Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:47 AM   #6796
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Here is some what positive news. Bill Gates says coronavirus shutdown could last 6-10 weeks 'if a country does a good job with testing'

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/bill-ga...ast-6-10-weeks
But see we suck at testing.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #6797
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
And if that takes 18 months?
Two years of educational institutions operating only online if at all, no dining or drinking allowed in public places, no live sporting events and all of that on top of a ton of people without jobs.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #6798
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Someone does not understand how heard immunity works.
I’ve never herd of it. How does heard immunity work?
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #6799
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
So you understand how ignorant your comment was then. Good to hear.
I don't. Can you explain it?
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #6800
Veteran

I guess I am lucky , small profit margin but not around people at all . As long as the cattle market comes back in nine or so months.if not it will get tight
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #6801
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
So you understand how ignorant your comment was then. Good to hear.
I made my position quite clear, as I have a dozen or more times.

There are middle grounds I want to explore and pursue.

But IF the choices are between a police state and letting this virus run its course naturally - I'm taking the latter and doing so without blinking. If it means 200 million people get the disease (160 million of whom show virtually no symptoms), so be it. Is that the ideal scenario? No.

Is it better than an entire nation surrendering its personal liberties? Christ - I don't even understand why I have to answer that question.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #6802
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
And if that takes 18 months?
This is what it comes down to for me. Do we need to take this absolutely seriously? Of course. But there are scenarios where you could debate if it would be better if we basically just accepted our fate and allowed otherwise healthy people to live their lives.

I'm nowhere near saying that's what we should do, but I do have trouble figuring out what the endgame is here except hiding in our homes until widespread treatments and vaccines are available, which could be a year from now.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:52 AM   #6803
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
which could be a year from now.
If at all and if the vaccination doesn't have strong adverse effects.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #6804
I'll be back.

Just got a raise this morning. Apparently chiropractic offices are immune to the coronavirus. Which shocks me to be honest.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #6805
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Just got a raise this morning. Apparently chiropractic offices are immune to the coronavirus. Which shocks me to be honest.
So you handing out free back rubs or what?
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #6806
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Two years of educational institutions operating only online if at all, no dining or drinking allowed in public places, no live sporting events and all of that on top of a ton of people without jobs.
I picked my girl up from the last day of school and I was more upset than she was.

"Go say goodbye to your friends - you won't see them for while..."

"Yes I will, daddy - I'll see them in first grade!!"

Guys, I'm really not about stealing my kids childhoods. So now my little girl's gonna do 1st grade from her couch as well?

FFS - no. We cannot do that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #6807
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I picked my girl up from the last day of school and I was more upset than she was.

"Go say goodbye to your friends - you won't see them for while..."

"Yes I will, daddy - I'll see them in first grade!!"

Guys, I'm really not about stealing my kids childhoods. So now my little girl's gonna do 1st grade from her couch as well?

FFS - no. We cannot do that.
I dunno, the Chiefs are Super Bowl Champions and Tom Brady is a Tampa Bay Buccaneer, this could actually be the end of the world.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #6808
Please squeeze

Going all in on chloroquine

Quote:
President Trump says he’s pushed the Food and Drug Administration to eliminate barriers to getting therapeutics for coronavirus to patients.

He said a drug currently used as an antimalarial — hydroxychloroquine — would be made available almost immediately to treat coronavirus.

"It’s been around for a long time, so we know if things don’t go as planned, it’s not going to kill anybody,” Trump told reporters at the White House today.

Trump said it was a common drug and would soon be available for “prescribed use” on coronavirus. He called it a “game-changer."

"We have to remove every barrier or a lot of barriers that were unnecessary and they’ve done that to get the rapid deployment of safe, effective treatments and we think we have some good answers,” Trump said.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #6809
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
My wife shredded her knee last Thursday. Her doctor canceled all appointments because she’s scared of this virus. Really, you just want my wife to walk around with crutches for an extended period of time when all she needed was a doctors note for an MRI.

Luckily urgent care got her an MRI. They won’t even let people into the building and will meet you at your vehicle to check your body temp and symptoms.

Her hospital she works at closed off all entrances except one. Same hospital hired us LEO to work security for them in the ER at $30/hr because they’re scared of out of control family members.
Sorry about your wife and hope she recovers as soon as she can under the present conditions in these times.

This isn’t the time to come down with any other health problems with this virus stuff ramping up. Everyone be careful in your daily life.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #6810
Diablo Negro

Trump has suspended all evictions and home loan foreclosures.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.