Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-23-2019, 04:38 PM  
I'll be back.

NFL trade watch

oh myyyy

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #256
The man you could post like.

Could've at least used that to drive the trade compensation of Clark down a bit.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:41 PM   #257
In Search of a Life

I would have probably rather had Clowney, but I think i'm gonna be happy with Clark.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #258
In Search of a Life

I dunno that I'd have been as excited about giving Clowney the money Clark got.

Either isn't ideal I suppose.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #259
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I dunno that I'd have been as excited about giving Clowney the money Clark got.

Either isn't ideal I suppose.
I know I’d be a lot more concerned about injury or poor effort.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #260
In Search of a Life

Old 08-27-2019, 01:49 PM   #261
In Search of a Life

Old 08-27-2019, 01:49 PM   #262
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I know I’d be a lot more concerned about injury or poor effort.
Yeah, I think that's why they liked Clark so much.

They needed some dogs on defense. I dunno that Clowney is that.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #263
In Search of a Life

Old 08-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #264
In Search of a Life

Cam Erving, Carlos Hyde and a 4th. Done deal.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:53 PM   #265
In Search of a Life

Cam Erving would be a net negative add
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #266
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Cam Erving, Carlos Hyde and a 4th. Done deal.
Do it Veach
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #267
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Cam Erving would be a net negative add
Eh, probably so.

Send them something else.

(looks around) …..How about a shiny Byron Pringle?
Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #268
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
That’s a little unfair. This is a unique situation in that the Texans have totally ****ed up. They are an absolute mess right now and don’t even have a GM.

They’re going to end up giving a 3rd for ****ing Duke Johnson.
But if that was the proposed compensation in the spring (per the Tweet) then it was still a time the Chiefs could've taken advantage of the discord.

It's not a one-off, is all I'm saying. He has several of these iffy sorts of deals on his register already. I mean that Clark trade/contract is such that he'd BETTER be a top 5 finisher for the DPOY. All the "man, Clark looks pretty good" stuff is kinda strange to me because we just traded for and paid the man as though he's nearly as good as Kalil Mack.

So if he goes out there and provides good run defense and 10-12 sacks, some people are going to say "hey, nice acquisition" whereas I see no way to call that anything but a failure. Brett Veach paid dearly for Frank Clark and if he's not a genuine difference maker, that's another L. Watkins is almost certainly an L; hard for him to do anything that will justify the $30+ million he's going to make in the 2 years of this deal. Hitchens isn't quite set in stone as an L yet because that's probably a 3 year deal with a reasonable possibility for 4 if he bounces back - there's time there.

And I'll ask the same thing I asked on Mathieu when we originally signed him - as much as I like the player, if Mathieu was seeking $10 million/season the year before after AZ cut him and had a solid but not eye opening season in Houston (he was essentially the same player he's always been), where the hell were the Chiefs in 2018 when he was available at $10 million/season and why was he suddenly worth $14 million in 2019? That's that target fixation at work again, IMO - when he wasn't on Veach's radar, he wasn't worth $10 million to this franchise. But once Veach decided he wanted Tyron Mathieu, plan B wasn't even a consideration and he was just going to pay what it took.

Some will applaud that - pick your guy and do what it takes to get him. Okay - but it had better work. It's what I said about Pioli way back when he was dumping over the roster, bringing in Patriot retreads and putting his eggs in the Matt Cassel basket. I thought it was foolish but acknowledged that if he's going to have that kind of tunnel vision - he'd better be right.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:01 PM   #269
In Search of a Life

But counter argument, do you think he just went to those dollar amounts without having some reason to? I mean, I doubt he offered 4 million more to get Mathieu?

Didn't we hear they wanted him in 18? I dunno why they didn't get him, guessing it had to do with a safety they were planning on having back there that had some issues, but whatever on that.

I guess what i'm getting at is that those guys were all on the market (outside Clark) so they were having to negotiate against other teams, I'm guessing.

So my thing would be don't target guys that are out there like that and actually have a draft plan so you don't have to spend.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #270
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
{facepalm}

Clark for a 1st and 2nd or Clowney for a 2nd?

Yeah, I'd take the latter every time.

I still think Veach is prone to target fixation and that's how he ends up overpaying for guys like Watkins, Mathieu (FA) and Clark (trade). It's why he felt the need to trade up for Speaks. He just gets too inflexible, IMO.
Clark was obtained for compensation equivalent to a late 1st round pick and a 4th round pick (same year).

Clark is the better passrusher which is more valuable.

I remember Clark tweeting that all he wanted was a bag and the sack record.

He's got the bag now. I wonder if he could actually have that monster year in terms of sacks. I mean, he won't beat the sack record but I don't know that 15-20 sacks is out of question.

I feel good about him.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.