Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Year two of the Barry Odom era begins in a little over a month.

2017 Schedule:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball says 6-6 w/ two SEC wins (SC @ home and @Vandy).

Recruiting:

Bold=Signed LOI

Spoiler!

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 02-07-2018 at 10:01 AM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #721
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Everyone has trash team games.....if you are going to go down that slippery slope then you have to start assigning points for "quality wins" vs. "non-quality wins"...plus you have to look at "quality losses" vs. "non-quality losses".

I think you have to look at it this way....Mizzou did in the last 4 games what they should do against teams like that....nothing more, nothing less.

I choose to look at it as an opportunity for this team to get to a bowl game to have those extra practices in December and to put some positive mojo on the recruiting trail.
No, it's about understanding and accepting the situation and keeping realistic.

The idea of winning 7 games this year is fantastic, even with an easy ass back-half schedule. Take the wins and don't apologize for it, but I think it's a bit silly to go back and start rambling off teams that we would beat "with this current team" that we lost to. This team still has a lot of warts.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #722
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Would be against a Big 12 team.

Mizzou vs Kansas State would be fun.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #723
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Saying "definitely" would have beat U.K., South Carolina and Purdue is too strong. I'll agree with that.

I'd like Missouri's chances in any of those games if they were played again. There have been some major changes that have elevated Missouri's play since those early season games:

1) Terry Beckner, Jr is healthy and confident he is healthy. He has returned to being a disruptive force. That really didn't start until the Georgia game.

AJ Logan is also no longer being held out. He's not a star, but he has made a difference in the run D and in occupying blockers.

2) Young blood in the back 7 on D has improved play. It's still a weakness, but guys are at least in the spots they're supposed to be in and making plays.

3) Larry Rountree has earned major PT in the run game and in the return game. He has ignited both. He's better than Crockett.

4) more young blood at DE. Tre Williams and Chris Turner have forced their way into the rotation at DE and have also been more disruptive forces.

5) Odom taking over the D has improved the unit overall. The players hated DeMontie Cross, and he was a detrimental factor. Poor effort, breakdowns, poor assignment football. It took him some time, but Odom's supervision has cleaned up a lot of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:36 PM   #724
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Correlation may not be causation, but Logan's return sure seems to have made a difference
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #725
In Search of a Life

Gonna wait and see how they play in a bowl game.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:12 AM   #726
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Saying "definitely" would have beat U.K., South Carolina and Purdue is too strong. I'll agree with that.

I'd like Missouri's chances in any of those games if they were played again. There have been some major changes that have elevated Missouri's play since those early season games:

1) Terry Beckner, Jr is healthy and confident he is healthy. He has returned to being a disruptive force. That really didn't start until the Georgia game.

AJ Logan is also no longer being held out. He's not a star, but he has made a difference in the run D and in occupying blockers.

2) Young blood in the back 7 on D has improved play. It's still a weakness, but guys are at least in the spots they're supposed to be in and making plays.

3) Larry Rountree has earned major PT in the run game and in the return game. He has ignited both. He's better than Crockett.

4) more young blood at DE. Tre Williams and Chris Turner have forced their way into the rotation at DE and have also been more disruptive forces.

5) Odom taking over the D has improved the unit overall. The players hated DeMontie Cross, and he was a detrimental factor. Poor effort, breakdowns, poor assignment football. It took him some time, but Odom's supervision has cleaned up a lot of issues.

Crazy to think that if they started the season playing like they are now, they could be 8-2 with the only losses to Auburn & Georgia. They would be ranked from 10th-20th. Crazy.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:18 AM   #727
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Crazy to think that if they started the season playing like they are now, they could be 8-2 with the only losses to Auburn & Georgia. They would be ranked from 10th-20th. Crazy.
All I know is that they would have destroyed Kentucky under all conceivable alternative scenarios.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:28 AM   #728
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
All I know is that they would have destroyed Kentucky under all conceivable alternative scenarios.
Yes they would
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #729
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Correlation may not be causation, but Logan's return sure seems to have made a difference
Terez Hall earning more responsibility has also solidified the LB corps to a phenomenal degree. It's allowed Brandon Lee to utilize his athleticism a bit more and has allowed Garrett to concentrate a bit more on simply being a powerful anchor in the middle; he's not being asked to work in space quite as much.

