Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 PM  
Superbowl MVP

What is your Favorite Podcasts?

I wanna know

Last edited by SLAG; 08-18-2013 at 11:28 PM..
SLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #46
Supporter

Anyone else fascinated with tallying up how many cigarettes Kevin lights up every Smodcast? I hear the flint of his lighter at least 6-7 times every 'cast.

EDIT to add: OK, maybe not cigarettes every time.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 07-25-2010 at 03:32 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #47
My Black Friend, Alan

Going to be on the road for 22 hours in the next 3 days. I usually listen to Opie and Anthony on XM, but I cancelled my sub.

Anything new or specific cant-miss podcast episodes from the ones previously mentioned?
TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #48
Banned

Not enough love for Comedy Death Ray Radio in here.
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #49
Everyone else is 'peasants'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Anyone else fascinated with tallying up how many cigarettes Kevin lights up every Smodcast? I hear the flint of his lighter at least 6-7 times every 'cast.

EDIT to add: OK, maybe not cigarettes every time.
4 pages for the first Smod reference??

I can't get enough of them, I've listened to them all at least 4 times each, they're amazing.

PS With respect to the cigarettes/weed, it's not that he's lighting a new one every time, it's that he's talked for so long it goes out and he needs to re-light.

Make It So: A Star Trek podcast is pretty effin hilarious for the Trek fans out there, and Movies You Should See is also good if you look past the fact that they rarely talk about the movies (Which I find more fun, frankly).
The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #50
Everyone else is 'peasants'

Quote:

Also had Adam talking about his days at ILM, and particularly to FX guys anticipating getting their marching orders on 'fightin' Yoda' they get the screenplay and it says, simply 'Yoda fights in a manner that is indescribable. . . FUUUuuUuuuuuuuuu

Adam also advises, Star Wars Eps 2 and 3 can be salvaged [not 1, nothing can salvage 1] by setting your DVD to French with subtitles.

A big plus is Hardwick's facility with voices, he has the 'didactic nerd voice' a passable cockney, a good aussie, and one of my favorite schticks [employed by the likes of Oswalt and Cross, the 'booming songster singing about the present topic' voice [think Cross' 'Henderson Valley Eggs, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE OUR EGGS!!!!']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Star Wars Episode 2 cannot be salvaged. Episode 3 MAYBE I could see it, working, the story is a little bit better. Though still STUPIDLY flimsy.
The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Mecca View Post
4 pages for the first Smod reference??

I can't get enough of them, I've listened to them all at least 4 times each, they're amazing.

PS With respect to the cigarettes/weed, it's not that he's lighting a new one every time, it's that he's talked for so long it goes out and he needs to re-light.

Make It So: A Star Trek podcast is pretty effin hilarious for the Trek fans out there, and Movies You Should See is also good if you look past the fact that they rarely talk about the movies (Which I find more fun, frankly).
Listened to one of the funniest I've come across just this morning, Kevin was back in Redbank with Bryan Johnson, and Kevin was pitching Bryan to come care for him in Hollywood when he bloats up to 1000 pounds and needs someone to go out and bring hookers back to fellate his Jabba junk. For some reason getting that fat made him have a squeaky, whiny voice that every thing he said in that voice made the two of the crack up unendingly.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #52
My Black Friend, Alan

Tales from the Spacepod

Three guys pick a supernatural topic and share their personal experiences and crack jokes about them, usually to go off on tangents that delves into other areas of pop culture. It's a fairly short podcast with eps lasting only about 50 min., and they are fairly new with only 5 episodes released in the past month. So far they've covered Bigfoot, Aliens, Ghosts, Shadowpeople, and Chupacabra. I recommend giving them a listen.
TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #53
Chump Steamroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer View Post
Not enough love for Comedy Death Ray Radio in here.
It's pretty good. The problem for me is that when a terrible character comes on, it usually kills the podcast.

Hands down, my favorite show (which is available in podcast form) is The Best Show on WFMU. Three hours of mirth, music and mayhem.

