Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:55 AM   #1936
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
In the end I think the Chiefs are gonna have McConkey and Worthy in their range for a trade up or staying.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Veach go after Worthy even with some concerns about body type. Veach was all over Ruggs a few years ago and Worthy is just like him.

They want that Tyreek element back in the offense
Or they simply wont go WR in round 1, which i think is more likely.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:00 PM   #1937
Veteran

Let’s assume the chiefs take a wr at 64. Who do yall think is available and who would you pick?
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:04 PM   #1938
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Or they simply wont go WR in round 1, which i think is more likely.
In his 6 years as GM, Brett Veach has not emphasized the position as important.

An illustration is he was picking up and spending money on defensive depth players with no known number 1 or 2 WRs on the roster.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:07 PM   #1939
Veteran

I think these guys are all locks for the first round.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.
2. Malik Nabers
3. Rome Odunze
4. Brian Thomas Jr.
5. Adonai Mitchell
6. Xavier Worthy

These guys have a shot at going in round 1, but all three won't make it in.

1. Keon Coleman
2. Ladd McConkey
3. Troy Franklin
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:07 PM   #1940
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

An illustration is he was picking up and spending money on defensive depth players with no known number 1 or 2 WRs on the roster.
Agreed. And im not sure its so much a Veach thing but rather a Reid thing. This pattern goes back to Philly.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:19 PM   #1941
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

First off, he invested 3 day 2 picks in the position since trading Tyreek, so let's stop pretending that they haven't invested in the position the last couple of years. The bigger issue is that only 1/3 panned out. Not to mention that his first big move as GM was signing Watkins when they already had Tyreek and Kelce.

As for the second part of this post, those "defensive depth players" are a big reason we just won our 3rd SB in 5 years you cry baby bitch. I know SBs don't count for you unless they're scoring 30+ throughout the playoffs, but you still sound like a dumbass crying about it.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:25 PM   #1942
Generational Player

Quote:
Agreed. And im not sure its so much a Veach thing but rather a Reid thing. This pattern goes back to Philly.
I think you're right that Reid has been doing this for a while but it might be that Veach is even more hardcore about not investing in WR.

Brett said the trade Tyreek Hill idea was his and he had to sell Andy on the concept.

Imagine how great of a defense we can build seems to be a Veach preoccupation.

He did a good job of doing it but if you're going to do a defensive build you still need more than what he provided the offense.

We haven't done well with the skill draft picks.

We haven't used enough picks or taken chances on WR's later like Mooney, Duvernay, Nacua, Shakir, etc

We haven't invested enough in FA.

And JuJu was our big "hit" and it was just a solid choice.

MVS was an obviously bad contract the moment it signed.

We haven't added good value players at WR either.

It's going to take a lot of change and I fear you could be right.

I don't think we should do another year of treading water because this offense is THIN.

We are depending on an older Kelce who already looked old most of last year and Pacheco who takes a lot of physical abuse.

I would prefer a plan that not only adds this year but gives us hope for the future on offense.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:36 PM   #1943
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Probably bc history shows WR’s aren’t what’s moving the needle in the playoffs.

Ask Miami how that went with Waddle/Tyreek or Cincy in 2022 with Chase/Higgins?

Tom Brady won 6 super bowls in NE and none of them were with Randy Moss. Mahomes has won more Super bowls without Tyreek than with him.

Andy famously said in Philly “ Andy Reid told Philadelphia, I want two offensive tackles, a quarterback, two pass rushers, two corners, and I'll figure the rest out.”

That seems to be his priority. And who could blame him after what they just did in 2023?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:39 PM   #1944
In Search of a Life

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a swing at WR on day 2 every year. Packers and Steelers are probably 2 of the best organizations when it comes to drafting and developing WRs, and that's exactly how they've done it.

We are constantly picking at 29-32. The difference between the WRs that are available outside of the top 20 and those that go in the 2nd round is minimal. The hit rate is about the same.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:47 PM   #1945
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Probably bc history shows WR’s aren’t what’s moving the needle in the playoffs.

Ask Miami how that went with Waddle/Tyreek or Cincy in 2022 with Chase/Higgins?