The entire LB corps has really firmed up but I think it would fall apart again if Hall were to get injured.

As for next year...man, you worry that they're going to have to go through a lot of this all over again because Beckner's almost certainly going to leave and if/when he does (and Frazier graduates), they'll need to find an entirely different plan of attack on the front line. They'll lose all 4 of their present starters. While I don't think Harold's going to be that tough to replace, the other 3 won't be easy, especially not all at once.

Williams will obviously have to be a huge part of that but who mans the middle? They simply don't have anyone with Beckner's explosion or Logan's raw strength. And that's presuming someone like Turner can step up to replace Frazier. The DL may be awfully messy so it's a damn good thing they seem to have a bit of stability and performance at LB right now.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #730
On Hiatus

Quote:

Of those 3 teams the only one I am confident we would beat is Kentucky. The other 2 we would make it a good game but not as confident as I am we would beat Kentucky.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #731
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Mizzou vs Kansas State would be fun.
That's assuming if K-State can get bowl eligible. I'm not confident that they will against Oklahoma State and Iowa State......

Plus, K-State has a lot of issues across the board.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #732
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Terez Hall earning more responsibility has also solidified the LB corps to a phenomenal degree. It's allowed Brandon Lee to utilize his athleticism a bit more and has allowed Garrett to concentrate a bit more on simply being a powerful anchor in the middle; he's not being asked to work in space quite as much.

The entire LB corps has really firmed up but I think it would fall apart again if Hall were to get injured.

As for next year...man, you worry that they're going to have to go through a lot of this all over again because Beckner's almost certainly going to leave and if/when he does (and Frazier graduates), they'll need to find an entirely different plan of attack on the front line. They'll lose all 4 of their present starters. While I don't think Harold's going to be that tough to replace, the other 3 won't be easy, especially not all at once.

Williams will obviously have to be a huge part of that but who mans the middle? They simply don't have anyone with Beckner's explosion or Logan's raw strength. And that's presuming someone like Turner can step up to replace Frazier. The DL may be awfully messy so it's a damn good thing they seem to have a bit of stability and performance at LB right now.

I'm excited about Williams and Chris Turner - who is a real freak of nature and really stands out in person at DE. In the middle, if Beckner is gone as expected,
I think they do have some players with the potential/upside to be really good.

Akial Byers was an Alabama lean/commit at one point, and ended up at Mizzou because they stayed on him even when it looked like he had no chance to qualify. He's been playing more of late and really flashing.

Jordan Elliott played as a true freshman for Texas and transferred to Mizzou because of Brick Haley. He was an Army AA and has been really dominant in practice, from what I've heard.

And then you have Whiteside and Utsey, who have been solid as freshman. Lot of questions at that spot, but a lot of potential answers.

duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #733
Starter

Quote:
I'm excited about Williams and Chris Turner - who is a real freak of nature and really stands out in person at DE. In the middle, if Beckner is gone as expected,
I think they do have some players with the potential/upside to be really good.

Akial Byers was an Alabama lean/commit at one point, and ended up at Mizzou because they stayed on him even when it looked like he had no chance to qualify. He's been playing more of late and really flashing.

Jordan Elliott played as a true freshman for Texas and transferred to Mizzou because of Brick Haley. He was an Army AA and has been really dominant in practice, from what I've heard.

And then you have Whiteside and Utsey, who have been solid as freshman. Lot of questions at that spot, but a lot of potential answers.

I've heard a lot of good things about Kobie Whiteside. Specifically that he is freakishly strong and has a pre-2017 Tamba Hali-like work ethic.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #734
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
I've heard a lot of good things about Kobie Whiteside. Specifically that he is freakishly strong and has a pre-2017 Tamba Hali-like work ethic.
I think Whiteside is going to be a monster.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #735
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Alternatively, Antar Thompson could re-commit 4 years after the first time he committed...

What a crazy story that's been.

DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote