Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #38446
Veteran

The last two weekends, I was in Hickory county with zero cases recorded. We drove to a fireworks house both weekends and bought fireworks. Most of the people that were in the place were wearing masks. Including me and my friends. The workers were wearing masks about 50% of the time.

I've been to the dentist, they checked my temperature and wore masks. I've been to the eye doctor, they checked my temperature and wore masks. My eye doctor even used her fingers to open my eyes and get a good look while I was dialated. I don't feel violated nor do I feel that my rights were infringed upon. I went into their place of business and complied with the rules in place.

Why is everyone making this some sort of major issue? What has happened to us, as Americans, who pride themselves on their freedoms, that we get so polarized and make this political when it's not a real big deal.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #38447
In Search of a Life

The most magical place on earth.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #38448
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Oh you think everyone is wearing them just because it's mandatory? They aren't. Particularly in the super poor and super rich areas.
Super rich must not be very smart according to the Fattys link.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:01 PM   #38449
Supporter

Quote:

No comment.
And now we go political....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #38450
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Interesting when things get boiled down to local.....No wonder this thing is such a threat when people are too obstinate and or down right stupid and refuse to do something so simple as wear a mask, distance and wash your damn hands.....

Cass County COVID update - since our "leaders" are making us find it out on our own:
1. Texas Roadhouse in Belton closed today by Health Dept.
2. Harrisonville Sonic closed till Tuesday by Health Dept.
3. 4th of July kegger near Garden City was a superspreader event and they are trying to find people who were there
4. Harrisonville Schools shut down ALL summer activities for 14 days beginning Monday - multiple students and staff ill
5. Ditto for Pleasant Hill.
6. Casey's on W. Mechanic in Harrisonville has been closed twice in the last 10 days for deep cleaning due to employee COVID infections.
WEAR THE DAMN MASKS!
We have a small outbreak here in Clinton from a bunch of kids weight lifting at the high school. There is also a couple of ff restaurants that had staff just come back positive but at this point they aren’t shutting down.

We had like 10 cases for the first couple of months but we had 8-10 just today that was announced.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #38451
Please squeeze

I read a story today that Florida has had over 17k kids test positive for Covid. Yes kids probably statistically don’t suffer the worst parts of covid but those numbers tell me they get it and transmit just like adults

So I really don’t understand how in person school is going to happen because all it will take is 1 and it will spread like wild fire. Then they will have to shutdown the school for a period of time.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #38452
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I read a story today that Florida has had over 17k kids test positive for Covid. Yes kids probably statistically don’t suffer the worst parts of covid but those numbers tell me they get it and transmit just like adults

So I really don’t understand how in person school is going to happen because all it will take is 1 and it will spread like wild fire. Then they will have to shutdown the school for a period of time.
I think there will be some smaller and more rural areas of the country that will open and not have many problems.

But cities like New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, San Fran and others will have major issues if they try to open in the Fall and we'll see even more cases than we're seeing now, which are mostly due to states opening up in the past few weeks.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #38453
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think there will be some smaller and more rural areas of the country that will open and not have many problems.

But cities like New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, San Fran and others will have major issues if they try to open in the Fall and we'll see even more cases than we're seeing now, which are mostly due to states opening up in the past few weeks.
Does anyone know if Europe has opened schools?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #38454
MVP

Quote:
Well see, my opinion is that mask usage isn't political.

Or at least it shouldn't be. Case in point is the image in that tweet.
Lol yeah masks aren't political, but you know what/who is? Donald Trump.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #38455
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Here's a nice scoreboard of vaccines in development.

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure that I trust a Chinese-developed vaccine. I'm hoping one of the American or European countries gets there first.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...e-to-a-vaccine
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #38456
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Does anyone know if Europe has opened schools?
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...or-most-312595

There’s some good news for countries just beginning to reopen schools.

Their European counterparts — such as Denmark, Austria and Germany — that began sending children back to classrooms in April and early May, haven’t seen significant increases in new cases. And experts are cautiously optimistic that sending children back to school may be relatively safe.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/09/europ...ntl/index.html

There is some stuff in that cnn link that goes along with the first but that is probably to political for this thread or the Lounge.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:09 PM   #38457
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
And now we go political....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Oh no no no! Not political. Just look at this explanation!

Quote:
Well see, my opinion is that mask usage isn't political.

Or at least it shouldn't be. Case in point is the image in that tweet.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #38458
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Here's a nice scoreboard of vaccines in development.

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure that I trust a Chinese-developed vaccine. I'm hoping one of the American or European countries gets there first.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...e-to-a-vaccine
Chinese created this mess!
Chinese end this mess!
Old 07-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #38459
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Chinese created this mess!
Chinese end this mess!
I liked it better when they only made rice and babies.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #38460
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

Giant high schools where you have a different group of students for every subject doesn't look viable. But many grade schools are about the same size even in cities . I think districts should try and find out how many parents want to send their kids to in person schools and how many teachers want to teach in person. Young teachers may be more willing. Older teachers and/or ones with health issues might want to stick to online only.

And for kids going online the entire year the teachers wouldn't even have to be local.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.