Tom Brady won 6 super bowls in NE and none of them were with Randy Moss. Mahomes has won more Super bowls without Tyreek than with him.

Andy famously said in Philly “ Andy Reid told Philadelphia, I want two offensive tackles, a quarterback, two pass rushers, two corners, and I'll figure the rest out.”

That seems to be his priority. And who could blame him after what they just did in 2023?
The Chiefs have never won a SB without an elite weapon on offense.

The first SB they had two HOF weapons in Tyreek and Kelce and the last two years it was Kelce.

The only other team to go the the SB recently from the AFC was Cincinnati.

They don't go without Chase and Higgins.

The other two SB winners include the LA Rams who had Cooper Kupp and OBJ playing at an elite level at WR and Tampa Bay who had Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, and Gronk.

Sorry, but your 1970's mentality isn't how it works anymore.

And even with Kelce playing at en elite level in last year's playoffs and the emergence of Rice later in the year the KC offense went 16 straight drives in the AFC Championship and SB without scoring a TD.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:48 PM   #1946
Veteran

I honestly don't know how much value I put in Veach's past moves as an indication of what he'll do. He seems to throw curveballs each year. If he doesn't go WR this year maybe that really is a habit, but let's see. CB wasn't a R1 priority until it was.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:53 PM   #1947
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a swing at WR on day 2 every year. Packers and Steelers are probably 2 of the best organizations when it comes to drafting and developing WRs, and that's exactly how they've done it.

We are constantly picking at 29-32. The difference between the WRs that are available outside of the top 20 and those that go in the 2nd round is minimal. The hit rate is about the same.
Yup. Rashee Rice is well positioned to be an elite weapon after Kelce retires. There’s no way anybody with a brain could not think this after what we saw from him as a rookie.

He’s only going to get better.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:33 PM   #1948
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Crow, I’d love to see your version of what potato has done below. Here are a few thoughts on this order. Thanks potato.

- I think Burton falls some here. He didn’t validate himself as deep threat with that 40 and this is a big class for WRs and he’s 6’. Plus Burton may have some emotional intelligence issues? I still like Burton if he’s available in the late third. The 2nd might be too high for him?

- Coleman might fall with that 4.61 40. I like Coleman. He seems like an easy WR to project what he can do. He’s a football player with great hands and his talent shows better on tape than at the combine but I’m not sure where he goes. Is he the next anquan bolden?

- Franklin might have benefited from the scheme in college and his 40 didn’t validate him. I’m not sure where he goes. Probably mid to late 2nd?

- I don’t see pearsall making it past us in the 2nd. He’s probably mid 2nd also?

- you don’t have the 5th round here but I could see Anthony Gould be a valuable punt returner and slot prospect for us. He’s tiny in the Josh downs size mold but slightly smaller. He’s 5’8” and 176 but he can fly. Combine number of 4.39 40, 1.49 10 yard split, 39.5” vert and a 10’9” broad.
Hoping to see Crow's version as well!

With Burton, I think he's confident not a head case. 0 drops last season, precise route runner, I think he know's he a legit WR with advanced skill set and get's a little chippy bc he's a smaller guy, will play slot in future. Would love a legit #1 WR for the outside + Burton as our new slot. He's what Moore was supposed to be I think.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:18 PM   #1949
Indian Twitter

Which one of these guys can run WASP and go get the ball?
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:09 PM   #1950
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Hoping to see Crow's version as well!

With Burton, I think he's confident not a head case. 0 drops last season, precise route runner, I think he know's he a legit WR with advanced skill set and get's a little chippy bc he's a smaller guy, will play slot in future. Would love a legit #1 WR for the outside + Burton as our new slot. He's what Moore was supposed to be I think.
I agree. Burton shows moxie. Not worried about his 40 time at all. His official time was 4.43 with a 1.53 10 yd split, which are great times. He was 3rd fastest overall in top speed in the combine at nearly reaching 24mph, beating out BTJ, Franklin, Means, Coleman, Pearsall.

His routes were crisp in and out, his gauntlet showed speed and great body control and the ability to adjust to passes high, low and behind. He had a fantastic combine. I'm glad he is still the sleeper.

Last edited by Abba-Dabba; 03-04-2024 at 04:16 PM..
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.