Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2022, 12:57 PM  
I'll be back.

Starfield (Skyrim in Space)

Let's gooo! 11-11-22

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:48 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
You mean you don't see the value in downloading the soundtrack?

Good on you. I am impatient by nature, and since I'd already dropped two grand on a new rig to be able to play the goddamn thing, I figured what was another $35?

As for the game itself, I think I'm up to Level 17 now. Several aspects are still pretty much incomprehensible to me (like shipbuilding, which I have dabbled in, and creating outposts, which I haven't even attempted yet), but right now I'm focused on getting my piloting skills up to the highest level so I can get a Level 3 ship, and earning the credits necessary to buy said Level 3 ship. I finally got a decent low level ship for combat, but it has shit for storage, seems incapable of accepting any storage upgrades, and that is a huge pain in the ass. One thing that is now better is that I realized that I could use the arrow keys to more quickly and efficiently allocate ship power, which is a major improvement over using the assigned keys.

It's a slog, but it's a fun slog. Mostly. Oh, another thing about this game that sucks - the lockpicking. Far more annoying than Skyrim or Fallout, or Mass Effect for that matter. That will probably be the next thing I try to level up, which detracts from what I really want to level up, which is being able to upgrade stuff. Definitely a long haul game.
Thanks for your impressions. I'm jonesing.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 01:53 PM   #47
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Thanks for your impressions. I'm jonesing.
I would definitely recommend starting with a character class that gives you an immediate boost to piloting. That's a big deal. I added some combat skills early on that don't seem to be all that necessary or useful, since you start to pick up fairly powerful weapons from fallen foes early on. Kind of wish I'd spent those points elsewhere now.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:25 PM   #48
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Go on....
I'm seeing a lot of that sentiment on YouTube. Lots of people refunding this game and I'm not really sure as the reason to why?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:44 PM   #49
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
I'm seeing a lot of that sentiment on YouTube. Lots of people refunding this game and I'm not really sure as the reason to why?
"Unfinished buggy mess" is the consensus I've seen. Some people already beat the game (less than 24hrs) & reported it is "worse than Diablo 4" (oof, shots fired).

Not a surprise: gaming has turned into HUGE business. Timelines and marketing matter more than complete/fun for many developers these days.

I put games like this on my wishlist & wait for the "major patch" release + hefty Steam sale discount. Example: I am now playing Cyberpunk 2077 and loving it. It was an absolute dumpster fire of a release... so much so it tarnished CD Projekt Red's sterling reputation (after Witcher 3 it was thought they could do no wrong).

Bethesda already pulled this shit w/ several of their series, so trust is low.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:50 PM   #50
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
I (like most) have been following this game's development for years as the premise sounds awesome.

I just....every time i watch gameplay footage the world seems kinda dead to me. Im worried that it'll be vast, slow and mostly empty.

It seems like it could be another gorgeous, empty game.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:54 PM   #51

Quote:
I (like most) have been following this game's development for years as the premise sounds awesome.

I just....every time i watch gameplay footage the world seems kinda dead to me. Im worried that it'll be vast, slow and mostly empty.

It seems like it could be another gorgeous, empty game.
Don't know what people were expecting then. If it's just the status quo for Bethesda why the outrage? Just seems a bit odd to me is all.

Edit: Cyberpunk 2077 is actually a pretty great example of a game that folks were justifiably pissed about. Completely tanked the reputation of CDPR and I'm not sure they'll ever recover back to where they were. Bethesda, OTOH, is pretty much known for porting the same games they had success with a decade ago in perpetuity.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:02 PM   #52

Would be nice if these companies would stop obsessing over making the world's as 'big' as possible when they subsequently can't fill it with anything interesting. Once read the criticism 'the vastness of the ocean with the shallowness of a puddle' and it's perfectly applicable to all these overly ambitious shitfests. Cyberpunk. No Mans Sky. Apparently this game. There's nothing wrong with being compact.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:06 PM   #53
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Would be nice if these companies would stop obsessing over making the world's as 'big' as possible when they subsequently can't fill it with anything interesting. Once read the criticism 'the vastness of the ocean with the shallowness of a puddle' and it's perfectly applicable to all these overly ambitious shitfests. Cyberpunk. No Mans Sky. Apparently this game. There's nothing wrong with being compact.
I think RDR2 managed to pull off the vastness while making the world rich with content and character.

GTA V pulled it off. But their sandbox seemed big in 2013 and feels quite small in 2023.

But yeah....not everyone is Rockstar.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:53 PM   #54
Three-Pat

Quote:
I think RDR2 managed to pull off the vastness while making the world rich with content and character.

GTA V pulled it off. But their sandbox seemed big in 2013 and feels quite small in 2023.

But yeah....not everyone is Rockstar.
Witcher 3 did it as well. But agree that not many pull it off anymore. Bethesda has been going downhill for a long time and it’s sad.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 09-05-2023, 08:49 PM   #55
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
I'll go back and reiterate, Bethesda games have always been about the modding community adding in 99.9% of the content. This seems far less buggy than their previous titles. This and all the other Bethesda specific games have been about building a sandbox with assetts and letting the community add that in. The last game I played like this with great content was Mass Effect 3, this isn't that at all.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2023, 10:24 PM   #56
MVP

This game sorta feels like No Man's Sky and Mass Effect had a baby, but it's a diet version of both of those games. I'm only an hour and a half in so far; it's probably too early to judge. One thing I speculate might turn off some Bethesda fans is the lack of focus on exploration. For those who got their kicks out of venturing into a countryside to find random points of interest, this game (so far) feels a bit more on rails.

Quibbles aside, it's pretty good. Feels like a near endstate culmination of polish which most Bethesda games don't reach out of the box. Gorgeous environments and lighting, the most human looking NPCs they've managed to create, and a decent enough job so far with the writing. The soundtrack is great; I'm getting nostalgic vibes for some of my favorite science fiction. If you are a science fiction junkie and are curious to see Bethesda's take on it, this seems like a can't miss.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2023, 01:30 AM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Go on....
Its fallout 76 in space with more loading screens.

The game is hollow. Space flight Compared to a NMS or elite dangerous its like a 2d version of that. Ground game is unfinished, 2013 graphics, and 2006 gameplay.

Oh and did i mention the loading screens? lol

Its as if someone told AI what a cool space game would be, and the AI painted a picture, but really didnt know what it was painting, just that it had read about it somewhere.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2023, 05:32 AM   #58
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Its fallout 76 in space with more loading screens.

The game is hollow. Space flight Compared to a NMS or elite dangerous its like a 2d version of that. Ground game is unfinished, 2013 graphics, and 2006 gameplay.

Oh and did i mention the loading screens? lol

Its as if someone told AI what a cool space game would be, and the AI painted a picture, but really didnt know what it was painting, just that it had read about it somewhere.
No Mans Sky is incredibly boring, ya it looks pretty but it's about Survival and not much fighting other than space dogfighting.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2023, 05:52 PM   #59
Wasted away again...

So this is free on my X-Box Game Pass, at least the basic version anyway? There's a Premium Edition for $99.99, so I don't really know the difference. This type of game really isn't my thing. I typically get into them for awhile and then get bored. I've never finished a version of Fallout or Mass Effect, for example. But it's free, so I'm downloading it.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2023, 11:14 PM   #60
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post
No Mans Sky is incredibly boring, ya it looks pretty but it's about Survival and not much fighting other than space dogfighting.
Oh i agree. But the space game, planet transitions, flora fauna etc are light years beyond starfield

get it.. light years ayoooooooo
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.