Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #1156
Fish are scared of me

I bought NVDA at 32 and sold at 65 and said hell yeah, nailed that one . Now it's $166

****!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #1157
Fish are scared of me

POAGX

http://performance.morningstar.com/f...&culture=en_US

Thoughts ?
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:06 PM   #1158
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer View Post
The only downside I see is the expense ratio at .68, which is higher than the average for similarly indexed funds. But those funds don't have the performance this fund has shown. Whoever is picking the holdings has done well.
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #1159
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer View Post
On the other hand, if you were working with an advisor in a managed fund you'd be paying twice that. I blame Vanguard for offering us expense ratios of .15 in etf form and only slightly higher for mutual funds. They've really disrupted the industry in that area and skews our perspective on expense ratios. .68 is not that bad.
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #1160
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
My plan is to park money there to see if I can grasp concepts. So I bougjt 70 dollars of this share. Should I schedule an appointment ar the lambo dealership now? Hopefully I can buy a mutual fund index fund idunno the difference. I don't make much money so it will take time
Who are you using for your brokerage?

I'd save up a couple hundred and then buy an etf rather than a mutual fund. They are cheaper to own, the biggest difference is that they are managed by a computer rather than a person so they don't have to forward that cost to you, but they hold the same stocks.

Start with something simple like an S&P indexed fund, they are companies that you've heard of. In that vein, you can pick larger or smaller companies (small cap, mid cap, large cap). Theoretically, small cap has the highest growth potential while large cap will perform whatever the general economy is doing.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:50 AM   #1161
Indian Twitter

What about buying and selling some beef? What kind of money can a person make doing that?
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #1162
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
What about buying and selling some beef? What kind of money can a person make doing that?
Like the physical or on the futures? I wouldn't put any positions on the futures with money you ever care about seeing again. You can make a mint or get you ass handed to you.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #1163
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Like the physical or on the futures? I wouldn't put any positions on the futures with money you ever care about seeing again. You can make a mint or get you ass handed to you.
I mean the critters.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #1164
Supporter

Quote:
I mean the critters.
You thinking cow calf, feeding out, brokering?

My understanding is you could hedge in a profit at the feedyards a month ago.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #1165
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
You thinking cow calf, feeding out, brokering?

My understanding is you could hedge in a profit at the feedyards a month ago.
It would be all new to me so I'm not really sure. My initial thought would be to buy some calfs let them grow up and then sell them for a profit.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #1166
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornstock View Post
Who are you using for your brokerage?

I'd save up a couple hundred and then buy an etf rather than a mutual fund. They are cheaper to own, the biggest difference is that they are managed by a computer rather than a person so they don't have to forward that cost to you, but they hold the same stocks.

Start with something simple like an S&P indexed fund, they are companies that you've heard of. In that vein, you can pick larger or smaller companies (small cap, mid cap, large cap). Theoretically, small cap has the highest growth potential while large cap will perform whatever the general economy is doing.

Vanguard is what I have now. I already put in 70 dollars and I haven't recieved my trophy wife yet.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #1167
MVP

Quote:
It would be all new to me so I'm not really sure. My initial thought would be to buy some calfs let them grow up and then sell them for a profit.
Are you looking for a small or large gamble?

If you're brave, I will need 80 more head of 7wts to finish out a set of pens this fall. Have a ~$2k frozen genetics gamble getting ready to happen in a month or so for the less insane. A partner to share making a little money along the way or losing our ass together on one of the big rides always makes the resulting drinking a little more entertaining.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #1168
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
Are you looking for a small or large gamble?

If you're brave, I will need 80 more head of 7wts to finish out a set of pens this fall. Have a ~$2k frozen genetics gamble getting ready to happen in a month or so for the less insane. A partner to share making a little money along the way or losing our ass together on one of the big rides always makes the resulting drinking a little more entertaining.
How much a head?
Old 07-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #1169
MVP

Quote:
How much a head?
7wts sold for around $1k/hd yesterday at a local sale.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #1170
Fish are scared of me

I like Cows, they're easy.