Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2023, 02:10 PM  
Supporter

Sleep Apnea...

Doing an at home sleep apnea test later this week.

I am sure there are others here that have done this.

How annoying is the test and how long did it take you to get used to a CPAP if one was prescribed?

I also like to travel and dispersed camp. Any suggestions for battery packs or other accessories once?
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:17 PM   #46
Veteran

Quote:
There is a sleep apnea thread that has a lot of feedback and advice in the thread.
^ This

I swear by my CPAP. Did the home test. Tested bad. Finding the right mask is key.

I like this: the Halo. You can sleep on your side or back

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/s...Tg_EA&usqp=CAc

Last edited by Holladay; 12-11-2023 at 10:23 PM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 11:04 PM   #47
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Lol

No roids just trt.No bloat.

My soccer days have been over for quite a while.
Yeah sometimes its hard to be enough of a man. TRT can help those men.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 01:15 AM   #48
Starter

Quote:
Doing an at home sleep apnea test later this week.

I am sure there are others here that have done this.

How annoying is the test and how long did it take you to get used to a CPAP if one was prescribed?

I also like to travel and dispersed camp. Any suggestions for battery packs or other accessories once?
It is fairly annoying. I have had 4 done. 2 at home and 2 in a controlled environment. The hospital ones were hard to get through as it’s simply not your usual environment.

I think it really depends on if they give you something to help you sleep or not. Also not to scare you but even if a test is negative that doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have it. Home tests are more inaccurate.

I will circle back to myself. Had 4 done and no Apnea….BUT…. My oxygen drops at night a bit. They have no good idea why besides medication or me needing to get in better shape. So I was prescribed oxygen I use some nights and I feel much better.

My point is ask lots of questions and be your own best advocate. You know if you feel shit or not. If you do have it your improved quality of life will make the equipment seem small.
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-12-2023, 07:10 AM   #49
Politically Incorrect

My pulmonologist and general practioner doctors keep pushing me to take one. I may do so this month since I can that from home now.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 07:34 AM   #50
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Yeah sometimes its hard to be enough of a man. TRT can help those men.
And then there are those like you who no matter what they do will always be a bitch.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-12-2023, 07:37 AM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishels View Post
It is fairly annoying. I have had 4 done. 2 at home and 2 in a controlled environment. The hospital ones were hard to get through as it’s simply not your usual environment.

I think it really depends on if they give you something to help you sleep or not. Also not to scare you but even if a test is negative that doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have it. Home tests are more inaccurate.

I will circle back to myself. Had 4 done and no Apnea….BUT…. My oxygen drops at night a bit. They have no good idea why besides medication or me needing to get in better shape. So I was prescribed oxygen I use some nights and I feel much better.

My point is ask lots of questions and be your own best advocate. You know if you feel shit or not. If you do have it your improved quality of life will make the equipment seem small.
I already know I need a CPAP. I wake up constantly, snore loud enough to wake the entire block and my wife says I stop breathing and then start gasping for air.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #52
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
I already know I need a CPAP. I wake up constantly, snore loud enough to wake the entire block and my wife says I stop breathing and then start gasping for air.
again, I hope everything works out for you and you find something that works.

You dont deserve to live like that , and truthfuly, wont live like that for too long.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:56 AM   #53
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
again, I hope everything works out for you and you find something that works.

You dont deserve to live like that , and truthfuly, wont live like that for too long.
Thx. I am looking forward to it. Too many years of interrupted sleep.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:01 AM   #54
My work speaks for itself!!!

When I use it: I get better sleep and wake up more clear-headed and less tired

When I dont use it: the exact opposite

You cant undervalue the importance of quality sleep.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:09 AM   #55
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post

That's what I am looking forward to.

Right now I can wake up and feel like I got a good sleep and then 15 minutes later feel like I haven't slept in days.

