Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-25-2017, 09:53 PM  
I’m a Mahomo!

Netflix: Ozark

Can't to watch a show set in my neck of the woods.

http://www.lakeexpo.com/news/lake_ne...39173aed7.html

Premieres July 21st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #76
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I disagree with this and think his acting in Ozarks is very good and feels very real.
Agreed. It's a very nuanced part he's playing. And he did it well IMO.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:46 AM   #77
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I gotta say, as much as I appreciate that he's a KC fan and brings attention to the Chiefs/Royals, Jason Bateman is a terrible actor.
I think you're thinking of the wrong person. Are you thinking of Jason Sudekis? He's the KC fan.
Posted via Mobile Device
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:04 AM   #78
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I think you're thinking of the wrong person. Are you thinking of Jason Sudekis? He's the KC fan.
Posted via Mobile Device
Probably. But I could have sworn Bateman was too.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #79
Mammoth penis

He has no emotion in his acting at all, no believable emotion anyway.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #80
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Definitely. Sudekis is terrible IMO. And yes, he's tied to KC sports.

I don't think Bateman is tied to KC at all.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #81
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Sudekis is terrible IMO.
I think he's good when he's playing the sarcastic dick like in Horrible Bosses and We're the Millers. But I don't think I've seen him in anything else though.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #82
In Search of a Life

Finally started watching this. We only have a couple of episodes left.

It's good. People who say it's as good as Breaking Bad are insane. It also feels really derivative of Breaking Bad to me, as far as the anti-hero (though Walt was far more bumbling at times).

The main gripe I have with the story right now... and I know I should just be happy with willing suspension of disbelief, but domestically making heroin like that would be pretty much impossible. I get that they would probably have made it marijuana 10 years ago when marijuana was still actually considered much of an illicit drug and they didn't want to make it meth because that's overdone and would lend itself to BB comparisons even worse... but the poppy thing just isn't feasible. I actually went and researched it because it piqued my curiosity, and basically you can get a few grams of heroin from an acre of poppy plants. A single junky can shoot a few grams in a day, easily. That's why opium production pretty much only happens in countries where the government is complicit in the production. It requires entire gigantic plantations on an industrial scale to produce enough for actual profitability.

Last edited by NewChief; 09-08-2017 at 10:29 AM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #83
You Sweetie!

It's good - I wonder why they used Georgia to film it in vs Missouri? Seems odd - why not keep it as close to Ozarks as possible..? Too remote, maybe?
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #84
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
It's good - I wonder why they used Georgia to film it in vs Missouri? Seems odd - why not keep it as close to Ozarks as possible..? Too remote, maybe?

Tax incentives. Georgia is more friendly to production companies than Missouri.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #85
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

is this show good and popular around the entire country, or is a thread only made on this message board because of locality
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:05 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Tax incentives. Georgia is more friendly to production companies than Missouri.
Ding ding ding. They wanted to shoot in the grand glaze arm. They went and did pre filming scouting and figured out that Missouri will not give pretty much free range for production companies to set up for no cost whatsoever. It's the same reason Walking Dead still shoots in Georgia and not Virginia/Maryland now.

Not to mention there is absolutely no reason to give tax incentives to a show that will not give the local populace a favorable image. They kinda shit on the locals with the narrative of the show. Most people who live on the Ozarks are definitely not the bumbling dumbasses they portray.They are well off retirees.

Other than that the show was fantastic. Loved it. I think it'll get better on seasons 2 & 3.
JoeMontanya is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #87
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
is this show good and popular around the entire country, or is a thread only made on this message board because of locality
It's popular around the country. I have friends on the east coast, with no ties to anything Midwest, who really like it. Has gotten some decent national press on other message boards/forums.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:34 AM   #88
Banned

Great show. It's like a baby breaking bad.. not even close to breaking bad detail but it has that looming curiosity and crazy plot twists. I think Bateman is playing your stereotypical analytical guy with little emotion almost high functioning rainman lol.
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:07 PM   #89
Happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
Finally started watching this. We only have a couple of episodes left.

It also feels really derivative of Breaking Bad to me, as far as the anti-hero (though Walt was far more bumbling at times).
Yeah, I think so too. It is really good though. Just started it last weekend on a recommendation by someone. One more episode to go.

Then have to wait. I hate waiting. I shoulda' waited longer and binged it.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #90
Happy Easter!

Quote:
It's popular around the country. I have friends on the east coast, with no ties to anything Midwest, who really like it. Has gotten some decent national press on other message boards/forums.
It was recommended to me by a Mid Westerner with family in Springfield MO.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.