Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: My year was a _________ type of year.
10 - Taylor Swift – It was like being Time’s Person of the Year, dating a Chief, and making a billion dollars. 9 8.33%
9 - George Santos - I lived the amazing life that George Santos describes in his lies. 5 4.63%
8 - King Charles – I didn’t accomplish much, but I was still crowned as the king. 9 8.33%
7 - Travis Kelce – Yeah, I’ve dropped some passes, but overall I’m living pretty good. 29 26.85%
6 - The Friends Cast – Roughly 5/6th of the year was good. 6 5.56%
5 - Joe Flacco – Mostly nondescript, but with some good parts. 17 15.74%
4 - Mitch McConnell – I’m still doing my thing, but with a few embarrassing freeze-ups. 4 3.70%
3 - Kadarius Toney – Well, at least I’m still on the roster. 14 12.96%
2 – Ivy League president testifying about Jewish stuff – I should have done things differently. 1 0.93%
1 – Russian draftee. It was mostly human-wave attacks against fortified Ukrainian positions. 5 4.63%
0 – Let’s just say that it was an expensive submarine ride to the Titanic. 9 8.33%
I don't remember (also a Mitch McConnell option). 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2023, 01:36 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

How did 2023 treat you?

Which celebrity score best matched your life in 2023?

Poll coming soon if you don't already see it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:48 AM   #16
Just a li'l Evel

Overall I’d give it a Meh.

Career was slower than expected with a bunch of clients cancelling jobs in Q4.

Hilights of my year were a 4-day camping trip with old buddies and a 7-day 520 mile bike ride for charity. Oh, also my oldest graduated college.

We didn’t take any trips because we had to put a new roof on the house and have crawlspace work and a termite tent done. But those are gold-plated problems. It means I own a home and can have repairs done. More than most have.

Stayed sober another year so that and being with friends and family is what’s important. Gonna take that perspective into 2024 and remind myself daily to be in gratitude no matter what and that’s the best thing you can have.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 03:31 PM   #17
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I'm giving myself a 9. I had a few challenges, but my gut feel was that it was a very good year.

Starting at the top with the wins...

1. My wife has made a successful transition to retirement. She likes to keep busy so there was a non-zero risk that she would be unhappy. But she's found productive ways to channel her energy and is very happy. Happy wife, happy life.

2. We transitioned out of company ownership. It was a great ride for 20+ years and one of the best decisions I ever made, but it was time to divest and lower everyday stresses. We ended up giving the company to our senior employees and feel good about the exit as the company will keep going strong under them.

3. I was able to cut my hours last year to 65 percent time, which gave me sporadic free time, and am cutting further this year to 45 percent, which will give me consistent free time. (Four-day weekends most of the year!) My remaining work is actually really interesting, too.

4. In terms of finances, this is likely the best year I ever had. My total net worth rocketed up this year to an all-time high. About half of my gains were making up for the abysmal 2022, but the other half was all profit. It's really helping to position me for retirement.

5. This will sound minor, but it's not. I went to the library and checked out some leisure books. The back story here is that I loved going to the library as a kid and I was an avid reader. When I was 12, I had to go to work for financial reasons, and from that point on I didn't get summers or holidays. All through junior high, high school, and college, I worked on any school breaks, and then I entered the working world and we know what that's like. So I always felt like I lost several years of my youth. I decided that I would fully reclaim my lesiure time and those lost years once I made it to the library and wandered the stacks like I did in childhood.

6. My nose surgery is still healing, but at the moment it feels like a big win. I had no idea how bad my breathing had become, and even though I'm not yet 100 percent, I think it's going to have a notable positive impact and become a big win in the long term.

7. I didn't do much travel this year, but I got a nice road trip to California, which was fun, and I did a major trip to Europe in December of last year so I still had that glow. My wife and I are planning to use our free time this year for a lot of local tourism and puttering around Colorado.

8. It doesn't directly affect my life, but Chiefs Super Bowl wins are always nice.

My losses this year are ...

1. I've really fallen out of shape, and I've lost my mental and physical ability to do long runs. It's a bummer. I also gained 5 pounds this year, and I'm in the bad part of a vicious cycle where I'm too out of shape to enjoy exercise, which puts me in worse shape. I want to reverse this trend in 2024, but to some extent I think it's also natural aging.

2. My big negative is my origin family, which is just a constant bombardment of negativity that has amped up over the last couple of years. I wish they would make the changes they need to make to be happy, but that's never going to happen, I guess.

