Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM  
Just Lurking

Investing/Retirement question

I have been sitting on an old 401K for a company I no longer work for. I left that money untouched for the past 8 years. It has almost doubled in value during that time.

I am really considering taking that money and transferring it to a Robinhood Gold IRA. They are doing a 3% match through the end of April if you sign up for the Gold (must keep Gold for 1 year $5 per month fee) I am well outside of the 5 year agreement for the IRA they require before penalty for early withdraw. I am figuring 7-9 years before Retirement.

I know very little about Robinhood. My current 401K is with Voya, and the fees are less than 1.5% annual. I would have to rollover to a traditional IRA as 98% of my 401K was before tax.

Is Robinhood any good for just setting up an IRA and not "investing" with it?
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-05-2024, 02:06 PM   #46
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
It's free. I am gonna paper trade some things in there to test out some strategies.

Thank you both.
Yeah, it's free. I've primarily been using Schwab's Streetsmart Edge app, but have tried out Think or Swim. ToS seems much more advanced, but I haven't been a big fan of the layout. Schwab if fully shutting down Streetsmart Edge in the next month or two. So, I will have to fully convert to ToS.

If you look online, there are a few scripts that come close to detecting stocks with Minervini's VCP pattern. Not perfect, but a decent start.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:16 PM   #47
Starter

Robinhood suspended trading on their site on orders from Wallstreet. I wouldn't trust them. It's really more of a trading platform anyway.

When I left a company years ago I rolled my 401K into a self-directed IRA where I now have rental properties, stocks, gold and Bitcoin. Equity Trust is the company I chose.

You most likely will not need to buy all those diverse assets. But if you ever decide to get into those, you could. Otherwise you're stuck with stocks/mutual funds only.
Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:32 PM   #48
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
I've primarily been using Schwab's Streetsmart Edge app, but have tried out Think or Swim. ToS seems much more advanced, but I haven't been a big fan of the layout.

One really great thing about ToS is you can change many aspects of the layout. You can change menus, you can customize windows, you can add things to almost any column...

I had to spend quite a bit of time getting used to the layout and then when I started changing the things that bothered me most, I really ended up loving it.

Color Schemes:

Charting

Random Questions

Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:51 PM   #49
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
One really great thing about ToS is you can change many aspects of the layout. You can change menus, you can customize windows, you can add things to almost any column...
Thanks. I'll take a look at those videos. I have no doubt ToS is better as there are some limitations in Steetsmart Edge I've had to work around that I know ToS does not have. I'll come around to it when I have to. I've just turned into the grumpy old man who doesn't want change. i have my exact layout in Streetsmart Edge that I like and have used for a few years. Now I'll just need to take the time to eventually do the same in ToS.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:07 PM   #50
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
I've just turned into the grumpy old man who doesn't want change. i have my exact layout in Streetsmart Edge that I like and have used for a few years. Now I'll just need to take the time to eventually do the same in ToS.

Oh man I feel you!!

I _really_ loved the TdAmeritrade phone app.

So , my #1 is the ToS desktop app, but I dont really care for the ToS phone (android) app, but what I loved as my #2 was the TD Ameritrade phone app. So being able to use ToS on my desktop at the office and TDAmeritrade phone app in my bed or on the shitter was so great...

and so far, I dont think Schwab is doing to update that TD app on the phone (even though they BOUGHT the rights to it) , but I am hoping theres other grumpy old guys out there who can convince Schwab to being back the TD Ameritrade android app in the play store... LOL
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:28 PM   #51
Sapere Aude

Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:40 PM   #52
Fish are scared of me

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:40 PM   #53
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I'm a believer in always rolling over your 401k to an IRA any time you leave an employer. It gives you more control and less expense than just leaving it sit in the 401k.
I forgot about profit sharing 401K’s that I had over the years. Turned 65 and the SSA sent me a snail mail telling me I have 3 accounts with these companies. Here’s their snail mail address.

$28K of free money so I send a letter asking for my money. 2 come back return to sender. 3rd says contact Voya, that’s where our other stuff is located.

Never got a notice about the account's. Is this normal?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:47 PM   #54
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
61 years young eh?
Yep!
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:18 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
hahaha that's ****ing awesome
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:34 PM   #56
Certified Bourbon taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
As a guy that hedges grain, I want no part of speculating any of that.
All Y'all paid my salary for quite a while. You're in a different boat than I was in.
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:59 PM
lewdog
This message has been deleted by lewdog. Reason: Wrong Thread