The best thing I can do to recommend the show is to point to The Best Show Gems, which are usually calls from Jon Wurster in character.
ZootedGranny has disabled reputation
Old 09-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #54
Supporter

Two new, and quite strong, offerings.

Hollywood Babble On - part of SmodNation, Kevin Smith and Ralph Garmin [Carolla's long time friend and former roomate, now part of McFarlane's voice group [Family Guy, Cleveland Show] dish on the industry.

And, I'm all atwitter just mentioning. The Pod F. Tompcast. Brilliant, just brilliant. I can listen perpetually as PFT pulls side-splitting comedy out of thin air on the strength of his tone of voice. His running bit where he plays Andrew Lloyd Webber trying to round up talent for the greatest stage production mankind has ever witnessed was particularly great. Thus far, he's recruited Ice-T and John C. Reilly.

Should also mention, not as balls out funny, as it's 'historical,' Jay and Silent Bob Get Old, where Smith and Mewes recount Mewes' journey from smack addiction to recovery. They recount it lightheartedly, and chuckle about some of the ****ups Mewes hung out with throughout the years, but it's dark at times as well, understandable as Mewes was full-on junkie when Smith was in the process of starting a marriage and later raising a toddler, then kid, then tween.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #55
Supporter

Holy Shit that was out of nowhere.

Knew Katie Morgan was trying to mainstream herself, what with the HBO specials and all, had no idea Kevin Smith was the world's laziest matchmaker.

Jim Jackman is a guy who's been in a few small parts here and that clear back to the mid-80s. And as Kev got into the Hollywood scene, they've struck up a bit of a friendship. Enough that he was hanging around Pittsburgh while Kev was making Zach and Miri, enough that he was hanging out with Katie [cast in the movie], enough that they smoka' tha' herb now and then, enough that they've been MARRIED for a year.

And now, it appears Katie and Kev's wife Schwalbach are good friends, and Jim and Katie volunteer for Kev's charity roller hockey team, and if Kev's various allusions and mutterings are correctly interpreted Katie will soon be hosting a regular podcast on Smod.

World's collide. . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motionb...7732/lightbox/

pic of Jim, Katie and Kev at the roller hockey event.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #56
I got Rice cookin in the micro

The nerdist is my favorite, there were alot of things when I do my standup that I didn't have words to describe what was going on. Like how people have mainstream acts like Leno, then they have alt acts like (whatever alt acts are big right now) because I had a guy go before me the other day and do a bit about How hot his soup was at dave and buster and I go on with "I don't know who named this the 12th annual softball chili cookoff, it should have been named the 1st annual lesbian fartoff" and just random shit.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
The nerdist is my favorite, there were alot of things when I do my standup that I didn't have words to describe what was going on. Like how people have mainstream acts like Leno, then they have alt acts like (whatever alt acts are big right now) because I had a guy go before me the other day and do a bit about How hot his soup was at dave and buster and I go on with "I don't know who named this the 12th annual softball chili cookoff, it should have been named the 1st annual lesbian fartoff" and just random shit.
So when guys like Hardwick blabber for hours on 'honing our craft' . . . tune out or pull pud?
Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #58
Supporter

Oh, and if the term podcast is ever made against the law, I think they should call them 'yeahyeahyeahs'

Don't think I've heard one yet where someone hasn't said that at least once.

The Smodcast should already be called that. That or 'and whatnot'

Last edited by Baby Lee; 11-21-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 11-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #59

Quote:
So when guys like Hardwick blabber for hours on 'honing our craft' . . . tune out or pull pud?
I pull pud, he feels the way I do. When people tell me how much balls it is to get on stage, I don't think it takes balls at all, it's more like running out of a burning building. It's just what I do.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #60

Quote:
Oh, and if the term podcast is ever made against the law, I think they should call them 'yeahyeahyeahs'

Don't think I've heard one yet where someone hasn't said that at least once.

The Smodcast should already be called that. That or 'and whatnot'
that is pretty funny, although in day to day life I don't run into many people who listen to podcasts or know what they are, but I def listen to them and go yeah I know exactly how you feel.