Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #5146
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
As i transition from a kid to an adult and father im wanting a different things from my car. It's a 67 chevy II with 496 and th400 with a manual valve body. I'm currently shopping the Holley Xflow kit for an efi conversion and searching for a 4l80e to make the overdrive conversion. All that said has anyone used the holley or similar efi systems? I've researched holley extensively and the xflow feels like the fit for me. All calculations lead me to an estimated 655 hp and all the other units are rated for 650hp or a lot more. The Xflow seems to be a happy medium.
I have a Fitech EFI on my 65' Chevy II with a 434CI SBC. You will get mixed reviews if you search online but 95% of issues are user/installer related. Fitech systems (they have different options) can handle up to 1200HP with the proper fuel system.

Seems all of the off the shelf EFI has their plusses and minuses. One thing I would make sure of is you can get one that you can turn off the self learning feature at some point as they tend to hit a top of the learning curve and go off the back end basically detuning. I'm taking my car to get dyno tuned and have them turn off the self learn mode.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:00 AM   #5147
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I have a Fitech EFI on my 65' Chevy II with a 434CI SBC. You will get mixed reviews if you search online but 95% of issues are user/installer related. Fitech systems (they have different options) can handle up to 1200HP with the proper fuel system.

Seems all of the off the shelf EFI has their plusses and minuses. One thing I would make sure of is you can get one that you can turn off the self learning feature at some point as they tend to hit a top of the learning curve and go off the back end basically detuning. I'm taking my car to get dyno tuned and have them turn off the self learn mode.
I actually know the owner of Fi-tech. He used one of his early systems on one of our Mustangs over a decade ago. Came to our shop to install it. Turbo charged 392. Back then it was "RetroTek". Then he sold that and it became "Powerjection". He restarted again and it became Fi-Tech.

When it comes to these sorts of systems my advice would be to still have it tuned by a professional tuner. I know they're suppose to be self learning etc, but we always found best results by getting it tuned.

And it's not just Fi-Tech, it's any of those throttle body EFI kits really. People have mixed reviews on all of them, not just Fi-Tech.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:01 AM   #5148
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAdragon View Post
Car looks good, you have pics of it clean and outside?
Lol yes. Did you find my post?

I just added some others but it’s not letting me move them to the front of the post on Facebook from my phone.

Also if someone says I’ll pay you $1k less because I hate the wheels, I’ll take it.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:09 AM   #5149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
As i transition from a kid to an adult and father im wanting a different things from my car. It's a 67 chevy II with 496 and th400 with a manual valve body. I'm currently shopping the Holley Xflow kit for an efi conversion and searching for a 4l80e to make the overdrive conversion. All that said has anyone used the holley or similar efi systems? I've researched holley extensively and the xflow feels like the fit for me. All calculations lead me to an estimated 655 hp and all the other units are rated for 650hp or a lot more. The Xflow seems to be a happy medium.
Just know that with any of these EFI kits, it'll need a tune. They advertise that it works great out of the box, and that's why they get mixed reviews. Because it doesn't. You're effectively building a custom car, so "works right out the box" is kinda bullshit to begin with because every car is different.

I am a Holley dealer. Just understand that Holley tech service is atrocious. It's really ****ing bad, man.

They're too big. They're so busy buying everyone out, but they haven't improved at all on the customer service side. It's like they haven't grown their team, despite buying out all these brands. So when you call expect a long hold. And don't expect top notch service. They're regarded pretty horribly by those who deal with them regularly.

I have a customer who NEVER got his Sniper EFI system issue resolved. Which included them sending a bad part twice. Luckily he didn't buy it from me so i didn't deal with it, but still, sucks for him.

I probably shouldn't be saying that since im a dealer, but as a fellow CPer, you should know.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #5150
Someone pass the antifreeze

Hey Detoxing, I’m running a Holley dominator on a twin plug air cooled 3.6 and can NOT get the second set of plugs to fire. Any ideas?
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:12 AM   #5151
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Hey Detoxing, I’m running a Holley dominator on a twin plug air cooled 3.6 and can NOT get the second set of plugs to fire. Any ideas?

Let's start at the beginning. Did you try connecting the wire to the plugs?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:17 AM   #5152

Quote:
I'll ask one of my guys and let you know.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:17 AM   #5153

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Let's start at the beginning. Did you try connecting the wire to the plugs?
It’s a Bluetooth wasted spark setup.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #5154
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
It’s a Bluetooth wasted spark setup.

Wow, I didn't know there was such a thing. That's pretty cool.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:28 AM   #5155

Quote:
Bluetooth every ****ing thing these days.

I sell a pretty dope blue tooth distributor that allows you to adjust timing in real time, and has an integrated ignition kill switch. Connect your phone, type in a 4-digit code and boom, ignition disabled.

These aftermarket A/C manufactures integrate bluetooth now too. You can set the temp and manage onboard diagnostics, such as pressure, leaks, open flaps etc via your phone.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:23 AM   #5156

Quote:
Totally messing with you.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #5157
Supporter

Quote:
I found the problem.

I’m not brave enough to run anything aircooled. Hell I wish the Honda’s on my transfer pumps were water cooled. I mean the goddamned seal on the pump is water cooled.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #5158
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Bluetooth every ****ing thing these days.

I sell a pretty dope blue tooth distributor that allows you to adjust timing in real time, and has an integrated ignition kill switch. Connect your phone, type in a 4-digit code and boom, ignition disabled.

These aftermarket A/C manufactures integrate bluetooth now too. You can set the temp and manage onboard diagnostics, such as pressure, leaks, open flaps etc via your phone.
You may have already seen these they been around a while but my car has an Infinity Box smart wiring harness. I can log in and arm it and it shuts off the fuel pump and ignition etc... https://www.infinitybox.com/

There are no direct connections between the start button and the starter/fuel pump etc...its all communications. Its basically hotwire proof. Pretty much the only way to steal my car is to use a wrecker which of course could still happen.

I suppose you could bring a spool of wire and do a lot of wiring work but that would be time consuming.

Was a bitch to integrate with some other stuff the car has since all inputs to the harness are ground inputs rather than hot.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #5159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I found the problem.

I’m not brave enough to run anything aircooled. Hell I wish the Honda’s on my transfer pumps were water cooled. I mean the goddamned seal on the pump is water cooled.
Brother Im right there with you. These thing make shit power, leak like there’s no tomorrow and are ridiculous expensive. I’m just not intelligent enough to say no more.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #5160
Supporter

Quote:
Brother Im right there with you. These thing make shit power, leak like there’s no tomorrow and are ridiculous expensive. I’m just not intelligent enough to say no more.

Fair enough. What’s it on?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.