3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #46
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
Surprised that I haven't seen Whiplash in more lists- any one care to comment?
Whiplash was great. I think I actually had it ranked as my 11th.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #47
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
Dude if I ever have a kid who wants to be in band and have me buy an expensive ass instrument, I’m going to show him this movie.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #48
MVP

Definitely forgetting some but off the top of my head

1. Whiplash (by a long shot. What an awesome movie.)
2. Get Out
3. Wolf of Wall Street
4. Birdman
5. La La Land
6. A Star is Born
7. Avengers Infinity War
8. Django Unchained
9. Ex Machina
10. The Social Network

HM: The Other Guys (Favorite Comedy of the decade)
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:47 AM   #49
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

I can honestly say I've never heard of whiplash until now
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:43 AM   #50
I could of gone pro

Quote:
I would have put Whiplash in my second top 10. It is a good psychological movie much like Black Swan, but it lacked being a real thriller. Unless they pulled a Full Metal Jacket stunt and he shot JK Simmons, but that didn't happen.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-13-2019, 09:11 AM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I would have put Whiplash in my second top 10. It is a good psychological movie much like Black Swan, but it lacked being a real thriller. Unless they pulled a Full Metal Jacket stunt and he shot JK Simmons, but that didn't happen.
Ironic you cite FMJ, I haven't watched Whiplash, but the coverage struck me as 'FMJ for jazz band.' And that sapped it of appeal.

I'm sure it's well made, but I was in jazz band and it was nothing like FMJ. And I just don't have an appetite for another narrative about learning through applied trauma.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That is because it's a children's movie.
Sorry, I didn't realize this was the stuffy cinema snob movie thread. I'll let you get back to your intellectual circle jerk.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #53
Blah Blah Blah

I haven't seen everything out there, so I'm sure there there are plenty of movies that should be here that I missed. I still need to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

These are in no order other than Blade Runner 2049 which has become one of my favorite films ever.

Blade Runner 2049
Mad Max Fury Road
Avengers Infinity War
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy
Skyfall
Gravity
Arrival
Dunkirk
Moonrise Kingdom
Baby Driver
Hell or High Water
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #54
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc rush View Post
I haven't seen everything out there, so I'm sure there there are plenty of movies that should be here that I missed. I still need to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

These are in no order other than Blade Runner 2049 which has become one of my favorite films ever.

Blade Runner 2049
Mad Max Fury Road
Avengers Infinity War
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy
Skyfall
Gravity
Arrival
Dunkirk
Moonrise Kingdom
Baby Driver
Hell or High Water
In my second 10 along with Whiplash, I would include Gravity and Baby Driver. There's one movie no one has mentioned and I haven't seen it. Neflix doesn't have it, and the premium channels have not shown it. It's the Sister Brothers. Has anyone seen it? I heard it was good.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #55
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
In my second 10 along with Whiplash, I would include Gravity and Baby Driver. There's one movie no one has mentioned and I haven't seen it. Neflix doesn't have it, and the premium channels have not shown it. It's the Sister Brothers. Has anyone seen it? I heard it was good.

Skip the movie. Read the book.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #56
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Not my tempo!!
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #57
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Ironic you cite FMJ, I haven't watched Whiplash, but the coverage struck me as 'FMJ for jazz band.' And that sapped it of appeal.

I'm sure it's well made, but I was in jazz band and it was nothing like FMJ. And I just don't have an appetite for another narrative about learning through applied trauma.
It's less FMJ and more of a "talented athlete dealing with a talented yet psychopathic coach" movie.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #58
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Not in any particular order:

Sicario

The Martian

First Man

Rogue One

The Lego Movie

Flight

Guardians of the Galaxy

Captain America: Civil War

Arrival

Django

Honorable mentions:

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Sin City

Gravity

Last edited by Megatron96; 12-14-2019 at 06:20 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #59
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I remember watching Drive randomly and really enjoying it but can’t, for the life of me, remember shit about the plot.

Speaking of being pleasantly surprised, Nighrcrawler with Gylenhal was a similar experience. Really good movie out of nowhere.
Nightcrawler... excellent choice
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #60
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Surprised nobody mentioned No Country for Old Men. I don't see many movies but I've seen that one more than once. Damn good.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.