Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #7786
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Heard some absolute horror stories about plastic surgeons, dermatologists and other providers calling in huge scripts for their families, claiming they all had RA, which is not only not within their scope of practice, but ridiculous given that you only need 12 tabs for a course of treatment per some of the literature.
My understanding though is that global production capacity is pretty outstanding.

Yeah, we'll tap it in short order, but from what I can tell everyone seems confident that we'll be able to make a shitload of this in the near future.

What's the concept of 'off-label' mean? Does this mean that doctors or pharmacists can essentially prescribe it to anyone that tests positive while liberally utilizing the sympathetic use exception?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #7787
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
How about 25 million tests?
Or that either...
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #7788
MVP

Quote:
Heard some absolute horror stories about plastic surgeons, dermatologists and other providers calling in huge scripts for their families, claiming they all had RA, which is not only not within their scope of practice, but ridiculous given that you only need 12 tabs for a course of treatment per some of the literature.
Yeah taking it for more than ten days can be lethal.

I am still really optimistic about it, though. If it can accelerate recovery for 50% of patients, you eliminate exponential growth.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:05 PM   #7789
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

What's the concept of 'off-label' mean? Does this mean that doctors or pharmacists can essentially prescribe it to anyone that tests positive while liberally utilizing the sympathetic use exception?
This is a good question.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:07 PM   #7790
MVP

Quote:
My understanding though is that global production capacity is pretty outstanding.

Yeah, we'll tap it in short order, but from what I can tell everyone seems confident that we'll be able to make a shitload of this in the near future.

Technically, doctors can prescribe it liberally now. it's been around for 70 years. My friend has a bottle in his desk, because he went to Ghana for work in December.

I'm a little annoyed at the reporting on this. I totally get the "let's slow down, we haven't found a cure yet" but I read two articles talking about how deadly the medication can be...

if overdosed.

Or taken by infants.

You could say that about virtually any prescription drug, WTF
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:08 PM   #7791

Quote:
Mother ****ers! Are there any repercussions for this bullshit?
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #7792
Supporter

Quote:
Today was my last day at work for a while. My oncologist agreed that I need to self-isolate outside of infusion days for my chemo. I told my boss and he was extremely understanding. I feel very lucky, but I'm also scared. All of this bad news is becoming more and more worrisome for me.

The only thing I want to do at this point is just spend time with my wife and girls.
If you are in the Columbia area, and you need anything brought to you guys. Let me know and I will help you out, however I can.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #7793
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
If you are in the Columbia area, and you need anything brought to you guys. Let me know and I will help you out, however I can.
How much TP do you have.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #7794
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
How much TP do you have.
And your women. How much for your women?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #7795
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Mother ****ers! Are there any repercussions for this bullshit?
I'm not overly worried about that, given two facts:

1. It's easily produced in generic form by multiple US companies.
2. By its nature, if it works, then it works to help prevent the virus from taking hold. So, while it's better to have the truly sick the first ones to receive the medication, having general populations armed with it in case of exposure/infection is not the worst thing in the world.

I imagine there's going to be a LOT of this drug produced in the next few weeks. If the French numbers are in any way accurate (90% tested negative after 6 days), then this drug would impede the over-running of medical facilities, which is what we are REALLY after.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #7796
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Off label means it’s not currently a known treatment for said disease iirc
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #7797
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
And your women. How much for your women?
They go through a lot of TP good luck supporting them.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #7798
Life is changing..

A couple questions for discussion/speculation -

1. Is chloroquine something that is routinely stocked in hospitals? Pharmacies? I'm assuming all available supply is going to be sent to hospitals ASAP. I just spoke to a pharmacist friend who says Hydroxychloroquine would be in hand at the hospital.

2. How long, realistically, do we have to wait to see if this works?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #7799
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Off label means it’s not currently a known treatment for said disease iirc
like using papers towels instead of toilet paper.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #7800
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I'm not overly worried about that, given two facts:

1. It's easily produced in generic form by multiple US companies.
2. By its nature, if it works, then it works to help prevent the virus from taking hold. So, while it's better to have the truly sick the first ones to receive the medication, having general populations armed with it in case of exposure/infection is not the worst thing in the world.

I imagine there's going to be a LOT of this drug produced in the next few weeks. If the French numbers are in any way accurate (90% tested negative after 6 days), then this drug would impede the over-running of medical facilities, which is what we are REALLY after.
They’re doing cases on it everywhere now so we should have good ideas in a week or so
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.