Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 03-30-2017, 12:17 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Destiny 2 Discussion Thread

Trailer is out for the sequel. While I love Cayde 6, I don't like that they decided to make him comic relief here. But its a game so....

9/8/2017

Destiny 2 gameplay reveal: May 18
Beta access around July

They are doing Expansion packs again. Hopefully they don't just feel like tack-ons this time.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Just read that this game will be using Blizzard's Battle.net client for PC, and will integrate the Bnet Friends/Chat system.
discord is all you need for your friends/chat system.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #17
oxymoron

Read today about how they're getting rid of the grimoire cards in lieu of in-game lore. One of my biggest (and one of my few...) complaints about the original game.

Although I did quit playing before Rise of Iron, it was primarily because I didn't feel like spending money on PS Plus just to play Destiny. I played a shitton of the game prior to that. I've spent most of the last year playing Neverwinter, although I did reboot my PS Plus in March for Andromeda's multiplayer. I'm thinking I'll probably just run through the stuff I've missed in July and August just to catch up.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #18
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Looks like its releasing early and on all consoles, same day.

Screenshot.
Confirmed by Activision that Destiny 2 will be released on September 6th.
Confirmed by Luke Smith will be on all consoles Sep 6th.
Destiny2 E3 Video

Beta Dates:

Playstation 4 (pre-order): July 18 at 10am PDT
Xbox One (pre-order): July 19 at 10am PDT
Open Beta (PS+X1): July 21 at 10am PDT
Beta Ends: July 23 at 9pm PDT
PC Beta: Sometime August
PC Release Date: October 24th
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
Still 30 FPS on consoles and no dedicated servers

Looks dope as f**k though. I like the new changes in gameplay with the longer ability cool downs, double primary slots and special/heavy occupying the same slot. Also, all PVP modes will be 4v4 aka Halo on crack.
4k @ 60fps for xb1x supposedly. ill prob get a copy onnpc and xb1x so i can play with all my buds.
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #20
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspengc8 View Post
4k @ 60fps for xb1x supposedly. ill prob get a copy onnpc and xb1x so i can play with all my buds.
Just saw that all console versions (PS4, PS4P, Xbox One and Xbox One X) will be locked to 30 FPS to ensure a level playing field (same experience) across all platforms or some shit like that.

PC has uncapped FPS.

Last edited by Pants; 06-13-2017 at 09:59 PM..
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #21
In Search of a Life

yeah, im ordering the PC game. ill wait a month, but its a no brainer. Look at the PC video of the game, looks ****ing amazing.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #22
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Just saw that all console versions (PS4, PS4P, Xbox One and Xbox One X) will be locked to 30 FPS to ensure a level playing field (same experience) across all platforms or some shit like that.

PC has uncapped FPS.

Yeah, when I saw that I was thinking "What's the point of buying a $500 console if you can't even utilize it?" The only reason I would buy an X1X is for the UHD 4k native blu ray player and the eventual backwards compatibility.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
Captain Kick Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Yeah, when I saw that I was thinking "What's the point of buying a $500 console if you can't even utilize it?" The only reason I would buy an X1X is for the UHD 4k native blu ray player and the eventual backwards compatibility.
I'm rocking a PS Pro and playing in 4k is a definite selling point IMO.
jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #24

Beta drops tomorrow for PS4 @ 10am PT, boiis and guurls.
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:44 PM   #25
oxymoron

So I didn't play the beta a ton, but I really liked everything I did. If there'd been some patrol open like Old Russia was in the D1 beta I'd have logged more time, but really I only did the story mission on each class and ran through the strike once. Which is fine. No point in burning out on one story mission and one control map 6 weeks before launch. I thought Homecoming was at least comparable to the best missions in D1 (better than any IMO, actually) and I thought inverted spire was fun to play through. So all-in-all happy with my preorder.

IGN posted this today, and this is exactly the kind of stuff I am looking most forward to...

keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #26
Veteran

My experience has been about the same as Keg's. I really liked the first mission. Still not sure how I'm feeling about the changes in PvP, but as I get used to it and SBMM kicks in I'm sure it's going to be just fine.
DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #27
oxymoron

Other than being all 4x4, I wouldn't worry much about PvP. The build for beta was months old, and they'd already been tuning cooldowns, etc, long before any open beta feedback. I'm sure play in general will feel a little more like the first game by the time it's live. Although I never really thought the gameplay was a big issue this weekend. Not once I got used to everything.

This beta felt much more like an actual beta and not like a demo, which was what the original game's beta basically was. This time seemed to be about getting lots of players for testing/stressing architecture and infrastructure.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #28
Shaken. Not stirred.

Not overly impressed at this point. The new mechanics are odd. The game moves slower. The strike is boring as ****.

Really sucks for the people that only play PvE because there is nothing to do in the beta if you have played the strike more than twice. It really seems that they are only working on PvP.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Not overly impressed at this point. The new mechanics are odd. The game moves slower. The strike is boring as ****.

Really sucks for the people that only play PvE because there is nothing to do in the beta if you have played the strike more than twice. It really seems that they are only working on PvP.

They are ****ing up by not balancing PVP and PVE separately. We're supposed to feel like God destroyers so why not have us badass (at end game levels) in PVE and on a lower level in PVP (since we're all God killing, undead, space magic wielding warriors)? Feels too much like Halo. Movement feels clunky and slow. Supers come way too late in matches. Its at the point where I feel like Im rushing to use it instead of trying to save it to turn a match or win an impossible encounter.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #30
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
They are ****ing up by not balancing PVP and PVE separately. We're supposed to feel like God destroyers so why not have us badass (at end game levels) in PVE and on a lower level in PVP (since we're all God killing, undead, space magic wielding warriors)? Feels too much like Halo. Movement feels clunky and slow. Supers come way too late in matches. Its at the point where I feel like Im rushing to use it instead of trying to save it to turn a match or win an impossible encounter.
I really don't understand all this focus on PVP over PvE. There is no reason not to separate them. I don't believe for a second it can't be done. If so, its very poor game design.