Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2017, 06:40 PM  
The Maintenance Guy

Durango, CO

The Mrs and I will be heading there Labor Day weekend to check the Durango-Silverton train ride off the bucket list. We'll probably stay in the area a couple days so we're looking for other stuff to do, and also possible places to stay. We prefer a cabin type place over a hotel, but nothing fancy.

Anyone familiar with the area have any suggestions? I swear I've seen someone here with Durango as their location but can't remember who it was.

Also feel free to express your thoughts on the Dodge Durango in this thread as well.

Last edited by Bugeater; 07-26-2017 at 09:27 PM..
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #46
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Soo.. coincidence.

I will be in Durango area vacationing the 5th/6th/7th and plan to do the silverton train thing too.

We got a really kickass little yurt on AIRBNB but we planned way ahead
You have a nice yurt.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:49 PM   #47
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KranzDictum View Post
We had a 1st gen with the 5.7 liter Hemi. It was a dealer demo deal. Didn't need it after my dad sold his boat but it would move.

Replaced it 12 years later with a 3rd gen 6 cylinder. I love the 6, we drove out to DC from Chicago on a tank of gas, it gets better mileage than my 3 series BMW and still has enough power to get up and down switch backs on the Lincoln Highway in Penn. My wife misses the power of the Hemi but I am happy with the 6. Didn't have any room to work in the engine compartment, will only need 6 plugs instead of 16. A year later still getting used to the auto shutoff at a complete stop, now have to hit a switch as we pull out of our suburb as it shuts off at the stop sign there. I leave it on if I am on a road with a lots of traffic lights but if I am just driving around our town I shut it off.
Pretty sure there wasn't a 5.7 hemi option in the first generation.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #48
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My first ever trip to Silverton was a business trip. I'd only lived in Colorado for a year or so and went all over the state on a project for the governor's office to listen to economic development ideas and concerns.

Keep in mind that there are less than 1,000 people in this county, but the county courthouse is a nice-sized building that was built back when it was a booming mining town. I went into the county courthouse to meet my appointment, and one of the workers in there was really into missing people. The walls were full of missing person posters from all over the country.

Now envision how creepy it is to go into a big old building in a tiny county of 1,000 people up in the mountains, in a town of 500 people, and then you see a couple of hundred missing persons signs on the wall.
Glad you're still with us.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:06 AM   #49
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I love Durango Co. Grew up had an Aunt and Uncle live there and we would spend a week vacationing. They lived 50 yards from the river and my cousin and I would walk a path down and trout fish to high heaven. That would be my dream home to live.

Surrounded by mountains just beautiful and elegant.

If you get a chance go to the Great Sand Dunes it's like Gods sand box it's pretty cool. It's where they filmed Return of the Jedi desert scene.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:13 AM   #50

CW McCall The Silverton Train nice pics in this video

You will have fun Bugeater
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:17 AM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
CW McCall The Silverton Train nice pics in this video
Breaker 1-9 for the Rubber Ducky
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:22 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Breaker 1-9 for the Rubber Ducky
Yeah, that's a big ten 4 ther, Pig Pen, yeah we definitely got the door, good buddy

Murcy, Sakes, Alive, Looks like we got ourselves a convoy..
Old 07-27-2017, 04:47 AM   #53
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, that's a big ten 4 ther, Pig Pen, yeah we definitely got the door, good buddy

Murcy, Sakes, Alive, Looks like we got ourselves a convoy..
Hey good lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later!!
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 AM   #54

Quote:
Hey good lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later!!
Mercy sakes alive, Pig Pen, I think your coming on to me

Not that there's anything wrong with that

This here is the Rubber Ducky I'm out
Old 07-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #55
Supporter

Quote:
Mercy sakes alive, Pig Pen, I think your coming on to me

Not that there's anything wrong with that

This here is the Rubber Ducky I'm out
I was mashing up these two references.

****, FOX made sure this was only available in Spanish. Plus it cuts off before the 'back to see you later' he says to Marge.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:35 AM   #56

Quote:
I was mashing up these two references.

****, FOX made sure this was only available in Spanish. Plus it cuts off before the 'back to see you later' he says to Marge.

never seen those commercial or Simpson episode
Old 07-27-2017, 05:44 AM   #57
The Collective Unconscious

I'd go to Pagosa Springs and take a dip at the resort there. The water is incredible.
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #58
Supporter

Quote:
That cuda gotta Commando?
It does now. It came with a 273 two barrel and I put a 340 with a 750 Edelbrock on it. Headers, cam etc.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #59
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Pretty sure there wasn't a 5.7 hemi option in the first generation.
Correct. Daimler put it in the "rock em sock em robot" version.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I took the short steam train ride in Georgetown a few years back so I've had a taste of the cinders.

Been to Co Springs and the Royal Gorge and Pike's Peak, but not Cave of the Winds. We probably won't get back to that area this time around as we're heading to our favorite place in Estes Park afterwards.

Estes is really nice. One year - 2009 - I was doing some work in Fort Collins and I was going to (possibly) be held up over Christmas. On the 23rd My Wife calls me and tells me that she is coming to pick me up. Hell, I thought she had driven to Colorado to take me home...

She flew into DIA, rented a car, came and picked me up and we headed West. She had reserved a cabin in Estes for Christmas. One of the best Christmas I ever had! Beautiful country - and once you get away from the city - the scenery is breathtaking.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.