Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #106
Veteran

no personal experience but have heard good things about them.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #107
In my youth i pray to keep

I picked up a mini 14 a few weeks ago. Still yet to shoot to shoot it.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #108
Supporter

Spikes lowers are fine.

Hell, just about every lower I have touched is fine. Palmetto's $49 blems are fine.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #109
Certified Bourbon taster

More sub $800 AKs http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-4...47-rifles.html I bought my Saiga from these guys, no complaints
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #110
All about that Paper Boi

AKs for $500? Is that real?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #111
The Constitutional Choo choo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I picked up a mini 14 a few weeks ago. Still yet to shoot to shoot it.
Nice. New model or older pencil barrel model? You should buy 1911 Shok-buff recoil buffers. Lil rubber shim that goes on both ends of the operating rod. This will keep the OP rod from slamming against the receiver and putting unwanted wear on the rifle.
Perfect Union.com is a message board geared towards the Mini 14 and Garand action type weapons. Lots of tipa and tricks that will improve the Mini's MOA = accuracy.
Any questions PM me. Trigger jobs are easy
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #112
Where is your will to be weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan View Post
More sub $800 AKs http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-4...47-rifles.html I bought my Saiga from these guys, no complaints
I have read good things about the Saiga models.
Man I had no idea there were so many different makes of AK's.
I like the all black magpul look.

Got any pics of your Saiga? I'd like to see it.
dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dred has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #113
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
Nice. New model or older pencil barrel model? You should buy 1911 Shok-buff recoil buffers. Lil rubber shim that goes on both ends of the operating rod. This will keep the OP rod from slamming against the receiver and putting unwanted wear on the rifle.
Perfect Union.com is a message board geared towards the Mini 14 and Garand action type weapons. Lots of tipa and tricks that will improve the Mini's MOA = accuracy.
Any questions PM me. Trigger jobs are easy
According to the serial number it was made around 2006, it's a stainless version with a folding stock. It also came with 8 mags. 3 30's, 3 20's and two 5's.

I traded a Springfield 1911 with 200 rounds of Winchester white box fmj
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #114
Veteran

Just picked up the Springfield XD9 Mod2 9mm this weekend. It is a nice compact for concealment. I plan on getting my CCW soon.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-mod-2-series/
kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kchero has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:36 PM   #115
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchero View Post
Just picked up the Springfield XD9 Mod2 9mm this weekend. It is a nice compact for concealment. I plan on getting my CCW soon.

Excellent.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #116
Supporter

I am going to post as many Black Friday deals as I find. For anyone interested, I know that SWFA and Palmetto usually have AWESOME deals.

If anyone needs a nice scope for cheap, SWFA will release another fixed 10x with a nice, new reticle on 11/27. It's only going to be $269, which is criminally cheap for the quality.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #117
Supporter

I am looking to get a few Giessle 2 stage triggers, so if anyone sees a sale, please let me know.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #118
Certified Bourbon taster

Got any pics of your Saiga? I'd like to see it.

I'm sorry - I'm no photographer. It's a 'stock' model in .223, I was thinking about tarting it up w/AK47 stock/grip, etc...but I just never had the heart. I like it as is. They look like this, for those interested (someone else's photo).
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #119
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dred View Post
Would like to get some thoughts and opinions on the Century Arms C39 V2.
I am considering getting one as my first AK.
The fact that it's a milled receiver and made in 'merica has my interest.
Not really thrilled about "Century Arms" reputation itself, so I am proceeding with caution.

Are there any better AK platforms I should be looking at for $800?

AK 47 deals:

First one is the one in your pic.....$599

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...e&groupid=5613

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CRI2250N
Old 11-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #120
Roy E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchero View Post

If you bought it brand new, don't forget that Springfield has a special promo going on. You get 2 extra mags, a double mag pouch, and a pistol bag for free with any new pistol purchased through the end of the year.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.