Most nights is waking up every couple of hours gasping for air and then struggling to get back to sleep.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:16 AM   #56
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post

ditto
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:32 AM   #57
Supporter

Did a sleep study and they said I had moderate apnea but it didn't show up until the later part of the test so it was a study with no CPAP on. I used a CPAP machine for months and really couldn't sleep so after 4 hours with it on, it would usually come off so I could actually sleep. When they reviewed my data it showed me with zero or 1 episode per hour while using it which they said was impossible. I said it wasn't impossible because I wasn't actually sleeping most of the time. They sent me in for another study with the CPAP from the start. It showed zero apnea the whole night and I barely slept. They of course said I slept well according to their data. It was only pushing air at a 5, maybe up to 10 at max.

What really became apparent to me was the CPAP forced me to keep my mouth shut. If my mouth stayed shut I wouldn't snore or have apnea. The problem was it also forces air into your lungs so it made it harder to sleep without it because it was basically training my body to not breathe in and that it would do the breathing for me. Not a good thing in my opinion.

I slept with it for a few more weeks after the second study before finally returning it. It took a few weeks for my body to get used to not having it since it had been trained to just let the machine breathe for me but after that I was fine. I keep my mouth shut while sleeping and my watch monitors my oxygen levels while sleeping and also has a snoring monitor. If I end up having it return, I'll probably do a chin strap or mouth piece to keep my mouth shut instead. I feel like training your body to not breathe on it's own is dangerous. My doctor told me before my sleep study that he had a person who went on vacation and didn't bring his with him and he never woke up because of oxygen deprivation. I blame that on the CPAP training his body not to breathe on it's own. What if your power goes out one day? I know they work well for some people but my experience was not a good one and I won't go back unless I have no other choice.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:40 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaid View Post
Did a sleep study and they said I had moderate apnea but it didn't show up until the later part of the test so it was a study with no CPAP on. I used a CPAP machine for months and really couldn't sleep so after 4 hours with it on, it would usually come off so I could actually sleep. When they reviewed my data it showed me with zero or 1 episode per hour while using it which they said was impossible. I said it wasn't impossible because I wasn't actually sleeping most of the time. They sent me in for another study with the CPAP from the start. It showed zero apnea the whole night and I barely slept. They of course said I slept well according to their data. It was only pushing air at a 5, maybe up to 10 at max.

What really became apparent to me was the CPAP forced me to keep my mouth shut. If my mouth stayed shut I wouldn't snore or have apnea. The problem was it also forces air into your lungs so it made it harder to sleep without it because it was basically training my body to not breathe in and that it would do the breathing for me. Not a good thing in my opinion.

I slept with it for a few more weeks after the second study before finally returning it. It took a few weeks for my body to get used to not having it since it had been trained to just let the machine breathe for me but after that I was fine. I keep my mouth shut while sleeping and my watch monitors my oxygen levels while sleeping and also has a snoring monitor. If I end up having it return, I'll probably do a chin strap or mouth piece to keep my mouth shut instead. I feel like training your body to not breathe on it's own is dangerous. My doctor told me before my sleep study that he had a person who went on vacation and didn't bring his with him and he never woke up because of oxygen deprivation. I blame that on the CPAP training his body not to breathe on it's own. What if your power goes out one day? I know they work well for some people but my experience was not a good one and I won't go back unless I have no other choice.
This is an interesting perspective. Hadn't thought of the "training" aspect of this, but now you've freaked me out and I'll probably be even more resistant when the doc tells me I should try a CPAP.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:41 AM   #59
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaid View Post

This is false.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:05 AM   #60
MY LITTLE #15

I went to the hospital for my test. The hardest part was trying to sleep in a different place, and on my back (I was a side sleeper). No experience with home tests or how they work.

While at the test, they tried the full mask and the nose mask. Nose mask was definitely a no-go. I use the full mask (covers nose and mouth). I'd say it took maybe a week to get used to.

Going camping, whenever I go, we just try to find a campsite with electric outlet. If you travel, your CPAP can go on the plane with you and does not count as a carry-on.

The biggest negative about the CPAP, IMO, using the full mask, is that my mouth gets dry. It doesn't do wonders for the teeth.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.