Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2023, 02:10 PM  
Supporter

Sleep Apnea...

Doing an at home sleep apnea test later this week.

I am sure there are others here that have done this.

How annoying is the test and how long did it take you to get used to a CPAP if one was prescribed?

I also like to travel and dispersed camp. Any suggestions for battery packs or other accessories once?
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:47 PM   #31
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Freaking expensive. Hope the insurance picks up more than I expect them to.
I had to use mine at least 80% of the time for the first month for insurance to cover it.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:56 PM   #32
In Mahomes I trust!

Did my sleep test 4 years ago at home. I have no issues using my CPAP machine and I get great sleep and can monitor my results on my phone daily. My visits once a year to my local sleep foundation have given back raving reviews on said results. No biggie - just use distilled water and clean your equipment often.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:02 PM   #33
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
So there is a cure all fix but most want a magical pill or band aid?

Sounds like the American way.
Not necessarily. There are two types of sleep apnea, the common type which typically accompanies obesity, but my brother in law has it and has never been over 160 lbs. The other type is central apnea (what I have) which is a bizarre synapse malfunction where the brain stops sending signals to lungs to breathe when you are sleeping....nothing to do with weight. Those sleep tests do a pretty good job of delineating how much of you r apnea is due to weight issues vs central apnea.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:03 PM   #34
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
I had to use mine at least 80% of the time for the first month for insurance to cover it.
that sounds about right.

I paid part monthly, they paid part.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:10 PM   #35
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
that sounds about right.

I paid part monthly, they paid part.
and don't forget to factor in all the disposable parts they charge you out the ass for...they will mail them to you, but it's basically a subsciption and they send them to you whether you ask or not...I think my cost was about $70/mo. Insurance will try to get you in a CPAP, knowing well that less than 50% of patients have success. YOu may have to pay a little more for APAP which senses inhale vs exhale, but well worth it if it works. I could not comfortably exhale and could never make it more than 2 hrs a night
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:15 PM   #36
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
and don't forget to factor in all the disposable parts they charge you out the ass for...they will mail them to you, but it's basically a subsciption and they send them to you whether you ask or not...I think my cost was about $70/mo. Insurance will try to get you in a CPAP, knowing well that less than 50% of patients have success. YOu may have to pay a little more for APAP which senses inhale vs exhale, but well worth it if it works. I could not comfortably exhale and could never make it more than 2 hrs a night
that is what HSA's are for
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:15 PM   #37

That Resmed 10 is awesome, if you end up with that one. Starts pretty low and ramps up once you're asleep.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:16 PM   #38

Quote:
No shit. Luckily mine are all covered 100% but it seems at the very least every other month I'm getting a package chock full of replacement parts.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:21 PM   #39
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
That Resmed 10 is awesome, if you end up with that one. Starts pretty low and ramps up once you're asleep.
I did have one go kaput. Sounded like a tractor in a pull every time I took a breath. Worst 3 days of my life. Took that long to get in. The company I bought it from exchanged it and I was never charged.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:23 PM   #40
Starter

Quote:
No shit. Luckily mine are all covered 100% but it seems at the very least every other month I'm getting a package chock full of replacement parts.
lol...I'm w/ Blue Cross and they sent me the wrong size nose pieces, but I was in an evaluation period, and they sent me home with three different sizes, WHen the bag came, I opened it up and noticed they were the wrong size. I didn;t even open the individual packages, just the big one: "tough shit pal, that's 'used' equipment now, we charged $70 on your card"
Old 12-11-2023, 09:32 PM   #41
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Did my sleep test 4 years ago at home. I have no issues using my CPAP machine and I get great sleep and can monitor my results on my phone daily. My visits once a year to my local sleep foundation have given back raving reviews on said results. No biggie - just use distilled water and clean your equipment often.
I have no issues either. It took me two nights of actually sleeping to adjust to the mask. I use a nasal mask, so my mouth isn't covered.

I know a lot of people complain about the sound, or how uncomfortable the mask is, etc. but for me sleeping made the adjustment so much easier. Maybe if I had struggled to sleep initially, I would have blamed the mask, and maybe give up too quickly on using a CPAP machine.

I stopped sleeping 44 times over the course of my sleep study, but I only woke up 40 times. The other 4 I somehow started breathing again before I could wake up. My CPAP machine changed my life.

I still suffer from insomnia, but when I can sleep, I actually stay asleep thanks to my CPAP machine.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:39 PM   #42
Starter

That's awesome, good sleep is a life-changer. I couldn't do the res med 11, but I have been sleeping MUCH better just using a nasal dilator and ashwagandah or melatonin. I don't know what my sleep stats are now or how it affects my central apnea, but I have completely stopped waking up in a sweaty "panic". I usually only wake up once or twice a nice now, which was unfathomable a few months ago.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:40 PM   #43
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Holy **** you’re in bad shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
OP is a fatass.

He also thinks soccer is a sport.
Dually noted.

Stereotype about OP has been updated.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:43 PM   #44

Took an at-home test last month. The test wasn't a big deal, just one night of less than ideal sleep conditions. But it showed a green light the next morning which says it captured what it needed. The lab received it and let me know I've been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. Appointment to review and discuss later this month.

A CPAP sounds miserable. I took the test because I snore, but I generally sleep heavy and don't get tired or sleepy during the day. So it's hard to envision wearing a mask at night. Other option is an Inspire implant solution. We'll see.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:51 PM   #45
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Not necessarily. There are two types of sleep apnea, the common type which typically accompanies obesity, but my brother in law has it and has never been over 160 lbs. The other type is central apnea (what I have) which is a bizarre synapse malfunction where the brain stops sending signals to lungs to breathe when you are sleeping....nothing to do with weight. Those sleep tests do a pretty good job of delineating how much of you r apnea is due to weight issues vs central apnea.
Thanks for posting this. I learn something new on CP all the time.

FYI your stereotype has been updated.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.