Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:24 AM   #331
True Chiefs Fan

I've been thinking about getting a 45-70 for some time. I think I'm going with the Henry. I was thinking also of getting a cowboy gun like a Henry .357 mag so I can shoot .38's as well and in my Blackhawk.
LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #332
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
1,000rd 9mm Aguila 115gr ammo for about $215 with shipping. About $10.60 per box for brand new brass.

http://www.ammomenllc.com/index.php?...roducts_id=176
That's a good deal.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #333
Fight, build, win!

Personally I like the 35 Whelen over 45-70. I sold my 35 Whelen Remington 700 classic bolt action a few years ago as my Elk hunting large game had pretty much dwindled because of work travel. Miss that sucker.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #334
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
I could use some info from some of you guys. I've been thinking about getting myself a very basic AR...
...I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy parts as I go and build it myself considering my initial budget is only about $250 - $300. Where should I start ?
This is a 22 AR style rifle that I bought about five years ago when I could buy a box of 550 rounds at Walmart for $20. It's a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. The only building I did was adding the extras which I list down below. It comes complete for about $400, I got it for about $300 new about five years ago. It's big brother Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport .556 is about $700 complete.

In this photo I show the bi-pod, but I usually don't have it on the rifle in case I need to grab it quick but it attaches very fast if needed.

I keep it in the trunk of my car, I figured if someone starts doing a massacre I want to be ready. I have a concealed weapons permit in Florida, but that's not even necessary in Florida to have this in your trunk with ammo. I store it in a Drago Soft Rifle Case 36" double, cost about $70 about 5 years ago.

Since I want to be ready, I have 11 magazines 25 rounds each. One is on the buttstock and ten more are in a split front vest. These mags retail for $20, I picked up most from CDNN Sports in Texas for $16, that's their normal price and the last two from GunMag Warehouse in Miami for $12 each, they had a big sale.

This is the complete list of extras;

UTG 3-9X32 Compact CQ Scope
UTG Low Profile Riser 13 slots
Hogue Monogrip for AR-15 Recoil absorbing Rubber
Magpul CTR Buttstock
Magpul CTR Recoil Pad Rubber 0.70"
Viking Tactical 2 Padded Sling with Quick Adjustment
Magpul MS1 MS3-QD Quick Detach Sling Adapter
TMS QD Quick Detach Push Button Sling Swivel
NcStar VISM L2 Green Laser
Larue Index Rail Clips
Larue Hand Stop
Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Scope
GG&G 45 degree Offset Rail
Sniper Tactical Flashlight Q5 260 Lumens
UTAC Tactical Offset Flashlight Mount 1" diameter
Magpul Angled AFG2 Foregrip
NcStar CVAR1PS2926B BLACK 5.56 Single Mag Buttstock Pouch
NcStar Precision Grade Bipod Full Size Legs 8" - 12"

Drago Tactical Double 36" Padded Gun Case

Condor MCR 7-002 Tactical Ronin Chest Rig Split Vest
Condor MA 44 Molle Triple Stacker Mag Double Pouches
Condor MA 43 Molle Double Stacker Mag Double Pouches

In case of close combat, I've got this EAA Sar K2P 9mm Pistol with the CZ magazines it will hold about 17 rounds. Made in Turkey and I bought it new for $279, I saw it advertised today in the paper for $259. It has a Hogue slip on rubber sleeve on the grip.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #335
Supporter

MP-22s are nice. I have one with a Sparrow suppressor on it and I can hear the pin strike and nothing else with subsonic ammo.

Probably one of the funnest guns I own.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:13 PM   #336
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief View Post
The owner of Shiloh rifles is my neighbor. Good guy. I ride motorcycles with him and went flying with him last week. If you ever get up this way I might be able to take you through his shop.
Thanks! He makes a very fine rifle. The one a got to look at close and handle was his Quigley model in 45/110. The craftsmanship put into it was exquisite.
Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #337
Starter

[IMG][/IMG]

Bwana getting the ATV ready
Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #338
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney37 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

I see he still hasn't hooked up the cooler trailer yet.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:40 PM   #339
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCOChief View Post
I've been thinking about getting a 45-70 for some time. I think I'm going with the Henry. I was thinking also of getting a cowboy gun like a Henry .357 mag so I can shoot .38's as well and in my Blackhawk.
I think Marlin also makes a 45-70 lever action and there's another manufacture that makes a real cool one... I can't think of the name now...

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 06-27-2016 at 09:10 PM..
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-27-2016, 09:36 PM   #340
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney37 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

I love it, now all I need is a gunner and I'm set.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #341
Supporter

You're Welcome........

http://palmettostatearmory.com/smith...ck-811030.html
Old 06-29-2016, 01:04 AM   #342
Reset

Quick question. A good friend of mine sold me an antique 1958 browning a-5 light 12 shot gun for like $200, thing is prestine. He told me he had it appraised at over $2,000.00 like 5-6 years ago. He's like 86 years old and he told me it's only been shot a few times. How do I get this appraised from a trustworthy source? Should I keep it? I'm thinking about selling it to finance getting an ar-15, a mossberg 590 and a glock 22 gen 4 and some ammo lol
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:23 AM   #343
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2112 View Post
Quick question. A good friend of mine sold me an antique 1958 browning a-5 light 12 shot gun for like $200, thing is prestine. He told me he had it appraised at over $2,000.00 like 5-6 years ago. He's like 86 years old and he told me it's only been shot a few times. How do I get this appraised from a trustworthy source? Should I keep it? I'm thinking about selling it to finance getting an ar-15, a mossberg 590 and a glock 22 gen 4 and some ammo lol
I have one given to me by my grandpa. It's a 60's model I believe. Last I checked, it was worth in the $700 range. I could be wrong though. Been awhile since I looked.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #344
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
I love it, now all I need is a gunner and I'm set.
Reporting for duty.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:53 PM   #345
Veteran

I gave in to the dark side and picked up a Windham Weaponry AR-10 this weekend. 16.5" medium tube, weighs 7.5lbs without sights or magazine. Sights, and a few rounds in the magazine gets it over 8lbs but still lighter than most I've seen. Never had shot a AR style rifle that actually had noticeable recoil until now. I Like It.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.