Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-29-2020, 09:07 AM  
Supporter

Lovecraft Country (HBO)

This series (limited I believe) is coming upon it's 8th episode and it is one of the best HBO has put forth, in my opinion. It is somewhat of an anthology and each episode is layered with historical references, themes and social commentary that are applicable to the modern day. Literally, every episode has something worth researching. I could easily see it becoming a staple of collegiate courses. Bottom line, I'm absolutely loving it right now!
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
Here We Go Again

I don't know about your college course bits, but it is an amazing show.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
This series (limited I believe) is coming upon it's 8th episode and it is one of the best HBO has put forth, in my opinion. It is somewhat of an anthology and each episode is layered with historical references, themes and social commentary that are applicable to the modern day. Literally, every episode has something worth researching. I could easily see it becoming a staple of collegiate courses. Bottom line, I'm absolutely loving it right now!
Can you explain your college courses bit, please? This show is based on a novel, which I am sure will be brought up in lit courses. The show hasn't done anything phenomenal or new with cinematography or storytelling. It is a solid show though.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 10-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Can you explain your college courses bit, please? This show is based on a novel, which I am sure will be brought up in lit courses. The show hasn't done anything phenomenal or new with cinematography or storytelling. It is a solid show though.
Just because the show is based on a novel doesn't render it inapplicable as a visual tool in a variety of subjects at the collegiate level. Each episode has been loaded with a tremendous amount of offshoot historical subtext and references. Far too much to cover here, in fact.

And in terms of the depth and psyche of these characters, I do believe it is remarkably crafted by screenwriter and showrunner Misha Green. Overall, the series definitely sets itself apart from a storytelling standpoint.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #5
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Black people would be my guess.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Black people would be my guess.
Excellent guess. From Syracuse University:

Old 12-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #7
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
Excellent guess. From Syracuse University:

It was pretty much the only option. More intersectional nonsense in the classroom with limited, or zero, practical employment application. They'll charge tuition for that course. And students will borrow money they can't repay to take it.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.