Old 08-27-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I would.

But maybe they don't want to pay hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
If we're planning on paying Tyreek and Jones how in the hell would we afford Clowney?
We can't, which is why the whole talk about is dumb as ****
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:32 PM   #3
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
If we're planning on paying Tyreek and Jones how in the hell would we afford Clowney?
I’m still of the opinion that in 4 years, every single deal signed this year will be a massive bargain. The new CBA is going to bring a huge amount of new $ into the pool.

Gambling $
Possible expansion
Entering the LA and Vegas markets
18 game schedule

For reference, look at deals signed 4 years ago as opposed to now...then add in the multipliers I mentioned.

Guys like Clowney and Jones will be getting over 30m per year averages 4 years from now.

The cap isn’t even 200m right now. There’s talk about it hitting 300m in 4-5 years. Maybe more.

I’d much rather target an elite corner than another DL, though...even though I’m a big fan of Clowneys.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
SuperBowl or bust

Clowney
Nnadi
Jones
Clark

That’s pressure all day without blitzing.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #5
Consuming CP souls

This place has gone full simple Jack...wow
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:48 PM   #6
Consuming CP souls

You think??
Old 08-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

What’s the trade, if it’s us?

A 2nd?
3rd + a fringe Olineman to keep Deshaun safe?
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #8
Consuming CP souls

Clark was such a better acquisition.but this board likes bitching we didn't get a guy they got in their Madden off season, so here we are.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Clark was such a better acquisition.but this board likes bitching we didn't get a guy they got in their Madden off season, so here we are.
Infinitely better.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #10
The man you could post like.

Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:46 AM   #11
Veteran

I don't really mind the Clark trade. The best thing to do for the long term would have clearly been to take a free agent like Trey Flowers, get a little less production but keep the 1st round pick, but it's not like the Clark trade was bad business, just not maximum efficiency.

I don't think anyone can argue that Clark can be better than Flowers, Byron Murphy plus the 64th pick in the 2020 draft.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
I don't really mind the Clark trade. The best thing to do for the long term would have clearly been to take a free agent like Trey Flowers, get a little less production but keep the 1st round pick, but it's not like the Clark trade was bad business, just not maximum efficiency.

I don't think anyone can argue that Clark can be better than Flowers, Byron Murphy plus the 64th pick in the 2020 draft.
Like I said - there's a clear path to this being a HR trade for Veach. Yes, if Clark gives us 14 sacks, steady pressures and good run defense and is critical in a run to the Super Bowl, it's hard to say I'd rather have Flowers and the pick because even if that's better long-term, the SB appearance would wash away any sins.

I'm just saying this wasn't the only way to go and as such, the desire to grade Veach on a curve here is strange to me. This is a BIG TIME decision he made. Over the recent history of this franchise, this is probably the 2nd most 'capital' committed to the acquisition/retention of a single player. It's the financial outlay to Houston combined with draft capital that we didn't have to give for Houston. It's more than the financial outlay and draft capital for Cassel. Am I missing a time the team has committed this kind of money and draft picks to a single player?

Apart from Patrick Mahomes and his career arc here, has there been a bigger swing and a bigger commitment made by this franchise for a player since...****...Derrick Thomas?

Frank Clark isn't just a quaint novelty we've added to this team and as such Veach shouldn't be graded as such. This trade needs to be viewed as it is - one of the 5-10 most important decisions made by this squad in maybe 50 years. When you look at the draft capital and financial commitment, I struggle to find much else on par with it.

He needs to be !@#$ing great for this trade to truly be an 'A' trade. A slightly better Trey Flowers cannot be seen as a success. He needs to have the impact Justin Houston had on this team at his peak.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Like I said - there's a clear path to this being a HR trade for Veach. Yes, if Clark gives us 14 sacks, steady pressures and good run defense and is critical in a run to the Super Bowl, it's hard to say I'd rather have Flowers and the pick because even if that's better long-term, the SB appearance would wash away any sins.
I'm sort of playing the hindsight game, because I know in retrospect both Greedy and Murphy were available at 29, but I think Flowers and Murphy together increases the chance of a SB appearance more than Clark on his own.

Maybe the Chiefs would have taken Thornhill in the 1st if they had the pick still, and then picked some garbage long term DE project in the 2nd with the Thornhill pick, in which case I guess I'll take Clark.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-28-2019, 02:27 PM   #14
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
I'm sort of playing the hindsight game, because I know in retrospect both Greedy and Murphy were available at 29, but I think Flowers and Murphy together increases the chance of a SB appearance more than Clark on his own.

Maybe the Chiefs would have taken Thornhill in the 1st if they had the pick still, and then picked some garbage long term DE project in the 2nd with the Thornhill pick, in which case I guess I'll take Clark.
The unknown here is what did Andy/Spags say they needed. It may well be that as far as roster talent you are correct.
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:18 AM   #15
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Burn?

I guess the distinction is that you don't know my mother. I know you pay women to **** you.

Carry on, sweetheart.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.