
Stay positive, don't give up

Stargirl is coming to the CW now. Really enjoyed it on DC Universe as you can tell the production is good. Hope it remains the same on CW.

I liked first few seasons of Arrow and still like the Flash. I liked Black Lightning but haven't watched s2.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:41 AM   #14
Cheaterlover*

So here's what I think the problems are.

The CW definitely aims towards teens and girls so their storylines do have a lot of angst and romance in them. But the problem is more the nature of the characters themselves. Everyone knows that Marvel's characters are more flawed and thus more relatable. The DC characters are very one-dimensional and always have been. Aquaman lives underwater, Flash can run fast, Green Arrow uses arrows, blah blah blah. The only character who isn't one-dimensional is Batman, which is why IMO he's so popular. So when you start to try to give these characters backstory and delve into personal lives and try to give them complicated relationships, it starts to seem very soap opera-y and unnecessary.

Couple that with the very one-dimensional "heroes vs. villians" plotlines and it just becomes very tiresome very quickly. And then you can throw in some lazy writing and repetitive plotlines (e.g. Oliver and his island, Barry and time travel and his future disappearance).

Oh, and did I mention that TV just doesn't lend itself that well to superheroes? It's one thing to have an expensively-produced star-powered 2-hour theatrical movie full of special effects; it's entirely another to have a low-budget weekly show where you need to kill a lot of time. Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot will get the edge there every time.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #15
Plays to win the game!

The first three or four seasons of Arrow and the Flash were good, but then they succumbed to boring villains, boring storylines, boring writing, or a combination of the three. CW oversaturated themselves with content and only half of it was good and then over reached on certain storylines that didn't have the major players in them due to licensing issues and limited budgets. I've been done with them for a little bit now.

Hard to judge this new Batwoman over just a few pictures, but I think they're trying anything they can think of to drum up interest again, but I would imagine most viewers are just over the fad at this point, realizing that movies is where the major players are going to reside in the future.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.