Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2017, 12:16 PM  
I'll be back.

***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***

AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

Last edited by Hammock Parties; 10-07-2018 at 11:37 PM..
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #616
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I mentioned it in one of the draft threads on Mahomes but man this puts it into perfect focus.

The baseball background with him is remarkably obvious. A baseball player is going to have 15 different arm angles he can throw from (especially if he ever played infield). They can sling it from a dozen different throwing platforms and with their bodies pointed in all kinds of weird directions.

Lifelong 'Quarterback only' guys don't do that. They're mechanically precise and clean as can be in their delivery, but the maelstrom will kill them because they need a steady throwing platform.

Mahomes arm strength is unique but it took the baseball training for him to be able to make some of those crazy ass flip throws he's making with his body all contorted. Dude's a rush, man.

Side note - he still throws off his back foot without needing to more often than I'd like. Small nit to pick but he does it. He's also still a little slow in getting rid of the ball; not quite in rhythm.

That all said, he's better in both regards than he was in the pre-season. A year of coaching is evident and he's improved significantly because of it. This kid is going to be an absolute monster as more and more of those rough edges are smoothed out but his ability to make something from nothing shines.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #617
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Is there another DB behind Harris?
No. There's 11, one is just covered up by a Chiefs receiver.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:15 AM   #618

Quote:
Is there another DB behind Harris? I count 10 Broncos in that clip so 1 is missing somewhere.

Kid just needs to focus on setting his feet and throwing properly. Probably why t was underthrown.
No, there's 11 on the screen.

But Clay's wrong - that was a bad decision. He was hucking it as he was moving backwards to avoid pressure and made the number one mistake you do not make in that situation - late and over the middle.

If that wasn't a bad decision, then no such animal exists. He got lucky.

I won't knock him for the pick he did throw because that was a fine decision that he just didn't execute well - shit happens with rookies. I'll take execution errors when a guy's running the offense and making plays. But that wasn't an execution error - it was a mental one. The kind he can learn to avoid going forward.

Fortunately Andy and Nagy won't be making excuses for him on the tape like Clay will do. He'll learn from that and be better for it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #619
I'll be back.

He wasn't getting hit. If he throws it 10 yards farther it's six points. He knows he can throw that ball 10 yards farther so he's going to take that shot every time.

I can live with that.

I think maybe he just got excited and tried to get rid of it TOO fast and it affected the throw.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #620
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Is there another DB behind Harris? I count 10 Broncos in that clip so 1 is missing somewhere.

Kid just needs to focus on setting his feet and throwing properly. Probably why t was underthrown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
No. There's 11, one is just covered up by a Chiefs receiver.
Here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-02 11_17_50-Chiefs ___OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread___ - Page 8 - ChiefsPlanet.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	115682  
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #621
Rookie

THE FUTURE IS HERE
tomahaw is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.tomahaw is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.tomahaw is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.tomahaw is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.tomahaw is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.tomahaw is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #622
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
He's the guy realizing the Donks are ****ed for 15 years.

This is awesome.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #623

Quote:
He wasn't getting hit. If he throws it 10 yards farther it's six points. He knows he can throw that ball 10 yards farther so he's going to take that shot every time.

I can live with that.

I think maybe he just got excited and tried to get rid of it TOO fast and it affected the throw.
He needed to put it 55 yards in the air over the middle off his back foot.

He connects on that throw one time in 10. Wanna try it on 3rd and 17 from the 50? Sure, you do you, boo. But that decision on 1st down when you're a simple swing pass away from a game-winning FG was a bad one. Situational football is huge and that was a really REALLY bad demonstration of situational football.

For perspective, the throw he made to Robinson was about 25 yards in the air off his back foot. He needed to more than double that throw (which was incredible) and do it over the middle of the field.

It was a silly decision.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #624
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Yep, if he's in starting mid season, no way we lose to Giants, Bills, Jets...We'd be on a bye this week.
That's a bit much, the D blew the Jets game. There's no real way to say what would have happened.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #625
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Holy butt****ing christ this kid is insane.

That second gif is normally a for sure sack or a short scramble.

Open WRs be dammed.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #626
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He needed to put it 55 yards in the air over the middle off his back foot.

He connects on that throw one time in 10. Wanna try it on 3rd and 17 from the 50? Sure, you do you, boo. But that decision on 1st down when you're a simple swing pass away from a game-winning FG was a bad one. Situational football is huge and that was a really REALLY bad demonstration of situational football.

For perspective, the throw he made to Robinson was about 25 yards in the air off his back foot. He needed to more than double that throw (which was incredible) and do it over the middle of the field.

It was a silly decision.
I agree except for the part that he connects on that throw one time out of 10. I think he could connect with a better ratio than that, like 1 out of 3.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #627

Another note - the most 'air yards' traveled on a complete pass this year was 61 yards on a Goff throw to Watkins (I think the TD ended up being around 65 yards after dropback and YAC yards but the throw went 61 yards in the air).

Goff had his legs set and put everything he had into the throw. That was the outer boundary of completed passes this year - and you're saying that Mahomes has so much arm strength that he should be attempting a throw 90% as long off his back foot while on the run into double coverage over the middle?

Dude - calm down. It's okay to say the guy made a mistake. He absolutely, unquestionably made a mistake there. That was not a good decision by any stretch.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #628
I'll be back.

I’m still fine with it if he gathers him self a little and gets his momentum going forwards instead of backwards. I think he can absolutely throw it 55 yards if he does that. He just rushed it.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
I agree except for the part that he connects on that throw one time out of 10. I think he could connect with a better ratio than that, like 1 out of 3.
You're out of your mind.

I think I'm being generous on 1 in 10 and presuming that a receiver just makes a great play and takes it away. His best bet there was PI if the DB didn't get his head turned and Harris came back through him to get the ball.

Clay thinks he underthrew him because he didn't think he had to throw it harder - I think he underthrew him because Jesus...he threw it 50+ yards off his back foot while falling away from the throw, what the hell do you think he can do?

He put all the raw arm strength he had into that throw - it just came up short because of course it came up short. The guy has a brilliant arm but that's a throw that most guys can't get 40 yards downfield with as badly as he was contorted.

He had no business attempting that pass.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #630
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Being a huge douchelord to an Arrowhead fixture is no way to endear yourself to anyone... stevieray might as well be a piece of furniture at Arrowhead, thats how well he is known there

Try disagreeing without being a dick about it...
He's some dipshit mult, ROR maybe, but I'm not sure.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.