Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #5101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Alternator.

Takes way more power to turn the engine with a starter than it does to make a tiny little spark.

If it wouldn’t even click I’d start with the battery. But it’s probably alternator. AutoZone type stores should be able to test both.
Thanks, dude. It was clicking. Batteries don't last long out here and, like wiper blades and motor mounts, they get destroyed and need to be replace all the time.

So I considered that and was hopeful it would be that easy. She's not worth wrench time.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #5102
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Thanks, dude. It was clicking. Batteries don't last long out here and, like wiper blades and motor mounts, they get destroyed and need to be replace all the time.

So I considered that and was hopeful it would be that easy. She's not worth wrench time.
LOL. If she’s not worth the wrench then have her take it to a shop LOL. But if there was a click it’s the alternator.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:30 PM   #5103
Supporter

My wife picked up a 21 AMG GLE 63 S this weekend. First MB for us. She was coming from a 21 Aviator. Pretty cool ride.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:07 PM   #5104
Banned

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:06 AM   #5105
It was not a fair catch

This is the car I bought for my wife
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-volkswagen-beetle-convertible-1-8t-w-premium.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	122859  
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:05 AM   #5106
Mod Team

I need to change my coolant as it’s been 5 years, even though it hasn’t been many miles, correct?

I’m going to flush it myself. Should I just use distilled water or should I also add one of those coolant flush additives that claim to clean the system?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:35 AM   #5107
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I need to change my coolant as it’s been 5 years, even though it hasn’t been many miles, correct?

I’m going to flush it myself. Should I just use distilled water or should I also add one of those coolant flush additives that claim to clean the system?
Honestly I’ve never done it.

And you should only flush with fluid. It takes a mountain of it but, but invariably you’ll leave some water in there and it will dilute your coolant. You can probably get there if you use straight and circulate it and check it enough. But who does that when 50/50 exists?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:51 AM   #5108
Veteran

Quote:

And you should only flush with fluid. It takes a mountain of it but, but invariably you’ll leave some water in there and it will dilute your coolant. You can probably get there if you use straight and circulate it and check it enough. But who does that when 50/50 exists?
Agree. It takes a lot of fluid but is easy if you are patient. Good, cheap insurance against issues later. Make sure you use a coolant grade consistent with manufacture’s recommendation. The power flushed done with equipment is riskier IMO if your radiator is older so I like just the idea of drain, fill, circulate, repeat more.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:03 AM   #5109
Mod Team

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
Agree. It takes a lot of fluid but is easy if you are patient. Good, cheap insurance against issues later. Make sure you use a coolant grade consistent with manufacture’s recommendation. The power flushed done with equipment is riskier IMO if your radiator is older so I like just the idea of drain, fill, circulate, repeat more.
So drain. Fill with distilled water, run car and crank heater. Repeat a few times with just water. Finally add my 4G of correct coolant back in.

Right?

https://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:24 AM   #5110
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Took the Elco to the Lake for the wifeys 50th
That pic is too dark to show off how cool of a car that is.You did a helluva job on that restore.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:35 AM   #5111
I got Rice cookin in the micro

my eighty four monte
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	193488818_179306297450673_8351613068868509360_n.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	122900  
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:01 AM   #5112
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
So drain. Fill with distilled water, run car and crank heater. Repeat a few times with just water. Finally add my 4G of correct coolant back in.

Right?

https://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
It depends on how cheap you are. If it’s me:

I drain it
Fill with 50/50
Run it. You have to get it hot enough to open the thermostat and circulate the coolant.
Drain it.
Fill with 50/50.

If you use water you have to be kind of careful, because water boils at a lower temperature than coolant and you don’t want pressure. Moreover there is no chance that you will get all the water out. None. So then you have to mix your own and get it a little strong to account for how much is hanging around in there after you’ve drained it. Then you have to test, run, test and maybe drain some out and try again. And if you mix it too hot it won’t perform well and blah blah blah.

I’ve had irrigation motors that I’ve drained everything, opened all the petcocks turned it upside down the whole bit. Then I go to working on it and I get antifreeze everywhere. And that’s the motor by itself. It’ll hang out in the reservoir, radiator, heater core, everywhere. So you’re signing on for a lot of work to get it back right if you use water.

And Like I said we have some pretty old antifreeze hanging around in places. I know you have to shed more heat than we do, but we also plug radiators with shit, so maybe not.

Especially if it’s not a DD I wouldn’t. Check it in the reservoir. If it’s not discolored or cloudy I’d roll it. Eventually something will go wrong with something somewhere and you’ll have to drain it.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:16 AM   #5113
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
That pic is too dark to show off how cool of a car that is.You did a helluva job on that restore.
Thanks Dougie!

I just got my seats back from the upholsterer, so my interior is finally finished.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:17 AM   #5114
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
my eighty four monte
Gbody!

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:36 AM   #5115
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
my eighty four monte
I’m not sure I’ve seen one in the wild that the vinyl wasn’t cracked on the back of the cab.

Beautiful color.