Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2017, 02:23 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****

Back up in your ass with the resurrection. Follow the Cuonzo Martin era here.

Recruiting Commitments:

2017:
Michael Porter Jr., SF, *****, Gatorade National Player of the Year
CJ Roberts, PG, ****
Blake Harris, PG, ***/****
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C, ****
Kassius Robertson, Grad Transfer
Jontay Porter (possible re-classification from Class of '18), ****

Departures: No one that matters
Returning Players: No one that matters

Overall class ranking: #6 nationally.

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 05-25-2017 at 07:20 PM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #721
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post
So... guess the chances of his coming back are less than zero, right?
I wouldn't.

If he leaves now, he's almost certainly a top 10 pick still. Maybe even top 5 depending on who shows out this year.

If he sticks around for another year and aggravates the injury, he could fall out of the first round altogether.

If he goes in the top 10, he has a guaranteed $7 million payday. Meanwhile if he works it all the way up to 5, he gets around $10. Top 3 starts to get bigger chunks at $12-16 million but if I got a top 10 grade, I'm not sure I'd risk $7 million to get $12. Especially when that contract is mostly the earnings floor for him. If he goes 10 and has a successful 4 year stretch, he'd be looking at a potential $100 million deal; tens of millions at the very least.

The stay/go decision is going to be based on the floor, IMO. And his floor is still 'not have to work again for the rest of his life' money.

I'd go.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I mean ****, man. When you put it that way....

But seriously, have any of us doubted that being a sports fan is a shitty investment? I've tried to quit by sports are ****ing opioids. I've walked away from the Cardinals, Blues, Chiefs and Tigers over the last 8 years or so and none of them ever stuck. It came close with the Blues but then they rebuilt and rebuilds are always fun to follow - THE PROMISE OF YOUTH AND A BRIGHT FUTURE!!! (of course, that rebuild ended up with the most frustrating bunch of mopey bitches to date; **** off, Oshie).

I've only ever managed to completely divest of a single rooting interest and that was Dale Earnhardt Jr. after he went to Hendrick. And that only stuck because 3 years later I didn't watch racing at all; simply didn't care anymore. Yet somehow when I was scrolling through twitter and saw that Martin Truex Jrs former teammate at DEI won the championship, I was oddly happy for him. Team loyalty still existed even in a 'sport' I couldn't give a large rat's ass about anymore.

No, I'm ****ed. But best of luck to you...
On the fringe sports spectrum, I'm also a huge Mickelson fan, which is its own special kind of Hell.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #723

If it was your kid, would you want him to risk all that security?
Old 11-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #724
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post
So... guess the chances of his coming back are less than zero, right?
For a recent, very similar comparison, look to Joel Embiid. It would have been a colossal mistake to stay - after the back injury it was foot surgery, and no one would have touched him with any serious thoughts he would have a long career.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #725
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
If it was your kid, would you want him to risk all that security?
Oh hell no, my kid would be gone.
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #726
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
I wouldn't.

If he leaves now, he's almost certainly a top 10 pick still. Maybe even top 5 depending on who shows out this year.

If he sticks around for another year and aggravates the injury, he could fall out of the first round altogether.

If he goes in the top 10, he has a guaranteed $7 million payday. Meanwhile if he works it all the way up to 5, he gets around $10. Top 3 starts to get bigger chunks at $12-16 million but if I got a top 10 grade, I'm not sure I'd risk $7 million to get $12. Especially when that contract is mostly the earnings floor for him. If he goes 10 and has a successful 4 year stretch, he'd be looking at a potential $100 million deal; tens of millions at the very least.

The stay/go decision is going to be based on the floor, IMO. And his floor is still 'not have to work again for the rest of his life' money.

I'd go.
Exactly. It's over. Just terrible news.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #727
MVP

Spoiler!
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #728
Stay positive, don't give up

This is bullshit. I assume this doesn't effect his nba draft stock much? I assume zero chance he comes back.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #729
MVP

Quote:
I mean ****, man. When you put it that way....

But seriously, have any of us doubted that being a sports fan is a shitty investment? I've tried to quit by sports are ****ing opioids. I've walked away from the Cardinals, Blues, Chiefs and Tigers over the last 8 years or so and none of them ever stuck. It came close with the Blues but then they rebuilt and rebuilds are always fun to follow - THE PROMISE OF YOUTH AND A BRIGHT FUTURE!!! (of course, that rebuild ended up with the most frustrating bunch of mopey bitches to date; **** off, Oshie).

I've only ever managed to completely divest of a single rooting interest and that was Dale Earnhardt Jr. after he went to Hendrick. And that only stuck because 3 years later I didn't watch racing at all; simply didn't care anymore. Yet somehow when I was scrolling through twitter and saw that Martin Truex Jrs former teammate at DEI won the championship, I was oddly happy for him. Team loyalty still existed even in a 'sport' I couldn't give a large rat's ass about anymore.

No, I'm ****ed. But best of luck to you...
It pays off for Pats fans

If our football team wasn't bowling I may have just quit

Who would have thought? Barry Odom saving my fandom
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #730
Court Jester

Probably not that big of a deal. If he was really that good, he wouldn’t have gone to Mizzou.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #731
MVP

Hey at least he got some recruits for Mizzou.
DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #732
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Probably not that big of a deal. If he was really that good, he wouldn’t have gone to Mizzou.
Dumb ass right here.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:03 PM   #733
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Overall, I'm thinking this should be a good time for me to tap out of caring about sports.

It's a huge investment of time and emotional energy for a constant supply of anxiety, disappointment, and misery.

I said it when the Cardinals won the 2011 World Series, but I was too stupid to follow my own advice. It would never get better than that.

Since then, by rooting interests have been nothing but an unending series of disasters and tragedies. Deaths, injuries, murders, choke jobs, and collapses.

The Cardinals lost their best position prospect in 15 years to a ****ing drunk driving accident, blew a 3-1 lead in the NLCS to a shit team, lost to a Red Sox team (again) that sandwiched that title around last place finishes, and got totally surpassed by the ****ing Cubs. Meanwhile, every team since 2013 has gotten progressively worse.

Mizzou basketball cobbled together one inspired season from a group of jilted seniors, only to suffer the most embarrassing loss in the history of the program to the worst team that has ever won an NCAA tournament game, which they then followed up with a scandal only to then hire the worst coach arguably in Power 5 history. And when they finally do turn it around (it appears) the best player they've ever had, they best player they'll EVER have, a hometown kid with stellar character, blows out his back after two minutes.

And Mizzou football is perhaps the one to be most optimistic about, when the ceiling for the next half decade is probably second best team in a bad division.

But hey, maybe Drew Lock will stay around for his senior year and get drafted by the Browns so that they can ruin him. Or maybe he and Beckner will both declare and a ****ing asteroid will hit the training facility during their pro days so that they can be robbed of success at the next level, too.
Noticed you didn't mention the Chiefs hmm
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #734
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
On the fringe sports spectrum, I'm also a huge Mickelson fan, which is its own special kind of Hell.
What? 5 majors, 40+ wins, record number of Ryder teams, HOF. That isn't hell
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #735
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAC View Post
Hey at least he got some recruits for Mizzou.
he did. Jontay and Tilmon don’t happen without him. Hell, Harris doesn’t happen without him. He’s already paid dividends.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.