Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 01:53 PM  
Live free or die hard

Shooting at the parade

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-16-2024 at 02:59 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:22 PM   #1486
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
So perhaps what many of us assumed was automatic fire might have just been two people shooting pistols at each simultaneously, and in fact there may not have been any fully automatic weapons involved at all.

That does make more sense. And if most of the wounding, fired shots were from 9mm pistols, it would also explain why there were a shit ton more injuries and only one death.
No. The clips with audio clearly illustrate automatic weapon fire.

The shooting lasts only a couple seconds, and 20+ people were hit. That isn’t possible with 2 guys firing semi automatic pistols at one another for 3-4 seconds.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:27 PM   #1487
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post

The shooting lasts only a couple seconds, and 20+ people were hit. That isn’t possible with 2 guys firing semi automatic pistols at one another for 3-4 seconds.
Could the Taurus G3 9mm handgun be modified for full-auto? Is this gun known by a more common name or is it a knockoff of a more common make?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:31 PM   #1488
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post

Well, when it comes to full auto fire, I'm certainly no expert. I fired a couple of short bursts from a deck-mounted .50 when I was in the Navy, and that was decades ago. I've never fired a full auto rifle or seen one fired in person. I have, however, fired semi-auto weapons rapidly, and been around others who could do it much faster than I could. If you've got three or four panicky assclowns blasting away at each other quickly, I don't think it's unreasonable that the sound could be similar.

But again, I really wouldn't know.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 10:32 PM   #1489
Just a li'l Evel

Yo, gun dudes, seems to me a regular handgun modded to full auto would be woefully inaccurate. Yeah? Plus, what's the max clip on a 9mm? 15? So, like .5 seconds?
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:36 PM   #1490
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Yo, gun dudes, seems to me a regular handgun modded to full auto would be woefully inaccurate. Yeah? Plus, what's the max clip on a 9mm? 15? So, like .5 seconds?
There was one witness report that one of the shooters was spinning around in a circle. Seems like maybe an auto-fire pistol could do that if you're not bracing yourself properly.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:37 PM   #1491
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Yeah, it would be, unless you're really, really skilled in it's use. I seriously doubt these punks ever spent much time practicing at the local range.

As for magazines (not clips), a standard mag for a Glock 19 holds 15 rounds, but you can get much higher capacity mags than that. They'll just stick out of the bottom of the grip. IIRC the biggest one I've ever seen held 33 rounds.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:38 PM   #1492
In Search of a Life

Yeah where would these kids practice? Can't take an automatic pistol to the range. I guess a vacant lot, but very sporadically. Can't stick around long.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:38 PM   #1493
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
There was one witness report that one of the shooters was spinning around in a circle. Seems like maybe an auto-fire pistol could do that if you're not bracing yourself properly.
Especially if you think you're Boyz N Da Hood and hold the gun sideways.

So, if it was a Glock 18 with the modded switch would fire 20 rounds per second and the max extended mag is 33 rounds. O_O

But. Think the earlier eyewitness said the one guy shot the gun through his backpack with it still in the backpack. I think that's the AR from one of the youths still waiting to be charged.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:39 PM   #1494
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, it would be, unless you're really, really skilled in it's use. I seriously doubt these punks ever spent much time practicing at the local range.

As for magazines (not clips), a standard mag for a Glock 19 holds 15 rounds, but you can get much higher capacity mags than that. They'll just stick out of the bottom of the grip. IIRC the biggest one I've ever seen held 33 rounds.
50rd drums available

https://www.glockstore.com/50rd-Drum-Mag-for-Glocks
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:42 PM   #1495
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
They're not terribly concealable, though.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:45 PM   #1496
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Especially if you think you're Boyz N Da Hood and hold the gun sideways.

So, if it was a Glock 18 with the modded switch would fire 20 rounds per second and the max extended mag is 33 rounds. O_O

But. Think the earlier eyewitness said the one guy shot the gun through his backpack with it still in the backpack. I think that's the AR from one of the youths still waiting to be charged.
The biggest problem you're going to have with something like that is muzzle rise; each following shot will go higher and higher. That happens if you rapid fire a semi-auto pistol as well. It would be an especially serious issue for a novice shooter. Again, it's not like these morons practice a lot or have any real training.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:45 PM   #1497
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere. Even if it has, I think it's pretty cool. Lisa Lopez-Galvan was wearing a Butker jersey when she was killed. Her family wanted her to be buried in one. Butker himself heard about it and send a jersey to her family. Pretty classy.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...cker-delivered
I have a relative that’s met Butker several times and says he’s the nicest guy imaginable. I’m not surprised he’s doing something nice for the family.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:46 PM   #1498
MVP

Quote:
I haven't heard any audio that actually sounds like a full auto weapon. It all just sounds like overlapping pistol fire to me. If one of them was modified, we'll eventually hear about because it'll be on the list of additional charges.

Based on the extended mag on the weapons in the backpack, I assume they would have had a drum for their pistol if they had one that was actually an auto.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:47 PM   #1499
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
I haven't heard any audio that actually sounds like a full auto weapon. It all just sounds like overlapping pistol fire to me. If one of them was modified, we'll eventually hear about because it'll be on the list of additional charges.

Based on the extended mag on the weapons in the backpack, I assume they would have had a drum for their pistol if they had one that was actually an auto.
In the photo, it looked like that AR pistol had a 40 round mag.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:51 PM   #1500
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post

So this sounds like overlapping pistol fire to you? If so, does it sound like more than two guns?

This sounds pretty close imo.