Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #166
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
You think Cassel is a good QB? I don't. I think you take him out of NE he will suck big time.
I don't think he will suck. I think he will a solid starter.

I don't want to trade for him, I just think all this crazy hate for him is getting a bit out of hand. He actually wasn't just lobbing balls to Moss all year long. Hell, if Moss hadn't dropped a couple of easy passes, the Pats would have made the playoffs.
Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #167
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
The Patriots weren't the best team this year comparing the 2007 to the 2008 team is apples to oranges. Are you saying it was Cassells fault for not making the playoffs? Clearly thats not true. No Rodney Harrison, Adulais Thomas, and all of those starting Rb's played a bigger part and he still won 11 games his first year as a starter.
The guy had Moss and Welker at WR....and he threw 20 TDs. What do you thinks he's going to do on this team?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #168
**** That Noise

If your throwing the ball to Moss and Welker behind a good Oline, you better be able to put up more than 20 TD's.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #169
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
What does watching football have to do with what the Patriots want for Cassel? Do they make trades on the field? But as for your question yes, and they way you talk I think its safe to say I watch a lot more football than you. But I have a question, are you 10?
My point is you're an idiot who probably gets his talking points from ESPN. Funny you ask if i'm 10 when you're the one throwing insults. Pot+Kettle Black?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #170
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 View Post
The guy had Moss and Welker at WR....and he threw 20 TDs. What do you thinks he's going to do on this team?
Tony Gonzalez & Dwayne Bowe are pretty damn good.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #171
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post

DEAR GOD.
So you went to another dimension and fount out my claim was laughable.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #172
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I don't think he will suck. I think he will a solid starter.

I don't want to trade for him, I just think all this crazy hate for him is getting a bit out of hand. He actually wasn't just lobbing balls to Moss all year long. Hell, if Moss hadn't dropped a couple of easy passes, the Pats would have made the playoffs.
He reminds me alot of Matt Schaub but worse.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #173
MVP

Quote:
If your throwing the ball to Moss and Welker behind a good Oline, you better be able to put up more than 20 TD's.
He was basically a checkdown guy early in the season, that's why he didn't throw many TDs. He was throwing a lot more later in the season once he improved and they opened up the offense for him.

He was also sacked 47 times behind that oline. He wasn't being protected well early in the season.
Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #174
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Gonzo and Bowe aren't anywhere close to Moss and Welker. He threw 20 TDs to arguably one of the most talented WRs of our time....and Welker is a damn good WR.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #175
**** That Noise

Quote:
My point is you're an idiot who probably gets his talking points from ESPN. Funny you ask if i'm 10 when you're the one throwing insults. Pot+Kettle Black?
Even though you just called me an idiot... douche bag.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #176
Banned

Quote:
It would take the 3rd pick to get Cassell dumbass.
You actually believe that?
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #177
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
He reminds me alot of Matt Schaub but worse.
I think he's a bit better than Schaub, but Schaub's main problem is that he's made of glass, not that he sucks.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #178
**** That Noise

Quote:
Gonzo is going to retire soon and Bowe drops more balls than anyone...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #179
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Even though you just called me an idiot... douche bag.
That's not calling you a name acting like an idiot is an action. They need to improve the schools in Iowa.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
So you went to another dimension and fount out my claim was laughable.
I don't have to go anywhere, Frankie.

You embarrass yourself on your own, in this dimension.

Sure, the most prolific offense of the decade was a fluke.

Please, go and find someone that agrees with you, and I'll laugh at him too.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.