Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: Which Interstate would you choose for your road trip?
I-66 - 7 days, 76 miles through VA and DC 2 10.53%
I-86 - 7 days, 63 miles through ID 7 36.84%
I-97 - 7 days, 18 miles through MD 0 0%
I-35 - 11 days, 1,568 miles through TX, OK, KS, MO, IA, and MN 8 42.11%
I'll stay home, thanks. 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2020, 12:29 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Interstate Road Trip Tournament, Round 1, Heat 14.

Just a little offseason exercise. There are 80 different Interstate highways in the USA (including Puerto Rico). Which one would be best for a road trip?

I've set the rules as follows (in spoiler for those of you who've read them already]:

Spoiler!

Your next two competitors are:

Option 1 - I-66 from Front Royal, VA, to Washington, DC
7 Day Trip
76 miles, 11 miles per day on average
Passes through Manassas Battlefield

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_66

Option 2 - I-86 from Declo, ID, to Chubbuck, ID
7 Day Trip
63 miles, 9 miles per day on average
Passes through American Falls and the Snake River Valley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_86_(Idaho)

Option 3 - I-97 from Annapolis, MD, to Glen Burnie, MD
7 Day Trip
18 miles, 3 miles per day on average
Passes through eastern Maryland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_97

Option 4 - I-35 from Laredo, TX, to Duluth, MN
11 Day Trip
1,568 miles, 143 miles per day on average
Passes through San Antonio, Austin, Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, Wichita, Kansas City, Des Moines, and St. Paul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_35
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:36 AM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Well, I've done I-86 and I don't think I'd spend a week there. I-97 is interesting because of Annapolis, but not much else. So it comes down to a short road trip through Virginia or a really long one across the middle of the country.

I've always wanted to visit Laredo and Duluth on the two ends of I-35. I've got friends in Austin and I could stop for a game in Kansas City. So it's intriguing, but man, that's a long drive.

Now, I-66 in Virginia is a very different trip. I bet there's interesting historic stuff along the route, and Manassas would be interesting. And of course we've go DC on one end, which is a great city to visit.

I think I'd do the slow and easy road trip along I-66, though I'd hate to miss I-35.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:13 AM   #3
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Living in Austin I have always wanted to take the trip north to Austin, MN so I have to go with I-35. Would love to spend the time in DC but how much of that is within 10 miles of the interstate?
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:23 AM   #4
I am Number Six

I don't even know how I-97 qualifies as an INTERstate since it's completely within one state. Maybe an INTRAstate Hightway . . . (and it's boring. Nothing but subdivisions on either side all the way.)

I-66 isn't much more interesting Sure, there's Manassass, Fairfax, and DC, but don't let the length fool you. Depending on traffic, you might need the entire week just to get the hell out of the DC Metroplex . . .

I'd have to go with the I-35 drive just because it's a real interstate trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Well, I've done I-86 and I don't think I'd spend a week there. I-97 is interesting because of Annapolis, but not much else. So it comes down to a short road trip through Virginia or a really long one across the middle of the country.

I've always wanted to visit Laredo and Duluth on the two ends of I-35. I've got friends in Austin and I could stop for a game in Kansas City. So it's intriguing, but man, that's a long drive.

Now, I-66 in Virginia is a very different trip. I bet there's interesting historic stuff along the route, and Manassas would be interesting. And of course we've go DC on one end, which is a great city to visit.

I think I'd do the slow and easy road trip along I-66, though I'd hate to miss I-35.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
It was not a fair catch

When you end in Duluth, eat at Grandmas. Then head up the North shore.
Eat at Betty's Pies.
Stop here https://www.mnhs.org/splitrock
Play golf at Superior National.
Eat a pastie.
End at Grand Marias.

The best drive in the state.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.