Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 PM  
GBM 8-12-15

Covers you like better than the original.

I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me.

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #226
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Last one, another Radiohead cover. Climbing the Walls. The video is pretty crazy, and the music is dark. Such a good song.
Are the Easystar Allstars unaware that Radiohead made albums other than OK Computer?
Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.Portlantis is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #227
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlantis View Post
Are the Easystar Allstars unaware that Radiohead made albums other than OK Computer?
I actually think that there are a great number of people who are unaware that Radiohead made other albums other than OK Computer.
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #228
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure they do. Perhaps Cooch likes these particular covers. Asshole.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #229
In Search of a Life

When I first read that I thought you meant meaning either Andy Reid, or possibly the Craig T. Nelson character. I thought, that's a weird reference.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #230
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Hall and Oates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oudPWa3dtQc
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #231
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
They actually didn't whole cover cd of OK Computer redone in reggae. They also redid Dark Side of the Moon, Sgt Peppers, and Thriller. But to me the best whole cd redone in reggae was Radio Riddler's Purple Reggae (Purple Rain).
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #232
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

This is my favorite version of this song even though GNR one is pretty damn good.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #233

Free your mind and your ass will follow ~ Maggot Brain I love this song

R.I.P. Eddie Hazel

Buckethead & Lili Haydn on violin ~ this one is my favorite
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #234

Old 09-26-2015, 07:21 PM   #235
Starter

Blonde's Heart of Glass was good
Chuck Fargers is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chuck Fargers is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chuck Fargers is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #236
Niner Trash

I prefer Terrible Ted's "Baby Please Don't Go" to the Van Morrison original.

I prefer George Thoroughgood's "Who Do You Love" to the Doors original.

I prefer Rod Stewart's "Twisting the Night Away" to the Sam Cooke original.

I prefer Santana's "Black Magic Woman" to the Fleetwood Mac original.
Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #237
Niner Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
I was listening to an NPR interview with Margo Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies and they do their hit "Misguided Angel" completely different than how it was originally recorded based on just her perceptions of the situation as presented in the song and how time would have changed those perceptions. It went from love to regret and it's a terrific re-interpretation of the original by the same artist.

Also, artists will change how they do songs a lot based on how someone has covered their original. Go listen to the "Crazy In Love" cover that I posted by Antony and the Johnsons and then go listen to how Beyonce re-did her original for the movie "50 Shades of Grey." She basically covered the cover.
OK. Will do.
Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:07 AM   #238
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I felt it a bit too 'large'. Says this Zeppelin fan.

But it freaking awesome and the boys loved it. Obama was groovin and there was a women with palms towards Jesus.

Jimmy mouthing the notes during the solo is so great. I can't imagine how nervous I would have been if I were that guitarist.

And Anne's voice! Damn.
I loved the Asian dude with eyes closed just feeling the power.
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:00 AM   #239
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
One dude/band (Antony and the Johnsons) with two of my favorite covers of all time. I'll listen to these two songs all night long sometimes...:

For respecting the work as much as you obviously do, you seem to have no respect for the artist.
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:11 AM
rocknrolla
This message has been deleted by rocknrolla.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #240
Starter

the Rolling Stones cover of Robert johnson's
""stop breaking down blues" and the Clash's cover of " police and thieves". both epic.
nicksdad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.nicksdad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.nicksdad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.nicksdad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.nicksdad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.nicksdad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.