Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 PM  
Feeling Victorian

Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #31
MVP

This movie was like a hypnotic dream thanks to its cinematography. Just relentless and urgent pacing that didnt give me time to catch a breath. And I have never heard such a quiet theater at the end for being in a sold out movie. Would have been the best movie of 2019 had I seen it then
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:46 AM   #32
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
This movie was like a hypnotic dream thanks to its cinematography. Just relentless and urgent pacing that didnt give me time to catch a breath. And I have never heard such a quiet theater at the end for being in a sold out movie. Would have been the best movie of 2019 had I seen it then
Sounds like it blows Dunkirk away, in film speak. Another weird audience reaction was at the end of Richard Jewell, my theater was full and everyone started clapping. Same thing happened at the end of American Sniper.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #33
Andy Reid Supporter

Enough time has passed so I have questions:

Spoiler!
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
Sounds like it blows Dunkirk away, in film speak. Another weird audience reaction was at the end of Richard Jewell, my theater was full and everyone started clapping. Same thing happened at the end of American Sniper.
It shits on Dunkirk from the highest stoop. See this movie at the best possible theater you can find. The audio is spectacular (unlike the shitty mix that Dunkirk had).
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #35
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Going to the 12:30 show. Looking forward to it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:12 PM   #36
Cheaterlover*

Saw it yesterday. Fascinating movie due to the filming technique of single-shot, which makes it (and the horrors of war) both more realistic and less intimate. Combined with a muted color palette and grainy appearance (which is also a debatable technique), it’s definitely a different experience and not for everyone, but works well here.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #37
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

That was brilliant. Absolutely amazing. Best war movie I've seen in forever. I simply can't imagine how they pulled it off - with just a couple of pauses, the whole thing seemed like one continuous shot, although there's obviously no way it could be. And while I'm sure there was some very well done CGI involved, I'm pretty sure that mostly it was practical effects, which makes it even more impressive.

Go see it. If Mendes doesn't win best director for this they should just stop giving out awards.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 04:12 PM   #38
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Go see it. If Mendes doesn't win best director for this they should just stop giving out awards.
It should also win for editing and cinematography.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #39
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
It should also win for editing and cinematography.
Agreed.

That scene with the flair illumination in the ruins was.... shit, I don't have the words.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:19 PM   #40
You don't faze me, Gobble.

I just saw this today. Very impressive. The single shot was fascinating, and it really made the movie intense.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #41
Ain't no relax!

Scene from the movie, 1917. from r/PraiseTheCameraMan

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:14 PM   #42
Supporter

Yeah saw it today. It was ****ing fantastic. Just fan ****ing tastic.

They did a good job of not making it a total grinder so the impactful moments hit HARD. Also credit to them for not Cramming bullshit love stories or unnecessary dialogue in there. You got what you needed by using your ****ing brain, god forbid.

They didn’t shy away from the horror of bodies everywhere because they couldn’t do anything with them in the trenches. I have no idea the validity of the story but there wasn’t any place where I was like “cut the shit”.

That movie hits hard. HARD. That’s one that I’m going to have to wait to see again.

****ing phenomenal movie.

Side note. If you haven’t listened to Hardcore History episodes on WWI. Do it. Don’t wait.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:54 AM   #43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post

People are so dumb. Clapping at a movie is like opening a can of SpaghettiOs and saying "My compliments to the chef."

I'm gonna try to catch this one in the next couple of days.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #44
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
Mendes knocked it out of the park with this one. Just a great film from start to finish and left me drained (it was intense as hell!)

Definitely see it on the biggest screen you can.
Some of the B&B Theatres have a giant screen, they also have MX4D options. Which would be better, the bigger screen or the immersive 4D?

I normally go the AMC IMAX route but, am thinking about trying something different.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #45
Veteran

Is the story actually good, or is it just CGI spectacle?
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.