Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2023, 01:00 PM  
Hockey Town

So what podcasts do you guys enjoy?

Pretty much anything welcome here not just Chiefs or sports but that's welcome too..just looking for maybe some new things to check out.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:04 PM   #2
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Pretty much anything welcome here not just Chiefs or sports but that's welcome too..just looking for maybe some new things to check out.
behind the bastards
last podcast on the left
hardcore history (dan carlin)
new heights (kelce bros)
the dollop
the history of rome

there's a ton of good ones out there
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:05 PM   #3
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post
behind the bastards
last podcast on the left
new heights (kelce bros)
the dollop
the history of rome

Behind the Bastards is one of my favorites, nice to see someone else likes that one.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:15 PM   #4
Supporter

As far as sports go I pretty much just listen to Russillo. I listen to Bill Simmons during football. The betting anguish with Cousin Sal is fun.

I have a pissload in my feed, but don't listen to all of them religiously.

The ones I listen to when they drop:

Russillo
Hardcore History
Prof G Pod
The Watch
Freakonomics
Rewatchables (if I've seen the movie)
History Analyzed
New Heights (All though I haven't listened much since the season got over)
Martyr Made
Jocko Unraveling

Ones I listen to regularly if I like the content
Pivot
Bill Simmons
Prestige TV podcast
Money Talks
Behind the Bastards
Planet Money
No Stupid Questions
People I Mostly Admire
Our Fake History
Rogan
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 01:16 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post
behind the bastards
last podcast on the left
new heights (kelce bros)
the dollop
the history of rome

If you like the History of Rome, there is a History of Byzantium, which is pretty much an extension.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 01:16 PM   #6

The Fantasy Footballers
Timesuck w/ Dan Cummins - Comedian does deep-dive on random topics - history, conspiracy theories, cults, serial killers, etc.
The Church of Lazlo - Afternoon show on 96.5 in KC, good comedy
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 01:17 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Behind the Bastards is one of my favorites, nice to see someone else likes that one.
One of my super liberal friends turned me onto it.

I'd listen to it more but I literally can't stand when Sophie speaks. Good lord she's insufferable.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:18 PM   #8
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Fantasy Footballers
Timesuck w/ Dan Cummins
The Church of Lazlo
TimeSuck is awesome. I’ve seen Dan multiple times live and he’s great.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 01:19 PM   #9
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
One of my super liberal friends turned me onto it.

I'd listen to it more but I literally can't stand when Sophie speaks. Good lord she's insufferable.
That podcast can be a little much if you listen to a bunch of it in a row just because some of the topics are so heavy.

There's a few I find hilarious though like the amusment park in new jersey one is funny as ****...and the Bill Gates one is funny as hell when they go off about his little child hood friend carrying a briefcase.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:23 PM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
That podcast can be a little much if you listen to a bunch of it in a row just because some of the topics are so heavy.

There's a few I find hilarious though like the amusment park in new jersey one is funny as ****...and the Bill Gates one is funny as hell when they go off about his little child hood friend carrying a briefcase.
Heh. I can handle the heavy, but I gotta tune out when they reach for shit just because someone is Republican, when Sophie talks or when they make to many consecutive jokes that just aren't funny.

There is a lot of good content, but they try too hard sometimes. And my Christ I hate Sophie.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:25 PM   #11
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

A lot the ones I listen to have been mentioned.

History that Doesn't Suck is a pretty good one. Substantive enough to be worth listening but light enough in tone that it doesn't put you to sleep.

Shat the Movies is alright but they've hit a real patch of garbage movies of late.

Stuff You Should Know - listen to episodes where you DON'T know the subject matter extremely well. Topics where you do will probably annoy you.

Based on a True Story is good; takes a look at movies/shows and how they contrast to the real story.

Y'all probably know most of the sports ones. I do like The Toolshed; a little more under the radar podcast that focuses primarily on minor league baseball and some top prospects.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:26 PM   #12
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Heh. I can handle the heavy, but I gotta tune out when they reach for shit just because someone is Republican, when Sophie talks or when they make to many consecutive jokes that just aren't funny.

There is a lot of good content, but they try too hard sometimes. And my Christ I hate Sophie.
I mean it's pretty blatantly obvious that is a heavily liberal slanted podcast.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 01:27 PM   #13
Needs more middle fingers

In no particular Order:

Chris Simms Unbuttoned
Pro Football Talk
New Heights
Lights Out
Serial Killers
Entre Leadership
Entrepreneur Motivation
The Premature Millionaire
Joe Rogan Experience
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:27 PM   #14
Hockey Town

Oh I have to add one..

Crime in Sports this podcast is great it's 2 comedians going over completely ****ed up athletes.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:27 PM   #15
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Regarding Rewatchables - I'll give the first 10 minutes or so of a movie I haven't seen a listen. There's been more than a couple times it's convinced me to watch one. For instance, hadn't ever seen Chef but that podcast was so good that I kept listening.

Then I watched the movie and REALLY enjoyed it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.