Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-26-2017, 09:40 AM  
MVP

Player Unknown

Anyone here play Player Unknown Battleground? It is an early access game on Steam it blew up has already sold over 2 million copies so far.

You start out with nothing and you have to drop onto an island and loot guns and meds and scopes. Then you have to filter into the circle and be the last man standing. If you die you have to start all over again.

Here is a recent finish of one of my games, action starts at the 2 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTA_e7iCrE
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #121
Supporter

SO...

Big news yestreday.. PUBG to go to a chest/key system like csgo or h1z1.

Clearly anti-customer, but companies know there are enough people who dont care that make it profitable.

Thoughts?
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #122
Supporter

For me its a little like finding out the chick you have been dating is a hooker on the side.

You still have feelings for her but now you know shes dirty~
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #123
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot OVER!

From what I understand it is just for clothing, cosmetic type appearance. I don't really care about cosmetic stuff anyway.
Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #124
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
From what I understand it is just for clothing, cosmetic type appearance. I don't really care about cosmetic stuff anyway.
Absolutely.

I'm not going to participate in it, as its the ONLY way you will be able to get cosmetic upgrades. It was stated that you will never be able to unlock cosmetics without paying. No more free loot boxes.

But the community as a whole looks at it as money grubbing, underhanded, and the playerbase will end up suffering for it. Part of the reason is the system itself, and the other part is that they said they would not do that. As it was, PU was kind of looked on as a 'good guy' in a sea of shitty anti-player business practices. That is gone~

Again, its not going to affect my game play because I wont let it. At the same time its bad because there are hundreds of thousands of people that arent going to play because of it, or just poison the community with constant harping on the subject.

In the end its a business~
Old 07-27-2017, 04:49 AM   #125
In Search of a Life

eh, i dont care about charging for cosmetics. As long as you dont get shit that helps you in game, then go ahead and make as muich money as you can, people love to play dress up barbie and will fork out million for skins. As a business, you would be stupid not to do it.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:44 AM   #126
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
SO...

Big news yestreday.. PUBG to go to a chest/key system like csgo or h1z1.

Clearly anti-customer, but companies know there are enough people who dont care that make it profitable.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't care about it if PUBG was a competently developed game but everything about it feels 3rd tier from coding to servers to PR.

If a AAA company took the battleground game model and ran with it they would absolutely destroy.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #127
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
I wouldn't care about it if PUBG was a competently developed game but everything about it feels 3rd tier from coding to servers to PR.

If a AAA company took the battleground game model and ran with it they would absolutely destroy.
AAA company would find a way to **** it up even more. They are great at taking something and making it worse.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:48 PM   #128
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
AAA company would find a way to **** it up even more. They are great at taking something and making it worse.
I dont know about that.

I would have confidence in a AAA company being able to code a game properly to where guns actually load into the game before 5 seconds after you land, playing door open door closed?, constant stuttering/teleporting, random fps drops into the ****ing floor, guns that wont fire fully automatic when they are on fully automatic, having to loot shit 3 times before it actually registers.

As it is I have zero confidence in Bluehole being able to fix any of it because it always comes back after a "fix has been made." It's a shame because for like 48 hours after a major patch the game is really fun. But even though the game is still in a beta state the company is moving on to an esports focus with micro transactions and the game is not even close to being finished and probably never will. It's classic deja vu... We really don't have an answer for the pitfalls of the game so it's time to just grab as much cash as possible.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #129
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I dont know about that.

I would have confidence in a AAA company being able to code a game properly to where guns actually load into the game before 5 seconds after you land, playing door open door closed?, constant stuttering/teleporting, random fps drops into the ****ing floor, guns that wont fire fully automatic when they are on fully automatic, having to loot shit 3 times before it actually registers.

As it is I have zero confidence in Bluehole being able to fix any of it because it always comes back after a "fix has been made." It's a shame because for like 48 hours after a major patch the game is really fun. But even though the game is still in a beta state the company is moving on to an esports focus with micro transactions and the game is not even close to being finished and probably never will. It's classic deja vu... We really don't have an answer for the pitfalls of the game so it's time to just grab as much cash as possible.

Eh,its not the coders that prevent all that. Its the tech limitations. All that shit takes time to populate through a map, because its all randomly generated when the world spawns. Nothing is exactly the same from game to game outside of the map.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:52 AM   #130
Supporter

Quote:
I dont know about that.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #131
Take a Chill Pill

JD at first I didn't believe you but now I do about your ban. Sorry man.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #132
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
JD at first I didn't believe you but now I do about your ban. Sorry man.
What's not to believe? The screenshot is there. Bluehole is run by the most incompetent crew of administrators I've ever seen.

Just look at the bans posted on reddit. A dude got banned for 3 days for killing a random that was placed by auto matching after he had already intentionally killed his 2 teammates.

Now the new controversy is a dude getting banned for 7 days because he killed a streamer and they cried stream sniper. That's legitimately something that can't be proven unless the dude flat out admits it in text. The most hilarious part is that I don't even think the streamers actually reported him.

And the whole time PU is over there just nodding along as his community managers tweet out shit like "Don't want to get banned? Turn off automatching."

It's a complete shit show.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:02 PM   #133
Supporter

Quote:
What's not to believe? The screenshot is there. Bluehole is run by the most incompetent crew of administrators I've ever seen.

Just look at the bans posted on reddit. A dude got banned for 3 days for killing a random that was placed by auto matching after he had already intentionally killed his 2 teammates.

Now the new controversy is a dude getting banned for 7 days because he killed a streamer and they cried stream sniper. That's legitimately something that can't be proven unless the dude flat out admits it in text. The most hilarious part is that I don't even think the streamers actually reported him.

And the whole time PU is over there just nodding along as his community managers tweet out shit like "Don't want to get banned? Turn off automatching."

It's a complete shit show.
isnt bluehole only the publisher?

I doubt these Korean execs are banning people. Its PU and friends~
Old 08-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #134
MVP

I haven't tried to play this in well over a month... Last time I tried was after a big update that implemented some network lag desync mechanism and it became unplayable for me. Constantly freezing. **** em.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #135
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I haven't tried to play this in well over a month... Last time I tried was after a big update that implemented some network lag desync mechanism and it became unplayable for me. Constantly freezing. **** em.
They have the servers as good as they have ever been. Its a non-issue at the moment.