Last edited by Rain Man; 12-28-2023 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Typographical error required fixing.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 10:40 PM   #18
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:

5. This will sound minor, but it's not. I went to the library and checked out some leisure books. The back story here is that I loved going to the library as a kid and I was an avid reader. When I was 12, I had to go to work for financial reasons, and from that point on I didn't get summers or holidays. All through junior high, high school, and cottage, I worked on any school breaks, and then I entered the working world and we know what that's like. So I always felt like I lost several years of my youth. I decided that I would fully reclaim my lesiure time and those lost years once I made it to the library and wandered the stacks like I did in childhood.
My reasons are slightly different, but two years ago I went into the local library and did something very similar. My reason? Lack of concentration, which I felt was a direct result of my cell phone. Prior to owning my first phone, I was an avid reader. My ability to move through a book and retain the concepts and context was first rate.

In the years after cell phones became a thing, I stopped reading altogether. Then in the last 5 years or so, when I DID actually pick up a book, I couldn’t read for more than 15 minutes or so before I became distracted.

So two years ago, I put the phone aside for days at a time and found myself again immersed and able to concentrate while reading. I find myself much more centered now and I’m certain it contributes to my overall positivity. My level of concentration is as good as ever too.

Enjoy it, (again) Kev.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 10:43 PM   #19
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
9 here. Crushed over 100 Peloton rides, weighing the same as my wedding day, only debt is my mortgage, still having plenty of sex, daughter is the top scorer on her GABL team, kids are doing well in school.

Only thing keeping this from being a 10, is that it's all just too easy. We are definitely on cruise control and lacking anything of challenge or struggle in life, and for me that was a really important element post military life: climbing the career and education ladder. We've both hit our goals of work life balance and earnings, and I could see it getting stale.
Off topic, but would love to know your thoughts on a Peloton. I think a lazy **** like me this might get me to work out if it's in the other room. I don't really need the social motivation, but the virtual rides and stuff sound cool.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:43 PM   #20
May Day and Spring 2024!

Really good as try to even make the bad days into good ones. Hopefully 2024 will be another great year.
Passepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-27-2023, 10:44 PM   #21
MVP

Horrible ****ing year.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:50 PM   #22
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
My reasons are slightly different, but two years ago I went into the local library and did something very similar. My reason? Lack of concentration, which I felt was a direct result of my cell phone. Prior to owning my first phone, I was an avid reader. My ability to move through a book and retain the concepts and context was first rate.

In the years after cell phones became a thing, I stopped reading altogether. Then in the last 5 years or so, when I DID actually pick up a book, I couldn’t read for more than 15 minutes or so before I became distracted.

So two years ago, I put the phone aside for days at a time and found myself again immersed and able to concentrate while reading. I find myself much more centered now and I’m certain it contributes to my overall positivity. My level of concentration is as good as ever too.

Enjoy it, (again) Kev.
I've had very similar challenges, though I think for different reasons. I spent so much time reading at my job, which was very slow and careful reviewing and editing for the most part, that I completely lost my reading speed and my interest in pleasure reading outside of work. Fortunately, I think it's coming back pretty quickly, but I was feeling very uncultured and illiterate for a long while.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:53 PM   #23
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
Horrible ****ing year.
Sorry to hear it bud. At least you have an awesome avatar. Hope 2024 is the best yet for you.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2023, 11:07 PM   #24
MVP

Thought that said George Soros at first.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-27-2023, 11:13 PM   #25
Supporter

I absolutely killed it last year.

This year, meh, im livin pretty good compared to many but certainly didnt ball out like last year.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2023, 11:37 PM   #26
In Search of a Life

It was fine.

Being in the hospital early in the year sucked, but it picked up from there.

Finally did a family trip.
Made good money.
Second daughter was born.
Billay bleached his asshole for me.
Got to watch Mizzou have a season I never would have predicted.

Can't complain.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-28-2023, 12:43 AM   #27
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've had very similar challenges, though I think for different reasons. I spent so much time reading at my job, which was very slow and careful reviewing and editing for the most part, that I completely lost my reading speed and my interest in pleasure reading outside of work. Fortunately, I think it's coming back pretty quickly, but I was feeling very uncultured and illiterate for a long while.
I picked up audiobooks two years ago. Not sure I’d do as well with print books, but audiobooks on the daily commute and on long drives have been a notable improvement in my life.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2023, 06:49 AM
HemiEd
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
Old 12-28-2023, 07:24 AM   #28
Would an idiot do that?

I've had to take down monthly ratings the past couple years, and at times damn well could have been weekly, because they were roller coaster rides of highs and lows... family issues and drama, financial shit, more family issues. It was a ~2 year exercise in compartmentalizing, to let go of the stress of the bad in order to enjoy the good.

This year was far better overall, in the realm of Taylor Swift, comparatively... a much needed job change, some travel, family that's doing far better.

Far fewer irons in the (dumpster) fire, plus at a good point career-wise to have more time dedicated to friends and family.

(relevant Office gif)

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:02 AM   #29
Starter

As bad as 2023 was, I'm scared for 2024.
Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:35 AM   #30
Mod Team

8 for me.

Wish it was 69 though.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.