Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
It has my full attention. Place my 2500 body on that drivetrain and I will have damn near the perfect work vehicle.

I will have to see how they hold value before committing since I trade in new every 2 years.
You better see how they hold up before you buy one.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
Baby Cry Cry

it looks like an N64 polygon
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #4
Veteran

If there is enough room in that bed for about 4 100watt solar panels so I can stop and recharge during daylight, I guess I have found my apocalyptic bugout vehicle!
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #5
Life is changing..

TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #6
MVP

Wonder how much Musk is saving on production by just having to bend steel for body panels rather than truly having to tool body panels for styling? Then again material costs might make the cost savings on the simplistic design of the body moot.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underEJ View Post
If there is enough room in that bed for about 4 100watt solar panels so I can stop and recharge during daylight, I guess I have found my apocalyptic bugout vehicle!
Sounds like they'll offer a version where the "vault" tonneau cover has solar and can get you an additional 15 miles per day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #8
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Sounds like they'll offer a version where the "vault" tonneau cover has solar and can get you an additional 15 miles per day.

15 doesn't sound worth the cost and trouble to me.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
15 doesn't sound worth the cost and trouble to me.
Agreed. It's for the "why don't they just..." crowd and preppers.

aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #10
Cynical Misanthrope

I just bought a new truck after some asshole rear-ended me and twisted the frame on my old one. I had a Toyota Tacoma. 15 years and 300,000 miles. Just got another Toyota because they are extremely reliable.

Would I have purchased the Tesla? Doubtful:

1. it's ugly as sin. I just don't like it
2. I wonder about the range
3. Electric cars do not do as well in the cold and Alaska gets cold (although not this year)
4. I wonder how Tesla as a company will do. If the company goes under, where does one get parts, service, etc.? I keep reading that they have yet to turn a profit and that makes me reluctant to buy one of their vehicles
5. I realize I'm just an old fart who doesn't trust these new-fangled things.

The concept is interesting and in a few years might be worth while but I've learned from computers that its best to wait a bit and get the bugs and kinks worked out.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
3. Electric cars do not do as well in the cold and Alaska gets cold (although not this year)
Is that true? I had a Chevy Volt and it was exceptional in cold weather, both for running well and for driving in snow and ice. Is that something for which Chevy was just more successful than other electric manufacturers?
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-22-2019, 03:00 PM   #12
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Is that true? I had a Chevy Volt and it was exceptional in cold weather, both for running well and for driving in snow and ice. Is that something for which Chevy was just more successful than other electric manufacturers?
They operate fine, but your range is usually reduced since producing heat is actually pretty battery intensive. Think electric space heater. I probably lose 20% of my range on really cold days in my Leaf.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #13
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
They operate fine, but your range is usually reduced since producing heat is actually pretty battery intensive. Think electric space heater. I probably lose 20% of my range on really cold days in my Leaf.
This is my understanding. And while winters here have not been as bad the last couple of years, I have seen several winters where it did not hit 0 for weeks on end. My concern has been that even if I kept my truck in the garage (I don't*), that truck sits outside while I'm at work all day. And it doesn't take long at -30 for anything to get really cold.

*Like all good Alaskans, I have a block heater in my engine that I plug in at night. It's why you see rows of electrical outlets in pictures of Fairbanks. The plug is a little heating coil that keeps the engine block warm, or at least warm for the temperatures, so oil isn't as thick, starting is easier and the engine gets to operating temperature faster.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:29 PM   #14
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
This is my understanding. And while winters here have not been as bad the last couple of years, I have seen several winters where it did not hit 0 for weeks on end. My concern has been that even if I kept my truck in the garage (I don't*), that truck sits outside while I'm at work all day. And it doesn't take long at -30 for anything to get really cold.

*Like all good Alaskans, I have a block heater in my engine that I plug in at night. It's why you see rows of electrical outlets in pictures of Fairbanks. The plug is a little heating coil that keeps the engine block warm, or at least warm for the temperatures, so oil isn't as thick, starting is easier and the engine gets to operating temperature faster.
If I may ask, where do you live in Alaska?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #15
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Absolutely. I have a Model S and the efficiency of the battery is reduced up to 25% in the winter. But if you have a long range 500 mile battery that is still more than enough distance, and even more distance than you can go in most trucks on a tank of gas.

Much better efficiency in the summer and on longer trips in my experience.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.