Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: Who wins the back up quarterback 2017?
Tyler Bray 53 37.06%
Patrick Mahomes II 90 62.94%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2017, 03:10 PM  
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Tyler Bray vs Patrick Mahomes II competition for backup

This should be a simple poll. Who do you all think will win the backup job to Alex Smith during training camp and preseason competition? Meaning the one that gets to suit up on game days to trust when Alex Smith gets KO~ed out of a game.

Andy Reid said this is a competition so let them duel it out.

Tyler Bray 5th year man being a back up to a backup gives him the edge knowing the system and being around the guys and coaching. He is currently the #2 quarterback.

vs the challenger

Patrick Mahomes II the #10 pick in the first round after trading up 17 spots and has a lot to learn but has desire to be the starting quarterback sooner than later.

This isn't about Alex Smith but who would you trust to go in a game if heaven forbid something happens to our starting quarterback to keep us alive for the playoffs?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:46 AM   #61
Needs more middle fingers

Oh, and I hope Bray does well.

So we can trade his ass....
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #62
In Search of a Life

I agree with detox that if Mahomes just comes out and displays that he's the best guy, play him. I'd imagine Reid would do that, if it were the case.

I'd do my best to prop Bray up for sure
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post
Other than being a load swallowing Homer. WTF has anyone ever seen that would warrant Bray be qualified to be a #2 backup?

I get some have to beat off to the thought of something scrub making some noise.

If mahomes can't beat out this ballsack then we're ****ed...
The biggest issue i saw with Bray was his piss ass pocket awareness and poor ball security. He hangs out in the pocket with the ball dangling down by his thigh. He's a strip sack waiting to happen. We'll see if he's improved those things.

Oh, and he's shaping up to be a broke dick. He barely plays and get injured seemingly every season for one reason or another.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Oh, and I hope Bray does well.

So we can trade his ass....
Who is going be backup to PMII next year?

Do we draft his backup or FA vet on the cheap?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #65
mod-ish

I voted Mahomes, but I kind of hope Bray wins it. I want Mahomes to sit and watch and learn and absorb all he can this year with no pressure of winning games on him.

That said, to think a guy they've kept around for years without a single drop out of the spigot is going to suddenly "get it" might be a little too hopeful.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #66
Veteran

Quote:
Other than being a load swallowing Homer. WTF has anyone ever seen that would warrant Bray be qualified to be a #2 backup?

I get some have to beat off to the thought of something scrub making some noise, but dayum this is sad...

That was exactly my point, somehow I was mistaken for saying it was Brays job hahaha no chance in hell
thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.thegame214 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:13 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Who is going be backup to PMII next year?

Do we draft his backup or FA vet on the cheap?
Shrug.

Bray's contract is up after this season. It's kind of hard to see the Chiefs offering him a 2nd contract extension. I think the guy will be gone regardless.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Shrug.

Bray's contract is up after this season. It's kind of hard to see the Chiefs offering him a 2nd contract extension. I think the guy will be gone regardless.
Well in this case to me it's kind of pointless that Patrick Mahomes II isn't getting all the #2 reps in practice even though I get the whole competition and Bray is the incumbent bla bla but Patrick is our future mostly starting next year unless he makes opportunity for this year but his progression would greatly improve if he was getting the reps necessary to do so. Why are we wasting time with Bray?

I can almost seeing Chiefs hang on to Alex Smith 18 and make it a competition for the starting job and the loser (Alex Smith) would be back up. An expensive back up but Alex Smith would have to start all over with a new team and new coach and have to prove himself all over again.

I really don't know but Bray needs to really have a good showing or he will be out of the NFL because no one is going give him much of a shot after this if he doesn't. He can be a career backup but that seems to be his ceiling. Patrick has higher ambitions and it shows.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #69
Stroking to the SB Champs!

If PMII isn't the backup right out of TC, it won't bother me that much. If he isn't our starting QB in 2018, ima be pissed.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #70
Veteran

Quote:

I get some have to beat off to the thought of something scrub making some noise, but dayum this is sad...

Other than the fact they keep paying him and letting go other draft picks?

Not a thing. Including no signs of life in limited pre-season action.
Mike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #71
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mahomes should be the backup so he can really develop in practice by taking reps on the scout team. The best way for Mahomes to learn is to actually play and go through his development in real time, then repeat it every day. He isn't going to learn anything standing at practice and watching everyone else.

We should also want Mahomes to be the backup because of what it means to Alex. I want Alex to know his job is on the line at all times and that he needs to play well consistently if he wants to keep the starting role.

Does anyone really think Alex would feel the slightest bit of pressure to perform if Bray is the backup?
Not.

At.

All.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #72
MVP

I believe it's the 3rd string QB who runs the scout team and has to learn all the various plays that the opponents run. Mahomes should stay 3rd string all year so that he can take the scout team reps. That will help Mahomes the most, I think.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #73
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:

That word allows for various reasoning. The main one is that the team wishes to basically red shirt Mahomes.
I will take it a little further though just or discussion type purposes.
Foles didn't look that much better than Bray did last preseason. Bray has several more years in the system, which is known to take years to learn, than Mahomes.
Hopefully Mahomes has a much greater learning curve allowing him to accomplish exponentially more in one year.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #74
MVP

Thought process shouldn't be about whether Bray is qualified to be a #2. It's about where do the Chiefs put Mahomes that benefits him the most? If Bray really still sucks then maybe the Chiefs should go out and sign a veteran to be their #2.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 PM   #75
MVP

Since Reid has been in KC he has been very conservative in bringing young QBs along, so I'll say Bray.
splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.