Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 PM  
Feeling Victorian

Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:34 PM   #91
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Very little CGI.

And it’s not a war movie in terms of big ass narrative story. Its an excellently filmed gripping trip on a single simple order that has to be delivered.

Diametric opposite of say...Michael Bays Pearl Harbor
Similar plot as Paths of Glory?
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:43 PM   #92
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly View Post
Similar plot as Paths of Glory?
No. There is nothing so grotesque in the depiction of officers or glory-madness.

In 1917 a slice of heightened (to say the least) wartime reality is the movie, no explicit indictments of War or men who lead them as in Paths of Glory.

Last edited by EPodolak; 01-30-2020 at 11:51 PM..
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:35 AM   #93
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPodolak View Post
No. There is nothing so grotesque in the depiction of officers or glory-madness.

In 1917 a slice of heightened (to say the least) wartime reality is the movie, no explicit indictments of War or men who lead them as in Paths of Glory.
Yeah, the officers in this movie are portrayed as surprisingly competent and sane. I was expecting a Gallipoli ending. Didn’t happen.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:21 PM   #94
I got Rice cookin in the micro

MoHillbilly needs to be in the old sckool thread
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:19 AM   #95
Cheaterlover*

https://entertainment.theonion.com/e...e-s-1841384338
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #96
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

OK, it was awesome...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #97
Veteran

I'm watching the old BBC documentary "The Great War" right now. I don't know a lot about WW1 so it's a lot of new info in my case.
It was made in 1964 so it isn't trying to be gritty or shocking or anything. Still interesting though.

I'm not sure the movie went far enough in showing what a nightmare trench warfare was. I've just watched a bit in the documentary where the Germans hit the French with poison gas for the first time. As the gassed Frenchman ran away from the gas cloud their British allies shot them down for being cowards. The whole war seems like a huge cluster**** and every military plan seems to be "throw more ill-prepared, ill-equipped men into a meatgrinder." A million Frenchmen dead or wounded in the first 6 months and the Russians lost even more ( I think). The Germans killed 100,000 Russians in a single battle early on.

It's on Youtube if anyone is interested.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
I'm watching the old BBC documentary "The Great War" right now. I don't know a lot about WW1 so it's a lot of new info in my case.
It was made in 1964 so it isn't trying to be gritty or shocking or anything. Still interesting though.

I'm not sure the movie went far enough in showing what a nightmare trench warfare was. I've just watched a bit in the documentary where the Germans hit the French with poison gas for the first time. As the gassed Frenchman ran away from the gas cloud their British allies shot them down for being cowards. The whole war seems like a huge cluster**** and every military plan seems to be "throw more ill-prepared, ill-equipped men into a meatgrinder." A million Frenchmen dead or wounded in the first 6 months and the Russians lost even more ( I think). The Germans killed 100,000 Russians in a single battle early on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B83q42uJ..._web_copy_link
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #99
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:

British lost 17,000 men in one battle in ONE DAY, the first battle of Ypres. Just like the American Civil War, the Generals in WWI were using antiquated battle tactics when the weaponry has far outpaced those tactics. Sending wave after wave of men headlong into interlocking machine gun fire was not only criminially stupid, but went on for a couple years during trench warfare after it had become painfully clear that was no way to try an offensive. The shelling turned the entire trench front into a moonscape of dead people, animals, barbed wire and muck. Hell on Earth. People call the French pussies, but if you look at WWI, they lost an entire generation of young men in three short years.

Last edited by gblowfish; 02-23-2020 at 06:20 PM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #100
Veteran

Cool pic, Cheater5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
British lost 17,000 men in one battle in ONE DAY, the first battle of Ypres. Just like the American Civil War, the Generals in WWI were using antiquated battle tactics when the weaponry has far outpaced those tactics. Sending wave after wave of men headlong into interlocking machine gun fire was not only criminially stupid, but went on for a couple years during trench warfare after it had become painfully clear that was no way to try an offensive. The shelling turned the entire trench front into a moonscape of dead people, animals, barbed wire and muck. Hell on Earth. People call the French pussies, but if you look at WWI, they lost an entire generation of young men in three short years.

Yeah, it's nuts. You're dead on about the tech. The last episode I watched was about Verdun. This is apparently the battle where the Germans started using flamethrowers. Not a good day to be on the front lines.

In another battle, who's name escapes me, the British decided to start using poison gas. They had the foresight to give their troops rudimentary gas masks, but apparently they didn't give them enough training. As they charged into battle they became short of breath, assumed they had been poisoned, and ripped their masks off...only to then have the wind change direction and blow the gas back on them.

The point you made about sending waves of men into oncoming machine gun fire is a good one. It seems like every battle involves this strategy so far. In one of the first battles the Germans sent their guys in tight formations with lines of men directly behind one another. The British machine gunner they interviewed said he could basically kill two men with every bullet he fired.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:45 PM   #101
Supporter

Quote:

I said it before.

If you haven’t listen to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History series called Blueprint for Armageddon.

It’s some of the best history listening I’ve ever been exposed to. He does a nice job of pulling in motivations, tactical approaches and chooses to focus on what it was like for the dudes.

I can’t recommend it enough.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:50 AM   #102
Banned

as violent as the first few minutes of Saving private Ryan" at any point?
CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #103
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 View Post
as violent as the first few minutes of Saving private Ryan" at any point?
No.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #104
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
No.
Sounds disappointing
CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #105
I love your mom

I thought it was great , had a different feel than other war movies because of the way it was shot but it also made me feel like I was walking with them the whole way, should have taken my puffer.

Monti

Last edited by Monticore; 02-24-2020 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: grammar
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote