Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2017, 12:16 PM  
I'll be back.

***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***

AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

Last edited by Hammock Parties; 10-07-2018 at 11:37 PM..
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:47 PM   #3391
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
Play calling sucked in my opinion
Which plays, specifically, were bad?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:57 PM   #3392
MVP

Does it slightly concern anyone else that it doesn't seem like Pat is able to develop chemistry with anyone else besides Hill and Kelce?

I mean I know these guys suck, but usually elite QBs are able to elevate sucky receivers to a degree.

Would be cool to see some or that happen with Pringle, Gordon or Hardman.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-21-2021, 11:03 PM   #3393
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
Does it slightly concern anyone else that it doesn't seem like Pat is able to develop chemistry with anyone else besides Hill and Kelce?

I mean I know these guys suck, but usually elite QBs are able to elevate sucky receivers to a degree.

You really don't think Pringle on another team is anything other than a 28 year old ST dude? Because that's what he was before Mahomes came. And Robinson? What team does that backward running fool get a second contract, regardless of what it is, with anybody other than Mahomes?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2021, 11:03 PM   #3394
Banned!

Quote:

Meh, they're catching some balls. Hardman is getting around 4 catches a game, while Pringle is getting 2. It's not much, but honestly, there's only so many to go around. I'd throw to Hill every down as well if I was Pat, TBH.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2021, 11:07 PM   #3395
World's Best Boss

Quote:

Patrick had great chemistry with Watkins.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:12 PM   #3396
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

You really don't think Pringle on another team is anything other than a 28 year old ST dude? Because that's what he was before Mahomes came. And Robinson? What team does that backward running fool get a second contract, regardless of what it is, with anybody other than Mahomes?
I'm not arguing that these guys are good, or even decent. In fact they're horrible and would probably be practice squad players on half the teams in the league.

It would just be nice if after 4 years, Pat could develop some sort of connection with these guys so they at the very least don't look ****ing confused half the time.

All three of those guys have been with Pat for at least three seasons now and all three spend half their time on the field running the wrong route or being in a spot that Pat isn't anticipating them to be.

Now those guys might just be that stupid and complete lost causes but you'd think after all this practice and game time that they could somewhat get on the same page as one another.

There's a lot of dead weight in the WR room that needs to be cut loose in the offseason, but it is damn frustrating how much of a total black hole the position group is right now.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:13 PM   #3397
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Patrick had great chemistry with Watkins.
Correct. So what we may be looking at here is a case of "Don't be a complete waste of space and Patrick will make you look good."
Old 11-21-2021, 11:18 PM   #3398
Colorado Chief Fan

Broncos signed Tim Patrick to a sizeable deal. Probably means Cortland Sutton hits free agency?

That would be a nice #2 or 1b WR!
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:16 AM   #3399
MVP

Quote:

He had chemistry with Albert Wilson. Need to find someone he can trust. Even Tyreek & Kelce have some pretty bad butterfinger moments, as we have seen numerous times this year including today. Hardman seems to drop half the targets and you can't trust him on 3rd down at all. It sucks.

If you want someone that would instantly have great chemistry with Mahomes, go get Jakeem Grant. Similar speed to Hardman, but a million times better chemistry with Mahomes.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:57 AM   #3400
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Not sure how one "asides" those drops. They literally killed drives.
He had a drop by Gordon on 3rd down that possibly could have moved the sticks but not guaranteed, the drop by Kelce that resulted in the INT, and another drive that was killed by Trey Smith being a dipshit. I won't fault him for those since he had little control over those situations.

But he still took a really, really bad sack from Parsons and coughed up the football right around midfield with about a minute left in the half. If our defense didn't play a legendary game, that becomes a huge tide turner. He also took another couple sacks and had that weird ass non-toss to CEH on the option. WTF was he doing there? Not to mention a few times he flushed the pocket and had room to run, but elected to try and string the play out hoping for something bigger downfield; then by the time he took off to run, all that grass had been eaten up and he only gained a couple yards. I can appreciate the guy looking for shots downfield, that's part of what makes him great, but when it doesn't particularly work out well, I'm going to point out that he wasn't great.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #3401
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
That drive almost certainly ends in points and changes the outcome of the game (making it a 3 possession one).

