Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2024, 11:02 AM  
Supporter

2024 Tax Season Thread

It's that time.

Let's talk taxes.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:01 PM   #61
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've got two companies that owe me 1099s, and they don't get them to me by April 15th. I never had to file an extension until last year, and now I'll have to do it two years in a row because these two companies don't have their act together. I thought they were required by law to get them to me by January 31st or some such date.
Yeah, there's a deadline.

If you're claiming the income, just file them.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:10 PM   #62
In my youth i pray to keep

Got $90 from feds and owed the state $60.

A push is a win

Enjoy wasting my money feds!
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:14 PM   #63
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
There is no documentation required for anything on the return.

Closest you get is with the EITC and CTC you have to mark down what you're retaining for suppor.t
Really? I could have sworn I had to upload something in the past.

But regardless, it's weird how much of all of this is essentially done on the honor system (with the obvious caveat that they can come after you hard if you intentionally claim stuff you're not eligible for).
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:19 PM   #64
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
But regardless, it's weird how much of all of this is essentially done on the honor system (with the obvious caveat that they can come after you hard if you intentionally claim stuff you're not eligible for).

It really does make you wonder. The AI involved in detecting cheaters must be pretty cool. I was talking to someone the other day and they were telling me about some of the red flags that can trigger an audit (owner draw as X percent instead of paying yourself a higher salary, like for an LLC)

and some of the lines were pretty arbitrary....

If I ever get audited , theyre gonna owe me money and it will be a huge waste of their time. I like to err on the side of caution , a la a Marty Shottenheimer tax strategy
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:22 PM   #65
Supporter

Quote:
Really? I could have sworn I had to upload something in the past.

Yeah, you might be right on some of that Colorado shit. And I'll admit I know ****all about that EV credit you got, but most of the shit that is attached is just other IRS forms. IRS can barely manage a 1040 much less all the supporting documentation.

Is that a federal credit you're getting or state?
Old 03-05-2024, 04:25 PM   #66
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Yeah, you might be right on some of that Colorado shit. And I'll admit I know ****all about that EV credit you got, but most of the shit that is attached is just other IRS forms. IRS can barely manage a 1040 much less all the supporting documentation.

Is that a federal credit you're getting or state?
The EV credit was both federal and state, but now that you mention it, I wonder if it was the state version that required me to upload something (bill of sale probably). The feds just required the VIN on the form, which I'm sure is how they're monitoring it.

The solar credit is even less detail than that. The form just asks for the address and how much it cost.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:27 PM   #67
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
It really does make you wonder. The AI involved in detecting cheaters must be pretty cool. I was talking to someone the other day and they were telling me about some of the red flags that can trigger an audit (owner draw as X percent instead of paying yourself a higher salary, like for an LLC)

and some of the lines were pretty arbitrary....

If I ever get audited , theyre gonna owe me money and it will be a huge waste of their time. I like to err on the side of caution , a la a Marty Shottenheimer tax strategy
It would be super cool if the IRS was using some sort of satellite AI to identify what locations have had solar installed. I'm confident that it exists - roofers can give you a price quote based on those kinds of systems.

But I strongly suspect the IRS isn't sophisticated enough for that kind of tech.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:42 PM   #68
MVP

"IRS and Satellite AI" doesnt feel right
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:54 PM   #69
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
It is complete and utter AIDS.

Thanks alot.

I am new to the scene... I come into the club and I date the 1st accounting software I find.

Then you assholes tell me AFTER the fact it has AIDS..

And I actually kind of liked it.

And now its ruined for me.

**** all of you!!!!

Im downthumbing all of you HARD
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:50 PM   #70
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
Thanks alot.

I am new to the scene... I come into the club and I date the 1st accounting software I find.

Then you assholes tell me AFTER the fact it has AIDS..

And I actually kind of liked it.

And now its ruined for me.

**** all of you!!!!

Im downthumbing all of you HARD
That's the final straw. I'm going to sneak into your house and install Lotus 1-2-3 on your computer after doing an upper-decker in the master bathroom.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:01 PM   #71
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
That's the final straw. I'm going to sneak into your house and install Lotus 1-2-3 on your computer after doing an upper-decker in the master bathroom.
Holy hell man. There must be some longstanding beef between you guys. Because the upper decker is one thing, but Lotus 1-2-3? Jeez
Old 03-05-2024, 07:12 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
It's weird to me that some substantial credits (solar in my case) require no documentation to claim them. I mean, I know I could get audited and that I'd have to provide it then, but you'd think I'd at least have to submit an invoice or something. Pretty sure I had to do that for my EV credit, but for my solar credit, I just type a number in the line and say

There are 85,000 new agents to pound you with a hammer if you don't do things right. They'll find you.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:06 PM   #73
Supporter

Quote:
Holy hell man. There must be some longstanding beef between you guys. Because the upper decker is one thing, but Lotus 1-2-3? Jeez
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:08 PM   #74
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Okay, that was brutal. I've got everything in the accountant's hands other than four documents that haven't been sent to me yet. I'm glad to get that done.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.