Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2021, 06:52 PM  
It was not a fair catch

*****All Things Weather 2021*****

Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8

Last edited by displacedinMN; 06-11-2021 at 07:38 AM..
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:50 AM   #181
Bazinga!

We’ve been out of power since 1 AM. House is pretty well insulated so we’re still in the 60s but I’m seeing reports it won’t be on until tomorrow.
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #182
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I bet Amazon has sold millions of space heaters.
In February 2007 180K Iowans lost power because of a Ice Storm.
I remember because all my extended family stayed with me, under candlelight and home heated by wood for about a week.
It was a zoo and all my food quickly disappeared.
At least we didn't need a freezer.
My kids still call our house the Apocalypse House.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #183
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
In February 2007 180K Iowans lost power because of a Ice Storm.
I remember because all my extended family stayed with me, under candlelight and home heated by wood for about a week.
It was a zoo and all my food quickly disappeared.
At least we didn't need a freezer.
My kids still call our house the Apocalypse House.
I think Breda Iowa did not have power for 2 weeks. Dad was on REC board in Calhoun County. Some lines had 20 breaks per mile. They replaced a lot of lines. Dad put in a line switch and bought an 8000 watt generator. So he can stay warm and watch cowboy movies. He used it once or twice. It had 80 hours on it when I took it.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #184
Supporter

Reading your stories it makes me happy knowing we have a gas furnace that will run without juice.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #185
Veteran

Quote:
Reading your stories it makes me happy knowing we have a gas furnace that will run without juice.
How does the fan and pilot light work? Sounds like the thing to have where I live lol
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #186
MVP

Quote:
What about the blower or electronic igniter?
Just curious, because it has been so long since I have had a furnace. My backup heat is a electric mini split system and I only use it to cool my place, rarely for heat.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #187
Veteran

-6 at home right now with drifting snow unfortunately I am in Nashville at my daughters looks like bout 1/2” of sleet on the ground.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #188
Supporter

Quote:
What about the blower or electronic igniter?
Just curious, because it has been so long since I have had a furnace. My backup heat is a electric mini split system and I only use it to cool my place, rarely for heat.
It is an old floor furnace that only radiates heat.

We have mini-splits for A/C, and they have heat pumps but we never use them. The floor furnace is a monster.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:14 AM   #189
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
It is an old floor furnace that only radiates heat.

We have mini-splits for A/C, and they have heat pumps but we never use them. The floor furnace is a monster.

Floor furnace......Coleman? Looks like a grate.
We had one in a house- ran on LP. It was awesome.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:14 AM   #190
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
How does the fan and pilot light work? Sounds like the thing to have where I live lol
It's old-school.

I light the pilot with a stick lighter or blowtorch through the basement. It can be set to run continuous if the electricity goes out and the thermostat/solenoid doesn't have juice to activate the gas flow valve.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #191
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Floor furnace......Coleman? Looks like a grate.
We had one in a house- ran on LP. It was awesome.
Similar to this, only larger.

Almost every house built before 1950 has them out here.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #192
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
It's old-school.

I light the pilot with a stick lighter or blowtorch through the basement. It can be set to run continuous if the electricity goes out and the thermostat/solenoid doesn't have juice to activate the gas flow valve.
?????
Old 02-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #193
MVP

Quote:
It's old-school.

Genius!
Old 02-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #194
Supporter

Quote:
Genius!
Genius is developed through survival. The tough settlers out here had to go through some rough shit so they figured it out.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:24 AM   #195
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
?????
YEP!