I guess I’m having a hard time thinking of a second half drive that stalled because Patrick missed reads ala the Packers game. We had the missed field goal drive, the Kelce INT drive, the Orlando Brown missing a blocker for a sack and then the line missing two blockers on 3rd down.

Patrick did what he needed to against a great defense this week. Had Kelce not dropped the pass it would have likely been an excellent game against a great defense.
Pat also had a rookie lineman back them up pretty far that killed another drive.
Was it 2nd and 29 or something?
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #3402
MVP

Quote:
I'm not arguing that these guys are good, or even decent. In fact they're horrible and would probably be practice squad players on half the teams in the league.

It would just be nice if after 4 years, Pat could develop some sort of connection with these guys so they at the very least don't look ****ing confused half the time.

All three of those guys have been with Pat for at least three seasons now and all three spend half their time on the field running the wrong route or being in a spot that Pat isn't anticipating them to be.

Now those guys might just be that stupid and complete lost causes but you'd think after all this practice and game time that they could somewhat get on the same page as one another.

There's a lot of dead weight in the WR room that needs to be cut loose in the offseason, but it is damn frustrating how much of a total black hole the position group is right now.
Well, he hit Hardman in the hands....drop
He hit Gordon in the hands....drop...

I would say he's trying, but the results just aren't there.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:15 AM   #3403
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Well, he hit Hardman in the hands....drop
He hit Gordon in the hands....drop...

I would say he's trying, but the results just aren't there.
Yup - the WRs are just not bringing in too many of these balls. Hardman's was worse because he alligator armed it - felt pressure coming over the middle and you could see him tapping the brakes as he was trying to bring the ball in. Just a straight up chickenshit drop, IMO.

As I mentioned in the other thread, too many of these drops are big damn plays. Most of these aren't dump passes for 3-4 yards on 2nd downs. They're 3rd down passes and/or 10-15 yard gains that don't get converted and lead to punts. They're effectively turnovers.

Yeah, drops happen - but they've gotta cut these in half. You can't have 4-5/gm like this with regularity.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:18 AM   #3404
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
He had a drop by Gordon on 3rd down that possibly could have moved the sticks but not guaranteed, the drop by Kelce that resulted in the INT, and another drive that was killed by Trey Smith being a dipshit. I won't fault him for those since he had little control over those situations.

But he still took a really, really bad sack from Parsons and coughed up the football right around midfield with about a minute left in the half. If our defense didn't play a legendary game, that becomes a huge tide turner. He also took another couple sacks and had that weird ass non-toss to CEH on the option. WTF was he doing there? Not to mention a few times he flushed the pocket and had room to run, but elected to try and string the play out hoping for something bigger downfield; then by the time he took off to run, all that grass had been eaten up and he only gained a couple yards. I can appreciate the guy looking for shots downfield, that's part of what makes him great, but when it doesn't particularly work out well, I'm going to point out that he wasn't great.
The non-toss to CEH seemed to be a 'play it safe' moment. I'd have to watch it again, but the end looked to have come unblocked or beat his man quickly so he was setting up. I think Mahomes saw him in an 'athletic stance' and was concerned that he'd make a play on the pitch. Where that play happened, that could've gone all the way for 6 the other way and been potentially catastrophic.

I think it was just Mahomes doing a little game management. It looked awkward as hell, but I think it was defensible.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:19 AM   #3405
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The non-toss to CEH seemed to be a 'play it safe' moment. I'd have to watch it again, but the end looked to have come unblocked or beat his man quickly so he was setting up. I think Mahomes saw him in an 'athletic stance' and was concerned that he'd make a play on the pitch. Where that play happened, that could've gone all the way for 6 the other way and been potentially catastrophic.

I think it was just Mahomes doing a little game management. It looked awkward as hell, but I think it was defensible.
Even Mahomes got up after that play patting his chest, "That one is on me."
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.