Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-02-2020, 04:09 PM  
MVP

FedEx asks Redskins to change name

Here we go. I think part of the reason we’ve been safe from this kind of stuff is because the Redskins have always been a bigger target. Now that there’s pressure from sponsors Snyder is going to feel the heat like never before.

If they go down, make no mistake, the mob will come for us next.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #106
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
this statement is signed REDSKINS

they're not changing shit - this statement is a low key **** you

They wouldn’t have even put this out if they had no intention of changing

Granted, their hand is being forced financially from Fedex, Nike, etc....
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #107
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
No. The Chiefs fan base is strong enough they don't care about this shit.

Cancel culture ain't coming here.
Dude, I don't want the Chiefs name to change, but the fans have very little power in deciding this shit.

Snyder and the fans thought they were in charge with Redskins. And then the money arrived at the party, and then they had nothing.

Last edited by RealSNR; 07-03-2020 at 10:36 AM..
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #108
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Dude, I don't want the Chiefs name to change, but the fans have very little power in deciding this shit.

Snyder and the fans thought they were in charge with Redskins. And then the money to the party, and they had nothing.
DC is different. Period.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #109
Starter

Latest news from the Redskins.
https://babylonbee.com/news/redskins...n-better-in-dc
redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
They wouldn’t have even put this out if they had no intention of changing

Granted, their hand is being forced financially from Fedex, Nike, etc....
I don't think that's true at all. They can't say nothing in this day and age - they have to give the appearance that they're taking it seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends in the standard "We talked, they're cool with it, and we gave them a bunch of money."
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #111
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco View Post
Braves, Indians, Chiefs—They’ll all be history quickly. There’s simply no consequence to getting rid of the names and imagery
Braves, Indians and Chiefs don't directly refer to someone's skin color, nor were they used as a slur in the 1800's-1900's to summarize a type of people.

It's a pretty damn important nuance.

It's very simple to me: Society wouldn't tolerate a "Blackskins" team. Most of us would agree it's in poor taste.

Society would go ape shit over a "Whiteskins" team.

Why is Redskins any different?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #112
Starter

Texas Rangers: brutal racists, the klan of the border.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:59 AM   #113
MVP

Washington Sentinels please.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #114
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Braves, Indians and Chiefs don't directly refer to someone's skin color, nor were they used as a slur in the 1800's-1900's to summarize a type of people.

It's a pretty damn important nuance.

It's very simple to me: Society wouldn't tolerate a "Blackskins" team. Most of us would agree it's in poor taste.

Society would go ape shit over a "Whiteskins" team.

Why is Redskins any different?

Yeah, the interesting part of this is that people on all sides become so entrenched that there's no reasonable discussion. I have misgivings about replacing names like Braves and Chiefs. I don't think they're inherently disparaging terms, and I view with skepticism the notion of "embracing diversity" by deleting public references to a culture. I think people view the Redskins name as the opening salvo of a larger war and they want to hold the line, but defending the name "Redskins" is a folly.

It would appear to me that the line of reasonableness falls somewhere between Redskins and Braves. Redskins is clearly over the line. Maybe Indians is as well, though I find it hard to view it as a racial thing when we've also got the Vikings and patriots that are the same concept. I think Braves is under the line because it's not about Indians, it's about warriors and it's clearly honorific. Braves is equivalent to Cowboys and Oilers and Packers.
It's not racially motivated, but rather is vocationally oriented. Chiefs is closer to the line than Braves, but still under it for the same reason. As others have noted, I think the issue lies with the tertiary activities like the chop and the horse and that sort of thing.

Others may have different opinions about where the line is, of course, but our challenge is that we don't know what the rule is for changing. Does it change if more than 50 percent are offended? Or do we change if one person out of our 300 million is offended?

Or are the only opinions that count those of the population being portrayed? I'd be fine with that as a decision rule, but if that's the case then I don't want to hear the opinions of the non-portrayed population. We put the question to our population of Native Americans and let them decide. And then we go to our Scandinavian population about Vikings and our tiger population about Bengals.

Last edited by Rain Man; 07-03-2020 at 01:27 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #115

Stephen A. Smith says live on ESPN that a source tells him the name is going to be changed.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #116
MVP

If they change the name then Synder will lose any respect he had among the Skins fans. They will be flying banners calling for him to sell the team. Defending the name is the only thing they praised him for and the only thing keeping from a full out fan revolt.

I am betting the fanbase doubles and triples down on the Indian iconography.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #117
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
This is gonna get real ugly. I mean real ugly and it could cascade across every league and every name someone is offended by.

I knew this was coming......
This is what happens when you allow things that will start a slippery slope
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #118
My Mamma Says

Would the name “Allskins” be offensive?? You know they are coming for the Chiefs next.. Hopefully having the new face of the NFL keeps them at bay for awhile..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #119
Fan since 1997

Renaming the team to Washington Generals would make the most sense but then I see there is a basketball team with the same name who exists only to play exhibition games against the Harlem Globetrotters.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #120
Fan since 1997

I was talking to a friend of mine who is very knowledgeable about the history of the NFL and who is no liberal by any means. He said that the term Redskin was used back in the day as a slur to refer to Indians similar to how the use of the N word refers to Blacks.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.