Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2020, 11:08 PM  
'Tis my eye!

WTF, Amazon?!?!

So I logged into my Amazon account this evening to order some razor blades and noticed that in my product browsing history is the Ravens/Cowboys game.

Why is that odd?

Because I didn't watch it on Amazon Prime. I didn't watch it via any streaming service. I didn't watch it on a smart TV, I didn't even watch it on a connected device.

I watched it OTA on a regular TV. I know those stupid smart home devices can hear you when you say their name and I'm sure they listen to my conversations on occasion but are they listening to what I'm ****ing watching on TV?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:57 AM   #61
When pigs fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Interesting. Would be interesting to know what the payloads were outbound. Like Fish said, these things have been thoroughly tested. If that kind of behavior were commonplace, people would be all over it in the net press.
This was done maybe 3 years ago? I lose track of time. But an engineer and I did the tests. I would have to see if he kept the wireshark files from then, but it was interesting.
tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #62
MVP

Your phone is constantly listening for triggers or patterns to capitalize on ads for apps.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #63
**** the Raiders

Skynet is coming online.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:37 PM   #64
Supporter

This is why I refuse to have and Echo, google home or any of those devices that are always listening. My phone and computer track me more than enough. Don;t need some stupid hockey puck listening to every conversation as well.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #65
Politically Incorrect

Did it also put up an ad for Midol for all your bitching about nothing?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:55 PM   #66
When pigs fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
This is why I refuse to have and Echo, google home or any of those devices that are always listening. My phone and computer track me more than enough. Don;t need some stupid hockey puck listening to every conversation as well.
I don't have one in my house because last summer we visited some friends/family in Houston and we took our heathen with us.

Within 10 minutes of discovering they had an echo, he somehow got to to say "poop" on a monotone, never ending repeat.
tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #67
Mod Team

Say “I eat ass” over and over and let us know what happens.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:12 PM   #68
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
We heard that.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #69
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
You’ll start getting targeted ads for bicep pills and Cornhusker gear.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #70
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
You’ll start getting targeted ads for bicep pills and Cornhusker gear.
Or Travis Kelce memorabilia
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #71
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Your phone is constantly listening for triggers or patterns to capitalize on ads for apps.
If it could, it would, but the capabilities for on-device voice recognition are not up to par yet. It's getting close though. The magic for the smart home devices is that they send your voice to a massive server farm to be processed and recognized. It's not cost effective to do that full-time so that they can serve you an advertisement.

Your ISP tracks data usage and trends. They know the sites you visit and can fingerprint your browsing activity, shows you watch (if you have video service), and calls you make (if on their cell or home phone plan). Your ISP may provide this to 3rd parties for analysis. Far more likely is that you have cookies that are happily spilling your secrets. There are many tricks to get information from you without having to resort to voice recognition.
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #72
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Why are eggo blueberry waffles showing up on my chrome ads?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #73
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Why are eggo blueberry waffles showing up on my chrome ads?
MMMM...waffles...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #74
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
MMMM...waffles...
We heard that too.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #75
'Tis my eye!