Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out

Well shit.

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Last edited by Dante84; 07-14-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #106
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Well that's a good point. I'll say this, I dunno if he has the stones to really hold out, 16 million is a lot more than he's made for his entire career at this point.
He's made $5 million so far. He did grow up in extreme poverty.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #107
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Has till July 15th to sign the tender.
I thought the window to sign the tender was essentially open-ended.

The parties have until July 15th to reach a multi-year agreement in LIEU of the tender.

That's how guys like Bell have been able to refuse to sign the tender until about week 9, then go ahead and sign it and secure a year towards UFA status.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #108
Supporter

Quote:
Players have limited earning time, I don't begrudge anyone for trying to get paid.
You don't maximize your career earnings by sitting out and leaving 16M on the table.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:57 AM   #109
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Jones has made about 5 mil in his career but is gonna sit out of 16 mil gtd?

I’m skeptical
If he is dumb enough to take advice from Leveon Bell who lost money doing this shit....
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #110
Hockey Town

Bell played on the tender 1 year. I don't blame him either for being pissed.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:23 AM   #111
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Jones is a valuable player and deserves to be paid equivalent to Deforrest Buckner, who is a slightly worse player the past 2 years.

That's a tough ask for the Chiefs, though, if the salary cap goes down in 2021 as is now expected/projected. If things had stayed on track, I don't think it's an issue to get Jones done and Mahomes done.

Tough spot for the player and the team. I respect Jones' willingness to do what is necessary to "get the bag" and won't ever blame a player for seeking to maximize his profits.

But it looks like a trade is inevitable at this point. The Lions, Eagles, and Washington all have huge amounts of cap space, and the Giants and Packers have enough to make a deal happen for this season.

If you can swing a trade to one of those squads and get a first or second-round pick in 2021 out of it, it makes sense to me. The team has to be willing to commit to paying him the moneys, though.

Washington already has pretty hefty investments along its DL with Young and Sweat, so not sure they'd step up with an offer. I could see Detroit or Philly taking a stab, and the Giants and Packers both would make a ton of sense and have a need.

I also still think the Jets are a good potential landing spot IF they can swing Jamal Adams' involvement. Even if there is no pick compensation involved, a Jones for Adams swap might make sense for both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #112
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Bell played on the tender 1 year. I don't blame him either for being pissed.
He also turned down a deal and sat a year and lost money over the deal he turned down, and went to a shittier team to boot.

He had a deal in place and lost money in the long run, there was no "win" in it.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 10:28 AM   #113
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

I'd love to keep him but he isn't in a position to demand anything from the Chiefs. We have Mahomes and a ton of other talent. Worse comes to worse we just trade him.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #114
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Jones is a valuable player and deserves to be paid equivalent to Deforrest Buckner, who is a slightly worse player the past 2 years.

That's a tough ask for the Chiefs, though, if the salary cap goes down in 2021 as is now expected/projected. If things had stayed on track, I don't think it's an issue to get Jones done and Mahomes done.

Tough spot for the player and the team. I respect Jones' willingness to do what is necessary to "get the bag" and won't ever blame a player for seeking to maximize his profits.

But it looks like a trade is inevitable at this point. The Lions, Eagles, and Washington all have huge amounts of cap space, and the Giants and Packers have enough to make a deal happen for this season.

If you can swing a trade to one of those squads and get a first or second-round pick in 2021 out of it, it makes sense to me. The team has to be willing to commit to paying him the moneys, though.

Washington already has pretty hefty investments along its DL with Young and Sweat, so not sure they'd step up with an offer. I could see Detroit or Philly taking a stab, and the Giants and Packers both would make a ton of sense and have a need.

I also still think the Jets are a good potential landing spot IF they can swing Jamal Adams' involvement. Even if there is no pick compensation involved, a Jones for Adams swap might make sense for both.
I don’t see any team trading for anyone due to the uncertain future of the season and the risk of a reduced cap in 2021..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #115
MVP

The Steelers offer trash contracts to all their players. I'm actually surprised more players don't hold out. They're guaranteed one year and they were gonna run Bell into the ground.

Bell ended up on a worse team and lost money holding out but did get a contract with guaranteed money in the end.

Running backs should have their own contract language, they're getting screwed and meanwhile the ones that do get huge contracts end up not living up to them. There has to be some middle ground. It should have been worked into the CBA
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 07-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #116
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

Are you suggesting they would trade him now or after the season? Because if they trade him now it makes zero sense why they wouldn't have done it before the draft when they could have gotten a 2020 pick to help them this year when they're trying to run it back. If they can somehow get him to play in 2020 and then tag and trade him in 2021 then that's fine, as his contribution this season will be important.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #117
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

If they have to take a 2nd when the 9ers were able to get a high 1st for a lesser player, that's a pretty shitty look for Veach.

They needed to have a better feel for how close they were on this one, IMO. I had identified the Colts as a great landing spot for him before the Buckner deal, though I preferred getting their 2 second rounders.

If the Chiefs weren't damn close to having a deal done, they really needed to outflank SF on that trade. Failing to do so will have significant long-term consequences for KC.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 11:07 AM   #118
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If they have to take a 2nd when the 9ers were able to get a high 1st for a lesser player, that's a pretty shitty look for Veach.

They needed to have a better feel for how close they were on this one, IMO. I had identified the Colts as a great landing spot for him before the Buckner deal, though I preferred getting their 2 second rounders.

If the Chiefs weren't damn close to having a deal done, they really needed to outflank SF on that trade. Failing to do so will have significant long-term consequences for KC.
I’m thinking that Veach thought he was going to have the money to pay Jones. Then the whole lesser salary cap shit hit because of COVID.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #119
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

More often than not DL disappear after they get their $$. As always this is a QB driven league. Chris will eventually get his $$ but IF he wants his cake($$) and be able to eat it(more SB rings) he would be wise to wait. IF not then I assure he will disappear with some other team after he gets his $$.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #120
Special Teams ACE!!!

I mean, if we're looking at getting max value out of Jones in a trade, I know of a team that would apparently rape their own grandmothers to get him.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/tafur-ra...n-free-agency/

I'm trying to find the link where they visited Raiders facilities this offseason and Gruden and Mayock were both like, "Look, we're not going to be secretive. We will move heaven and earth to get Chris Jones here if it's possible."

I know that's asking for trouble trading him to a division rival, but keep in mind that Andy Reid once traded his first-born QB to a division rival back when he was in Philly.

If the Raiders got desperate and offered a Frank Clark haul like a 2021 1st and a 2022 2nd? Without the 3rd round toss back we got in the deal? Man, that's tempting, especially since we still have Mahomes and they're still the ****ing Raiders
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Closed Thread