Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out

Well shit.

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Last edited by Dante84; 07-14-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:14 AM   #406
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Remember 3 months ago when I was posting the rumors that the Chiefs could take an OT in rd 1? I remember hearing that from 3 different media places including Nate Taylor who I trust.

Well...they decided to take Niang who has almost everything you want. That guy was a potential first rd pick who was pushed down bc of a very strong class and an injury.

Eric Fisher has been a solid LT. I think we all appreciate him after last year. However, he is not a core player. If I have to decide to keep Fisher or Jones, I’m keeping Jones.

This seems to have been planned long ago. I could see us getting Niang ready to take over in 2021 and trading him for a high draft pick (2nd?) while creating $11.5 million to pay Jones.
Why do people always want to move a player from the right to the left? Jiang is a ROL player. From what I have seen that is what he is at the core. In other words he is the replacement for Schwartz or LDT. It is not teasy nor does it happen often where a player is switched from right to left and has tremendous success which it would be for an OL to switch from ROL to LT and be better than Fisher is right now.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:17 AM   #407
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
They don't play the same position. Yes I know they're safeties but still.
I think it was RGR that broke down positional snaps for both. It was amazing how similar they are in that category and Adams stats are great. IIRC he had more snaps at NCB.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:28 PM   #408
In Search of a Life

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/...-franchise-tag

Get R Done!
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Redbled
This message has been deleted by Redbled. Reason: Copy
Old 07-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #409
In Search of a Life

I wonder Veech sees Jones as an important test case to show we're going to be the new Patriots. IE - draft picks need to know that if you want a giant second contract, after coming in as a draftee or vet, it's going to be elsewhere. If you're willing to stay on a perennial super bowl contender with a great coach on a team-friendly deal (like Watkins and Breeland just did), we're glad to have you.

If he blinks on Jones then it will be harder to sell that story in the future. But if we really hold the line and either Jones blinks, or he moves on - then rookies will know what to expect.

Maybe, how knows. But if so then it would mean this is more than just about Jones.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:38 PM   #410
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I wonder Veech sees Jones as an important test case to show we're going to be the new Patriots. IE - draft picks need to know that if you want a giant second contract, after coming in as a draftee or vet, it's going to be elsewhere. If you're willing to stay on a perennial super bowl contender with a great coach on a team-friendly deal (like Watkins and Breeland just did), we're glad to have you.

If he blinks on Jones then it will be harder to sell that story in the future. But if we really hold the line and either Jones blinks, or he moves on - then rookies will know what to expect.

Maybe, how knows. But if so then it would mean this is more than just about Jones.
I don't think it was the pre covid plan. If that was Veech's plan he would have dealt him prior to the draft. I honestly think Veech wants to sign him to a 4 year deal but is uncertain about the cap in the next 2 years

Keeping Jones on the tag is risky. If he plays on it, he probably will sit on any strain or sprain...
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 07-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #411
MVP

Quote:

That is such a debunked stupid theory. The Patriots paid their fair share of big contracts.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #412
__

He's live on Instagram right now.

Not much to report at this time. Just saying he's chilling in Miami, said at one point that he'll "love Chiefs Kingdom for life." Please don't read into that -- I promise there was nothing in him saying it, didn't say it as a farewell or as anything.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #413
__

Juan messaged in the livestream saying what's up.

Jones declares he'll be a Top 3 safety in the NFL in two years.

"He get to learn from Tyrann, that's a plus."
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #414
__

Makes a comment about "all this contract talk, man," you gotta appreciate this moment here, he says.

"We're Super Bowl champions, man. Took us years to get there. I deliver on all my promises."

Edit: That's all there is to report. He said like 100 things in the videos, mostly just shooting the shit about the music. He did say he wanted to shoot for 24 sacks in a season, but again, it did not come off like anything other than a dude just casually sitting in a chair might say, so do not read into that.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-11-2020, 10:23 PM   #415
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
That is such a debunked stupid theory. The Patriots paid their fair share of big contracts.
I'm just throwing ideas out there. You're the first person I've ever heard say that the theory the Pats don't shell out for big contracts is bunk.

What draft picks have they paid a blockbuster market-value second contract to other than Brady?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #416
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Makes a comment about "all this contract talk, man," you gotta appreciate this moment here, he says.

"We're Super Bowl champions, man. Took us years to get there. I deliver on all my promises."

Edit: That's all there is to report. He said like 100 things in the videos, mostly just shooting the shit about the music. He did say he wanted to shoot for 24 sacks in a season, but again, it did not come off like anything other than a dude just casually sitting in a chair might say, so do not read into that.
That would be epic.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:52 PM   #417
MVP

Quote:
I'm just throwing ideas out there. You're the first person I've ever heard say that the theory the Pats don't shell out for big contracts is bunk.

What draft picks have they paid a blockbuster market-value second contract to other than Brady?
Vince Wilfork
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:59 PM   #418
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:

Ty law
Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Vince Wilfork
Rob Gronkowski
Aaron Hernandez

They’ve also paid big bucks to

Stephen Gilmore
Darrell Revis
Aquib Talib
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-12-2020, 12:05 AM   #419
In Search of a Life

Ok fine. Can we say the Pats are known for being shrewd and not overpaying, and at least some of the time letting star players walk?

My point wasn't really about the Pats. It was about if for Veech, is this going to set the tone for if the Chiefs are willing to let a star player walk if they think his money demands are too high?

IE - maybe something we should have thought about with Hali, Houston, Berry, Bowe, LJ, etc. Although I think the complaint with Berry and Houston is more the length and structure and waiting too long.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:49 AM   #420
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
I don't think it was the pre covid plan. If that was Veech's plan he would have dealt him prior to the draft. I honestly think Veech wants to sign him to a 4 year deal but is uncertain about the cap in the next 2 years

Keeping Jones on the tag is risky. If he plays on it, he probably will sit on any strain or sprain...
It was already speculated before the draft that the cap could go down. There's no such thing as a pre-Covid and a post-Covid plan as far as contracts are concerned, assuming teams were paying attention and had the information at their disposal that media members did.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.

Closed Thread