Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2023, 12:02 AM  
The Insider

***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 01-24-2023 at 12:29 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:56 PM   #4906
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
It's largely sentimental, but simply put, I wanna see Greinke get his 3000th K in a Royals uniform, if only because our organization is pretty lacking in "all-time" moments like this. So yeah, I wanna see Greinke to return.

And it might actually work well, if he is used correctly. Let him and Lyles piggyback each other every 5th day. Obviously Lyles isn't going anywhere, so he's gotta fit somewhere. Both he and Greinke had issues getting through the order more than twice without either throwing a ton of pitches or getting through the order without blowing up, and forcing the bullpen to pick up way too much slack.

If it was me, I'd let them alternate starts, with the other guy being scheduled to go after 3 or 4 innings from the starter. This would also allow each of them to potentially pick up wins, since neither would exclusively be the guy needing to get the requisite 5 innings to quality for the win.

Outside of that idea, I think Greinke could actually be valuable returning to the bullpen. It might allow him to gas it out a bit more, while knowing he's only gonna pitch for maybe an inning or two at the most, though also needing to be ready to go for potentially a few outings every week.

Oh, and adding Stroman to the rotation would be another decent add, and would probably make this a pretty successful offseason. Though I certainly think there are more moves that could and should be made.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:43 PM   #4907
Veteran

Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:48 PM   #4908
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
He wasn’t good….

Picollo just confirmed we’re still pursuing Marcus Strowman!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:03 PM   #4909
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

The Brewers have spent the last half-decade creating lock-down relievers from thin air. Their stud setup man last year was also a Royals castoff - Joel Paymps.

Just going back to the well, I guess...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:43 PM   #4910
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I'm having a hard time forcing the Royals into my schedule.

The love of baseball is still there, but the available hours for me to nerd out on all the details are not quite what they've been.

I'm glad to hear them saying that Lugo is not their last SP move. If they could pair that with another quality arm, the Royals could move into the "interesting" territory for 2024, which would be pretty cool.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:54 PM   #4911
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I'm having a hard time forcing the Royals into my schedule.

The love of baseball is still there, but the available hours for me to nerd out on all the details are not quite what they've been.

I'm glad to hear them saying that Lugo is not their last SP move. If they could pair that with another quality arm, the Royals could move into the "interesting" territory for 2024, which would be pretty cool.
For me to be back to "all-in" with baseball, I'd need a big SP signing or a BWJr. extension. Otherwise it's just hard to be interested in the team's trajectory.

The dream offseason that gets me back is...

A. BWJr. Extension
B. #3 Starter
C. Greinke reunion

What I expect is...

A. Decent lotto ticket SP

Last edited by Chiefspants; 12-15-2023 at 10:15 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 03:16 PM   #4912
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
He wasn’t good….

Picollo just confirmed we’re still pursuing Marcus Strowman!
Are the Royals going to pay him 24 a year? He declined 21 a year so he likely starts at 22.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 03:18 PM   #4913
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
For me to be back to "all-in" with baseball, I'd need a big SP signing, or a BWJr. extension. Otherwise it's just hard to be interested in the team's trajectory.

The ideal offseason that gets me back is...

A. BWJr. Extension
B. #3 Startter signing
C. Greinke reunion

What I expect is...

A. Decent Lotto ticket SP
Man Greinke is washed at this point, unless he's going to be a 1 inning guy.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:03 PM   #4914
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Man Greinke is washed at this point, unless he's going to be a 1 inning guy.
He needs 21 Ks to get to 3000 Ks so if he does that as a Royal then I'm all in.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 05:44 PM   #4915
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
It's largely sentimental, but simply put, I wanna see Greinke get his 3000th K in a Royals uniform, if only because our organization is pretty lacking in "all-time" moments like this. So yeah, I wanna see Greinke to return.

And it might actually work well, if he is used correctly. Let him and Lyles piggyback each other every 5th day. Obviously Lyles isn't going anywhere, so he's gotta fit somewhere. Both he and Greinke had issues getting through the order more than twice without either throwing a ton of pitches or getting through the order without blowing up, and forcing the bullpen to pick up way too much slack.

If it was me, I'd let them alternate starts, with the other guy being scheduled to go after 3 or 4 innings from the starter. This would also allow each of them to potentially pick up wins, since neither would exclusively be the guy needing to get the requisite 5 innings to quality for the win.

Outside of that idea, I think Greinke could actually be valuable returning to the bullpen. It might allow him to gas it out a bit more, while knowing he's only gonna pitch for maybe an inning or two at the most, though also needing to be ready to go for potentially a few outings every week.

Oh, and adding Stroman to the rotation would be another decent add, and would probably make this a pretty successful offseason. Though I certainly think there are more moves that could and should be made.
This seems like a well thought out and interesting idea. Therefore we expect it to not be considered at all by the Royals.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:01 PM   #4916
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

i remember in like 2013 or 2014 he had some ridiculous streak to start the season of like 20 straight games where he never gave up more than 2 ER.

And I was always just annoyed as hell by the stat because in a bunch of those those games he didn't get a QS because he didn't go 6 innings. And in most of the rest of them he ONLY went 6 innings.

And Greinke was efficient so it's not like he was going out there and throwing 125 pitches or anything. You know they were sitting him at like 100, 105 pitches. He's just never been a guy built to carry a huge workload.

That was a DECADE ago.

Frankly it's amazing to me that the Royals were able to get nearly 300 innings of average(ish) pitching out of him the last 2 seasons.

But seeing a 'blow it all out' season from him out of the bullpen would be pretty damn cool. He'd get to 3K pretty easily.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:29 AM   #4917
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:38 AM   #4918
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:45 AM   #4919
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
More details.

Old 12-15-2023, 09:51 AM   #4920
MVP

Strikes out a lot, never gets on base... sounds like a perfect Royal.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote