Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2020, 11:08 PM  
'Tis my eye!

WTF, Amazon?!?!

So I logged into my Amazon account this evening to order some razor blades and noticed that in my product browsing history is the Ravens/Cowboys game.

Why is that odd?

Because I didn't watch it on Amazon Prime. I didn't watch it via any streaming service. I didn't watch it on a smart TV, I didn't even watch it on a connected device.

I watched it OTA on a regular TV. I know those stupid smart home devices can hear you when you say their name and I'm sure they listen to my conversations on occasion but are they listening to what I'm ****ing watching on TV?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:34 PM   #16
The Insider

All Thursday Night Football games are on Amazon. This is a make up from last Thursday.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:34 PM   #17
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
Then they're gonna know where you hid that hooker's body.
They already know that. I'm not too worried about it.

I just hope they don't tell my mother-in-law what I said about her.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:35 PM   #18
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
All Thursday Night Football games are on Amazon. This is a make up from last Thursday.
That's not what I'm talking about.

It showed up in my BROWSING history. Not my suggested viewings. The browsing history shows products/shows you've actually previewed or watched.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:41 PM   #19
Everybody Lies.

I have Prime and I checked my browsing history and it wasn't there. I also watched the game OTA.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:45 PM   #20
Ain't no relax!

I know many people tend to think this, but that's just not how it works. There have been lots of tests done, with Wireshark/packet sniffing/etc to see how and when Alexa is listening and transmitting data. It clearly does not record or transmit data other than listening for the activation word.

You can actually test this for yourself. Download Wireshark: https://www.wireshark.org/

Monitor your own network traffic. If it's communicating with Amazon when it shouldn't be, that will be pretty easy to spot.

I know this doesn't really explain why it would be in your Browsing history. But 99% of the time, this is a result of Amazon's incessant desire to profile your history/likes/etc for monetary reasons.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #21
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I know many people tend to think this, but that's just not how it works. There have been lots of tests done, with Wireshark/packet sniffing/etc to see how and when Alexa is listening and transmitting data. It clearly does not record or transmit data other than listening for the activation word.

You can actually test this for yourself. Download Wireshark: https://www.wireshark.org/

Monitor your own network traffic. If it's communicating with Amazon when it shouldn't be, that will be pretty easy to spot.

I know this doesn't really explain why it would be in your Browsing history. But 99% of the time, this is a result of Amazon's incessant desire to profile your history/likes/etc for monetary reasons.
Yeah, I know how it works. I said that before. I just can't figure out how this happened. I've literally never looked at NFL related stuff on Amazon before, not apparel or gear or games on Prime or anything.

I'm just shooting the shit, it's late.

Honestly, "somebody" probably fat fingered their remote again and clicked on it by accident. LOL
Old 12-09-2020, 12:09 AM   #22
Kind of a mod

Doesn't have to just be Amazon. Cookies follow you everywhere, and it's just a matter of who gets access to them. Hell, for all I know, the ads on CP could be picking up data that identifies you as a football fan, and maybe that's all they needed to go off of.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:19 AM   #23
www.nfl-forecast.com

It’s quite likely that they could predict that you would either watch or be interested in that game base on data analytics without having any direct confirmation that you watched it. It turns out that with enough data humans are very predictable.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:25 AM   #24
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Yeah, I know how it works. I said that before. I just can't figure out how this happened. I've literally never looked at NFL related stuff on Amazon before, not apparel or gear or games on Prime or anything.

I'm just shooting the shit, it's late.

Honestly, "somebody" probably fat fingered their remote again and clicked on it by accident. LOL
Either that, or 3rd party shared cookies or something. It's actually pretty impressive and creepy how well these companies can profile you according to what you buy/search/visit, and innocuously offer you very accurate related suggestions. Even when you try and prevent it...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:32 AM   #25
The Constitutional Choo choo

Welcome

To

The machine.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:39 AM   #26
Starter

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...our-tv/416712/
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:57 AM   #27
I missed '69!

This may not apply to you but for me the game appears from my home screen on my fire stick.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:06 AM   #28
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Just take your vaccine and don't mind the man behind the curtain
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:37 AM   #29
Veteran

I had one of those devices in my house and ended up unplugging it and putting it in the closet. The more I read about them the more I wanted it away from me
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-09-2020, 07:49 AM   #30
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Doesn't have to just be Amazon. Cookies follow you everywhere, and it's just a matter of who gets access to them. Hell, for all I know, the ads on CP could be picking up data that identifies you as a football fan, and maybe that's all they needed to go off of.
I don't allow cookies in the sandbox. I could actually show you my cookies, there's only a couple dozen.

That's what I'm saying. Amazon runs outside of the sandbox. Another site that runs outside the sandbox is Discogs. Both of the those sites have associated cookies and it's conceivable that cross site data tracking could take place.

I browse ESPN, NFL, CP, and stuff like that via the sandbox. I have no cookies for any of those sites. I don't run searches outside the sandbox. There's really no way for Amazon to discern from my browsing habits that I would want to watch TNF.

Much more likely my MIL accidentally clicked on it when she was looking for Christmas movies.