Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 03:44 PM  
Life is changing..

What is the best restaurant in KC?

I'm not super picky about food type - I'm just looking at what restaurant would qualify to you as "the best" in Kansas City.

Give me some examples of food offered, atmosphere, price, etc.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:47 AM   #76
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Can't believe you losers... How do you not realize the best restaurant is 1587 Prime!
"Is," not "will be."
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:59 AM   #77
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
I like Bristol but Bonefish is just as good, if not better.
Man I just don't agree.

I've been to Bonefish in the Northland a bunch of times (just a few minutes from my folks house) and I don't think it's a close call. Bonefish typically comes across as just a fairly standard seafood restaurant. Better than Red Lobster of course, but not a top tier spot either.

Simply a pretty good spot; on any given night maybe a little better or worse than McCormick & Schmick's. Haven't thought it to be on the same tier as Bristol.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:15 AM   #78
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Man I just don't agree.

I've been to Bonefish in the Northland a bunch of times (just a few minutes from my folks house) and I don't think it's a close call. Bonefish typically comes across as just a fairly standard seafood restaurant. Better than Red Lobster of course, but not a top tier spot either.

Simply a pretty good spot; on any given night maybe a little better or worse than McCormick & Schmick's. Haven't thought it to be on the same tier as Bristol.
See...I actually do agree. And I like Bristol, don't get me wrong. I'll also admit to not having the most refined seafood palate in the world. But I've eaten at Bonefish probably 20 times in my life and EVERY single time the food has been on point and great. I can't say the same for a lot of other seafood places I've tried. I honestly don't even know if McCormick is still open these days because I swore about 5-6 years ago I'd never go back after having another shitty meal there.

I tried that Jax Fish House a time or two, which I understand might be closed now and it was good. I'd compare it to Bristol, which I'm again not saying I dislike. But the consistency of Bonefish just does it for me if I'm in the mood for seafood. I'm pretty much guaranteed to love the meal.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-25-2024, 11:20 AM   #79
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I guess if you never eat fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc... then sure. I found it to be incredibly basic, especially for the hype and how busy they were all the time.... but sure, if you want deep fried American food (that might be redundant), they have it.
Stroud's exists on a reputation from yesteryear, much the same as Bryant's and Gates both do as well. Nostalgia can sustain a restaurant for a long while. We still get Strouds about once a year and I always thoroughly enjoy it. Feel like shit afterwards but I think I'll always want to keep going even though I'm sure there's a handful of places that probably do fried chicken and mashed potatoes better. I might fight someone if they say somewhere else has better gravy though
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-25-2024, 11:23 AM   #80
Ultrabanned

The Bonefish off 64th you’re talking about is dead. Got shut down a month or so ago
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:31 AM   #81
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
The Bonefish off 64th you’re talking about is dead. Got shut down a month or so ago
Ah.

Well my mom moved to Florida a year or so back so haven't been there in awhile.

Never felt like that area took off like they thought it would; doesn't really surprise me that a more niche restaurant would fail but then again, it was probably open for over a decade.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM   #82
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
Stroud's exists on a reputation from yesteryear, much the same as Bryant's and Gates both do as well. Nostalgia can sustain a restaurant for a long while. We still get Strouds about once a year and I always thoroughly enjoy it. Feel like shit afterwards but I think I'll always want to keep going even though I'm sure there's a handful of places that probably do fried chicken and mashed potatoes better. I might fight someone if they say somewhere else has better gravy though
Gus's is way better
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:37 AM   #83
Supporter

Quote:
Not surprised. Every time I've been in there the number of employees was greater than the number of customers.

Not the greatest location.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:39 AM   #84
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Age is definitely a big reason I'd never plan on going again, or maybe it's just eating healthier overall... but yeah, I'd hate myself for several hours after eating all the deep fried stuff.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:01 PM   #85
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Ah.

Well my mom moved to Florida a year or so back so haven't been there in awhile.

Never felt like that area took off like they thought it would; doesn't really surprise me that a more niche restaurant would fail but then again, it was probably open for over a decade.
I’m not sure on the specific timeline of the two shopping centers but I’m guessing they tried making Zona Rosa 2.0 a couple miles away and couldn’t get their foothold being second to the market.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:49 PM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Sad to hear that. The one in Leawood is pretty good.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:51 PM   #87
Threepeat!

Quote:
Sad to hear that. The one in Leawood is pretty good.
Try Aqua Penny's. https://aquapennys.com/
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:58 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Try Aqua Penny's. https://aquapennys.com/
I'll have to check it out. Looks brand new.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:23 PM   #89
Threepeat!

Quote:
I'll have to check it out. Looks brand new.
It is. Awesome food & service.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:48 PM   #90
Veteran

Quote:
Agree with all this but Gates lives on for me because I buy the sauce and put it on plates from places who have better meat. I have a great neighborhood bbq spot in LA. They have a great pit master, but their sauce is a tragedy. To their credit they don't get mad when I bring a little bottle of Gates for myself into their joint.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli