Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2024, 07:30 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA

I have short term memory loss. The doctors can’t seem to find the root cause. This isn’t some forgetfulness, it’s serious. They tell me I have about 10 years before I will lose all short-term memory. I will retain all long-term memories. So that post you make about me in 2006 is still going to be up there in my noggin.

I have previously shared this diagnosis with the mods. I asked them to keep this information confined to the mod lounge. Which they did and I appreciated their consideration. They encouraged me to share this information with the rest of the Planet. It’s time to come clean.

I also have CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). Its only put me in the hospital once and it usually does not kill people these days.

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.

You cannot do that kind of work without a functioning short-term memory, so I have no choice but to retire.

I’m 65. I’m being forced to retire a little early but only losing a couple of years anyway. I’ll have a comfortable retirement alongside my wife of 34 years.

AMA
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:13 PM   #121
TACO SALAD

That's sort of scary. Sorry for the troubles. On the other hand, retirement sounds pretty nice.

Hit the beach and have a few drinks!
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:19 PM   #122
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Sorry to hear it. Enjoy your post-IT retirement, trust me it's awesome. As a CCIE who had a great career moving through the ranks I can tell you that when you're done, you're done.

Again, just sit back and enjoy coasting through the years that many many many years of hard work will provide. Travel your ass off, see the world, and let the current set it IT professionals deal with what is always a crisis of some sort.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:41 PM   #123
Supporter

Sorry to hear about your problem BRC and wish all the best on your retirement.

Too bad we were not able to get together that time with Frazod and Nzoner downtown Chicago. Nzoner and I had a blast that night and I had to take a $90 cab ride to get home after getting lost on the train.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:44 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Hopefully you remember the Mahomes years, bud!
they have successfully made it to long term memory.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:50 PM   #125
sorta mod-ish

Sorry to hear the choice of retirement wasn't totally your call, but that just opens the door for all the stuff you've wanted to do and haven't had the chance/time to do it.

You're on "you" time now. Go exploit it.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:53 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
BRC,
You’ve earned the time to relax. Definitely follow Hog’s suggestion and keep that journal. I know one person close to me with a less severe memory issue, but similar to yours.

The journal helps immensely.

Also, gators are not pets. (Will repeat this tomorrow)
depends on the era.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8475.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	127383  
Old 04-15-2024, 05:59 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
You've accomplished a great deal and should be immensely proud of that. I am terribly sorry that your disease is taking part of your memory from you.

At least you'll have memories of when the Cardinals were actually a competent organization.
yeah, I got to see my team win a WS in person. That’s all there. But, too much of the Cardinals of late is being retained by me. Why can’t I forget those crappy teams?
Old 04-15-2024, 06:02 PM   #128
Supporter

Best of luck to you BRC. Not the circumstances you were hoping for but hopefully the docs can figure something out. Have fun, do what makes you happy, and know from this thread a lot of people care.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:03 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues BRC. While only (somewhat) temporary, I know what you're going through.

I went in for routine sinus surgery to remove polyps. This was about my 5th go though. Surgery on Friday, wham bam back to work on Monday. So routine my dad would drop me off and pick me up.

The last one, they wheeled me out to his car and I got in. He asked "What the hell happened?". I'm like, what?

He said "It's Saturday. They kept you overnight." I'm like, nahhhh.

Long story short, my heart stopped twice during the procedure. I lost oxygen to my brain.

I get home, can't remember shit. I would ask the GF 3 times in 5 minutes what she wanted for dinner.

It all came back but it was a scary time. I still forget shit. Maybe that's cuz I'm older now. But know what it feels like. God speed brother.
Yikes!
Old 04-15-2024, 06:09 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
What is the first hobby you want to do or new place you want to travel to?
I don’t know? Never been a big hobby guy. Traveled all over the world so I’ll be happy going wherever the love of my life wants to go.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:14 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Sorry to hear it. Enjoy your post-IT retirement, trust me it's awesome. As a CCIE who had a great career moving through the ranks I can tell you that when you're done, you're done.

Again, just sit back and enjoy coasting through the years that many many many years of hard work will provide. Travel your ass off, see the world, and let the current set it IT professionals deal with what is always a crisis of some sort.
yeah I.T. moves fast. I’ve probably aged out already.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:17 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Sorry to hear about your problem BRC and wish all the best on your retirement.

Too bad we were not able to get together that time with Frazod and Nzoner downtown Chicago. Nzoner and I had a blast that night and I had to take a $90 cab ride to get home after getting lost on the train.
that was a fun trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4468584510_afd8438d6e_o.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	127384  
Old 04-15-2024, 07:05 PM   #133
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

Sorry to hear this man. My mom has some auto immune issues she’s had for 40 years or so. Her cognitive abilities have declined. Some because of side effects of long term use of medication for those illnesses. Otherwise she’s just a few years older than you. Sounds like you have got good Drs and you are looking into more options. Vitamins and supplements is something some believe in. Some don’t. I started following a couple of YouTube quacks. Both are chiropractors I believe but I pick up things that will help me eat better or vitamins to try and sample with my mom.

Dr Eric Berg
https://youtube.com/@Drberg?si=5igFeCYepaSsAU8v

Dr Alan Mandell
https://youtube.com/@motivationaldoc...QtG8OPgQ7qJMj5

For example one thing I did was having her eat blueberries daily or every other day at least. And it helps. It’s not a miracle cure but finding if you’re deficient in vitamins or minerals or nutrients I think chipping away at those things is helpful. It will also give you something to do and research on different ways other than your Dr how you might be able to help you. There’s other channels on there those just happen to be the ones I find most helpful. Tons of older videos with both going back 5+ years. Have the wife watch some or find out others.

Just a resource that’s helped me bro. Hopefully you find them and/or different ones that are beneficial for you
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:42 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger View Post
Sorry to hear this man. My mom has some auto immune issues she’s had for 40 years or so. Her cognitive abilities have declined. Some because of side effects of long term use of medication for those illnesses. Otherwise she’s just a few years older than you. Sounds like you have got good Drs and you are looking into more options. Vitamins and supplements is something some believe in. Some don’t. I started following a couple of YouTube quacks. Both are chiropractors I believe but I pick up things that will help me eat better or vitamins to try and sample with my mom.

Dr Eric Berg
https://youtube.com/@Drberg?si=5igFeCYepaSsAU8v

Dr Alan Mandell
https://youtube.com/@motivationaldoc...QtG8OPgQ7qJMj5

For example one thing I did was having her eat blueberries daily or every other day at least. And it helps. It’s not a miracle cure but finding if you’re deficient in vitamins or minerals or nutrients I think chipping away at those things is helpful. It will also give you something to do and research on different ways other than your Dr how you might be able to help you. There’s other channels on there those just happen to be the ones I find most helpful. Tons of older videos with both going back 5+ years. Have the wife watch some or find out others.

Just a resource that’s helped me bro. Hopefully you find them and/or different ones that are beneficial for you
thanks for the info!
Old 04-15-2024, 07:49 PM   #135
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
thanks for the info!
Your welcome
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.