Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread

My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:47 PM   #1081
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Getting tired of this tease of a team.

They might've swept of the Rockies, but that does nothing for the big picture nor does it significantly improve the Cardinals chances at winning the WS this year.

Worst thing Mo could do, IMO, would be to add only short term improvements(aka acquiring a reliever). I wouldn't like it, but I'd accept him doing jack shit and just riding out Lynn for the season.
I'm worried that acquiring a reliever is exactly how this trade deadline will play out. I'm less pessimistic about some of the young guys as some (still too many corner OF) and rotation as been solid enough. However really not interesting in seeing them try to play this one out to miss playoffs by a few games and even manage to improbably make it will not end well.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #1082
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Getting tired of this tease of a team.

They might've swept of the Rockies, but that does nothing for the big picture nor does it significantly improve the Cardinals chances at winning the WS this year.

Worst thing Mo could do, IMO, would be to add only short term improvements(aka acquiring a reliever). I wouldn't like it, but I'd accept him doing jack shit and just riding out Lynn for the season.
The Rockies had lost 15 of 18 on the road before last night's game.

They're a TERRIBLE road team. Sweeping the Rockies in St. Louis is like sweeping the Phillies.

Then again, sweeping the Phillies had Matheny acting like they'd won the World Series so I expect this means no trading of anyone of note now.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #1083
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The Rockies had lost 15 of 18 on the road before last night's game.

They're a TERRIBLE road team. Sweeping the Rockies in St. Louis is like sweeping the Phillies.

Then again, sweeping the Phillies had Matheny acting like they'd won the World Series so I expect this means no trading of anyone of note now.
That's exactly what I'm afraid of, "oooh look we're getting better! One game under .500 and 4 back in the division means we have a real shot!"
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:00 AM   #1084
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

So in light of Kenny Rosenthal reporting yesterday the Cardinals won't offer Lynn a QO if they keep him all year... what are thoughts in here on moving him and value coming back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #1085
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
So in light of Kenny Rosenthal reporting yesterday the Cardinals won't offer Lynn a QO if they keep him all year... what are thoughts in here on moving him and value coming back?

My thought is to move everyone we can move and try to retool the farm.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #1086
Consuming CP souls

Dump everyone
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #1087
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
My thought is to move everyone we can move and try to retool the farm.

Even if it's a prospect outside the top 100 coming back?

I'm not asking from a Royals lens, per se. Just curious.

I could see packaging Lynn and Rosenthal to the Yankees or Astros or something like that, but even then, it's hard to see a huge return based on current market prices for anyone who isn't a controlled SP.

duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #1088
MVP

Quote:
Even if it's a prospect outside the top 100 coming back?

I'm not asking from a Royals lens, per se. Just curious.

I could see packaging Lynn and Rosenthal to the Yankees or Astros or something like that, but even then, it's hard to see a huge return based on current market prices for anyone who isn't a controlled SP.

Yeah, honestly this season is a total loss. If they want any ROI from Lynn they need to unload him. Lynn, Rosie, Oh, Carp, Fowler and Waino are under water in terms of opportunity costs. That's something Mo has to look at.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #1089

Quote:

Did you read the series of tweets from Rosenthal?

He was talking about the QO, then he mentioned the diminished value of the picks and risks of the QO. As part of that conversation, he brought in Lynn (who he had previously discussed). At no point did he suggest he'd been told that the Cardinals won't QO Lynn. It read to me like speculation on his part in light of the changes in the CBA rather than 'reporting' of information provided by the organization.

Goold and Strauss have both said that it's nearly a given that the Cards give Lynn the QO if they don't trade him.

Of course it is - if they don't trade him, he's not taking a 1 yr deal at $18 million when he's a virtual shoe-in for $16 million/season on a 4 or even 5 year deal. And if they don't offer him the QO out of fear he'll take it in the first year that they double their television rights deal, **** them in the face.

They'll offer him - I'm not worried about that possibility at all. I respect Rosenthal more than any national guy in the game but even if he HAD mentioned organizational sources, I'd say that Goold and Strauss still have better ones as the beat writers.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #1090
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Did you read the series of tweets from Rosenthal?

He was talking about the QO, then he mentioned the diminished value of the picks and risks of the QO. As part of that conversation, he brought in Lynn (who he had previously discussed). At no point did he suggest he'd been told that the Cardinals won't QO Lynn. It read to me like speculation on his part in light of the changes in the CBA rather than 'reporting' of information provided by the organization.

Goold and Strauss have both said that it's nearly a given that the Cards give Lynn the QO if they don't trade him.

Of course it is - if they don't trade him, he's not taking a 1 yr deal at $18 million when he's a virtual shoe-in for $16 million/season on a 4 or even 5 year deal. And if they don't offer him the QO out of fear he'll take it in the first year that they double their television rights deal, **** them in the face.

They'll offer him - I'm not worried about that possibility at all. I respect Rosenthal more than any national guy in the game but even if he HAD mentioned organizational sources, I'd say that Goold and Strauss still have better ones as the beat writers.

Damn, I just read the summary from MLB trade rumors. That makes a LOT more sense

Old 07-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #1091

Quote:
Damn, I just read the summary from MLB trade rumors. That makes a LOT more sense

****in' Royals fans, man....
Old 07-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #1092
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread

Quote:
****in' Royals fans, man....

Kenny was taken out of context by the MLBTR summary.

Damn websites with their editors who don't know what the **** they're doing messing things up.

Side note: I saw a Cards fan on PowerMizzou suggest Victor Robles would be the return for Rosenthal and Tommy Pham. I laffed. And thought of Oriole's fans trade proposals/you.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #1093

Quote:
Kenny was taken out of context by the MLBTR summary.

Damn websites with their editors who don't know what the **** they're doing messing things up.

Side note: I saw a Cards fan on PowerMizzou suggest Victor Robles would be the return for Rosenthal and Tommy Pham. I laffed. And thought of Oriole's fans trade proposals/you.
Yeah, I don't see the Nats giving up Robles for really anyone. He's capitalizing on that talent this year and his stock has exploded (and they'll need him when Harper walks). Britton's just been too erratic this year and might be hurt.

Truth be told, Brad Hand might be as good as any of those guys and I've criticized Rizzo on the past from being completely incapable of identifying undervalued bullpen talent (the Papelbon move was the single dumbest in-season decision I've seen a GM make in a decade). If Rizzo where the GM people give him credit for instead of the dude that just got lucky with Harper and Strasburg, he'd have had Hand before the guy started looking like he may just be as good as any reliever out there.

Now SDs given him the 9th and he's held it down. The Padres are right to ask for what Chapman netted - he's not quite as good, but he's also not a pending FA. That price for the Nats is Robles and they ain't gonna do it.

I actually think Madson has looked damn good for them and don't understand why they keep trying to hammer Doolittle into the gig.

There's a deal for the Cardinals to make with the Yankees around Jorge Mateo. I'm not sure how to expand it to make the parts fit, but I'm positive there's something that can be done there. They need an immediate starter as well as a controlled starter due to their entire staff sans Severino being a FA next year. The Cardinals need to turn an arm or two into a similarly talented/capable bat. So Lynn and one of our minor league arms (Weaver's the most logical but I'm not sure the Cards can move him this year with Reyes still rehabbing) for Mateo and another part.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #1094
In my youth i pray to keep

Exciting day for us.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:51 PM   #1095
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Exciting day for us.
Pretty bad when the GM of the Blues has has a better year than Mo.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.